Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858583 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #220 on: June 19, 2006, 11:08:07 pm »
Welcome David and Stephanie!

Well, I live in western Pennsylvania, so we can form a chain of Brokies across our three states.  It's nice to see you both around on the boards!  I've been here since early April... also a refugee from imdb.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #221 on: June 19, 2006, 11:24:27 pm »
Thanks so much David! My dad's side of the family all hail from Indiana- mostly around Terre Haute. I've been to many a family reunion in Indiana  ;)
It's good to meet you and everyone else *tips cowboy hat*  :)

Stephanie -  I am very familiar with Terre Haute. I use to live in Evansville (about 100 miles down U.S. 41 from Terre Haute). Now I am back in Indianapolis.

Welcome David and Stephanie!

Well, I live in western Pennsylvania, so we can form a chain of Brokies across our three states.  It's nice to see you both around on the boards!  I've been here since early April... also a refugee from imdb.

Atz75 - Thanks for the welcome! We sure could form a chain! Now, if we find someone from Maryland, we will hook up with the Atlantic. Then let's find someone from Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Nevada and California, we'll touch the Pacific.

We are off to a good start though! :)

Thanks again for the welcome!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline OldeSoul

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #222 on: June 19, 2006, 11:32:08 pm »
Yes, thank you atz  :)
And I'm all about the chain!
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road- in a world that may say that we're wrong?

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #223 on: June 19, 2006, 11:35:32 pm »
Heya again,
Sorry, I forgot to really introduce myself... I'm Amanda.  My folks didn't stop at atz.
 :)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #224 on: June 20, 2006, 12:09:58 am »
Then let's find someone from Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Nevada and California, we'll touch the Pacific.

Hi again, Stephanie!  :D

I'm not "from" Illinois, but I have lived here since January. And there are several other Brokies here, too! And I happen to know there are Brokies in Colorado and California -- the other states above I'm not sure about.

But now that we're on the subject, I'm curious. Are there any Brokies here from Minnesota? That's where I grew up and have lived (on and off) for most of my life. You'd think it would be a Brokie-friendly state (blue, movie-loving, BBM in wide release), yet I've never seen anyone here who said they were from there.

Katherine

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #225 on: June 20, 2006, 01:43:16 am »
Hi again, Stephanie!  :D

I'm not "from" Illinois, but I have lived here since January. And there are several other Brokies here, too! And I happen to know there are Brokies in Colorado and California -- the other states above I'm not sure about.

But now that we're on the subject, I'm curious. Are there any Brokies here from Minnesota? That's where I grew up and have lived (on and off) for most of my life. You'd think it would be a Brokie-friendly state (blue, movie-loving, BBM in wide release), yet I've never seen anyone here who said they were from there.

Katherine

Katherine-

I was "brave" last night and posted a poll asking people where they were from. So far, only three have answered it... including me. Hopefully more will respond soon, and maybe we can find out who on  Bettermost is from  Minnesota.

By the way, I LOVE that state. I have been camping up there too. It is beautiful... especially up around the Superior National Forest.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #226 on: June 20, 2006, 02:35:33 am »
Heya again,
Sorry, I forgot to really introduce myself... I'm Amanda.  My folks didn't stop at atz.
 :)

Hi Amanda! Please forgive me if I get that wrong once or twice! I am trying... believe me! So many new names!

Actually I think I probably know many of you from IMDb, but the names are different on Bettermost.

I will do my best to remember all the names. :)

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #227 on: June 20, 2006, 09:36:35 am »
Katherine-

I was "brave" last night and posted a poll asking people where they were from. So far, only three have answered it... including me. Hopefully more will respond soon, and maybe we can find out who on  Bettermost is from  Minnesota.

By the way, I LOVE that state. I have been camping up there too. It is beautiful... especially up around the Superior National Forest.

Thanks, David! Both for the poll and the compliments of my native state. I have been to Indiana only very briefly, so I can't offer a knowledgable compliment in return. But I will go check out your poll -- good idea, BTW!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #228 on: June 20, 2006, 06:35:42 pm »
Thanks, David! Both for the poll and the compliments of my native state. I have been to Indiana only very briefly, so I can't offer a knowledgable compliment in return. But I will go check out your poll -- good idea, BTW!

Katherine... Thanks for checking it out! By the way, I THINK I saw somebody mention Minnesota on my poll. Sorry, I can't remember the name though. I am still trying to learn them all! I am going to the poll in a few minutes and reread all the replies. It looks like 17 or 18 people voted last night and today! :D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 06:37:30 pm by David925 »

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #229 on: June 20, 2006, 06:51:47 pm »
Hi David, I was just there. Didn't see any Minnesotans, but it does look like we Midwesterners are still in the lead (that can't last, though ... can it?).