Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858557 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #250 on: June 23, 2006, 05:37:42 pm »
i'm 29 year old , female , married, with two girls.  i live in british columbia, canada, which, for those who don't know, is only one province away from brokeback site (alberta).  i've actually driven around the rockies in alberta, but that was a long time ago.  it's breathtaking!
anyways, i was on the brokeback message board, but i switched over here........it's definately better! so, i'll stick with the beans!
i'll never quite get over grieving, thinking, loving, and analyzing brokeback mountain.  for me, there's so many lessons.....so many things that hit home.  i love it. i love the boys.  i love the movie. i love the love.
this movie has changed my life in so many ways.....hard to describe.  just makes me think, and want to take risks, and tell people how i feel, no matter what the reaction is.

Forsythia.... Welcome To Bettermost! I'm sure you will enjoy posting here. The people are really nice, insightful and intelligent. You will quickly make many friends on this board! :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #251 on: June 23, 2006, 05:42:11 pm »
Wow, I feel like I've come home! When I finally decided to check this site out after seeing it mentioned on the IMDB Brokeback forum and started reading the posts in this thread I was spellbound! What openness, honesty, and dare I say it, "maturity!" Let's see, where do I start?

Hi Fontaine! Welcome to Bettermost! I am pretty new here too and I have found everyone to be very kind, open and friendly. I am certain you will have a similar experience here. If you ever have any questions, just ask someone. I still have questions too, and people are always happy to answer them for me. :D

I sure am glad to have you here with us and I can't wait to read some of your posts! :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #252 on: June 23, 2006, 05:45:59 pm »
hello everybody...this is my first post here..been very busy on the yahoo message board since i saw Brokeback Mountain...and i am a huge fan...ive been hearing about this board for a while and hope you will take me under you wing...
simple but me...i'll tell ya more if you want to know  ;D

Hi Brokeback_dev! Welcome to Bettermost! I'll be happy to take you under my wing but I am still learning the ropes here too! If you have questions, just ask someone. Everyone here is very helpful. I sure am glad you decided to join all of us, and  I am looking forward to everything you have to say! :)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #253 on: June 23, 2006, 05:48:11 pm »
Welcome All Y'all!

Just like the Statue of Liberty says:"Give us your tired, your hungry and your IMDB refugees"   LOL.   

Come on in, pull up a chair.  No need to cry in your apple pie. We have plenty of coffee and Cherry cake.  Ma Twist just made some.   ;)

Cheers!

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #254 on: June 23, 2006, 05:54:47 pm »
Yes, I am David-Indiana on IMDb. Did you post there too? If so, what is/was your user name there?

I kept it the same ... I made some friends over there so I wanted to make sure they knew who I was in this forum. (I love this site, by the way! Too much fun!)
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #255 on: June 23, 2006, 06:00:57 pm »
I kept it the same ... I made some friends over there so I wanted to make sure they knew who I was in this forum. (I love this site, by the way! Too much fun!)

dly64 (Diane isn't it?) - I thought your name looked familiar, but figured I better ask you first, just to be sure.  :)

Yes, there are MANY IMDb users (both former and current) in this forum so you are definately surrounded by old friends, and you are about to make a whole bunch of new ones too!

Yes, it is fun here! A lot of fun!

Again,  welcome to Bettermost! :D

Offline ironbark

• Don't Say Much
  • g'day
« Reply #256 on: June 23, 2006, 10:37:11 pm »
Hi there, did join a little while ago, but havnt as yet been very active on the site, have spent alot of time on the IMD board. I have heard that this is a far better site to discuss Brokeback , so here I am, looking forwards to meeting plenty of nice people. :-*
"Lori darlin', i swear, You look as fresh as the morn'n"

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #257 on: June 23, 2006, 10:56:09 pm »
Welcome Ironbark!

If you liked IMDB, you'll love BetterMost!    The topics are laid out better.  We can post pictures.   No trolls with their rude remarks.   No disappearing threads.      Plus on IMDB, I noticed the questions get very repetative.     Here you can find a previously discussed topic in a thread and then jump in at the bottom and add your opinion or thoughts.     We love everything BBM here.   Even off topic stuff has its own place.  Plenty of photo threads if you like Jake or Heath or hot cowboys.   

Enjoy!   And don't be shy, start posting too!    :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #258 on: June 24, 2006, 01:47:12 am »
Hi there, did join a little while ago, but havnt as yet been very active on the site, have spent alot of time on the IMD board. I have heard that this is a far better site to discuss Brokeback , so here I am, looking forwards to meeting plenty of nice people. :-*

Hi there Ironbark!  God, I am glad you here! Littlewing joined us yesterday, and so did Tomtrueman! :D

It's great  to see you here, and I am really going to enjoy reading your messages! :) You are always so insightful on IMDb!

Welcome To Bettermost! :)

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #259 on: June 24, 2006, 08:05:22 pm »

Hi Ironbark! I am so glad you are here. I am seeing a bunch of ol' IMDb buddies. This site is so much fun. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I have.
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."