Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858687 times)

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #300 on: July 04, 2006, 01:53:01 pm »
You're with like-minded fellow fanatics here Brent  ;). Welcome!
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #301 on: July 04, 2006, 02:52:14 pm »
Hello Brent, Happy Independence Day and welcome!

Isn't the movie great!  I just watched again last night.  What does your partner think of it? 

~Larz

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #302 on: July 04, 2006, 03:21:03 pm »
Hey there Brent!

I've heard lots of folks say how their favourite song is "The Maker Makes" and I don't understand that. I've had the song explained to me & still, there's not the emotional punch that I get from "A Love That Will Never Grow Old", or "He Was a Friend of Mine", or the two notes from "Opening" and of course "The Wings". - But I'm especially glad to hear I'm not the only one that feels that the simple "I Don't Want to Say Goodye" is THE powerhouse of a song from a tremendous soundtrack (and I ain't no country fan either!)

Welcome home to BetterMost! You're sure to find people here who can relate to you and your unusually strong affinity to everything "Brokeback".

Only 10 times, hunh? That's how frequently I admit to having seen it in the theatres. - Figured, since I don't usually see movies at the theatre, I could afford to be extravagant for this one film.

As far as recommending it to coworkers - I wasn't the first one on staff to see it, and am not the only one who really liked it, but NOBODY (at work) gets this picture like I do/did. They're aware of my obsession and tolerate it but are obviously perplexed that I'm still interested in discussing new interpretations/ understandings of details of the movie. Et bien, C'est la vie! - At least I have BetterMost ...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 03:59:11 pm by Roland »
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Daniel_M

« Reply #303 on: July 04, 2006, 03:36:29 pm »
Hi

I'm Daniel from the UK. Glad to have found a troll-tree zone of like-minded BbM admirers. I read the novella last year and was delighted to hear the film was on the way. Even more so when I heard Ang Lee was at the helm, having enjoyed The Wedding Banquet enormously.

So far I've only watched Brokeback twice (some kind of record, surely?) and found it even more moving the second time. I'm sure it's all been said  a million times here and elsewhere but it's genuinely unforgettable.

Look forward to 'chatting' to you all.

:)

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #304 on: July 04, 2006, 03:43:51 pm »
Hi Daniel. Nice to welcome a fellow Brit to the board - we're few and far between.

If you like it here and fancy getting in on the EuroBrokie Brunch in London this September, here's the link:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=1158.msg52531#msg52531
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Daniel_M

« Reply #305 on: July 04, 2006, 04:48:22 pm »
Hi Daniel. Nice to welcome a fellow Brit to the board - we're few and far between.

If you like it here and fancy getting in on the EuroBrokie Brunch in London this September, here's the link:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=1158.msg52531#msg52531

Thank you for the welcome and the link. Still trying to get the hang of this board...

8)

vkm91941

« Reply #306 on: July 04, 2006, 05:30:40 pm »
Hello and Welcome! To all our new members I am so glad to have you here, have a seat, sit a spell and chat. :D

Offline bsmoby

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #307 on: July 04, 2006, 07:21:59 pm »
Thanks for all the welcomes. 

Zou-  I hate to say that my partner has not seen the movie.  When I brought the movie home- which I rented a total of three that day.  I told him I got BBM he said'I guess you got a movie to watch when I am at work tomorrow".  That is what I did and watched it 4 times on that Sautrday.  I have since purchased that movie and seen it about 6 times.  He still has not watched and probably will not.  He says he knows all about the movie.  I have tried to tell him he has not idea but will not listen.
We were out and a friend mentioned BBM and said he did not see it in the theater but bought the DVD when it was released thought he would watch part of it one night and finish it the next day- but once he started watching he could not turn it off.

Roland glad to hear that you also are hooked on 'Never going to say Goodbye'.  I like you are not a big country fan but find that song very powerful.  I am trying to find more work of Teddy Thompson (singer on that track) to see if it is his voice or just that song that overcomes me.

Its great to be in a BBM troll free zone.

Offline Bucky

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #308 on: July 04, 2006, 08:06:38 pm »
Thanks for the greetings and also a welcome to the other posters who came on board around the same time I did. Better most really seems like a great internet community where perhaps we can talk about the movie BBM and what it meant to each of us.  The nice part about Better Most is that it seems to be "troll free" which really pleases me.  To all the posters from the UK I had a pen pal from the UK when I was in high school and the experience of exchanging ideas and information about our countries and what we liked and didn't like in the world of music and movies was great.  My pen pal was from Birmingham,  England and really a delightfully great person.  We wrote to each other for over two years and only stopped when I had to go away to college.

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #309 on: July 04, 2006, 08:15:33 pm »
Zou-  I hate to say that my partner has not seen the movie.  When I brought the movie home- which I rented a total of three that day.  I told him I got BBM he said'I guess you got a movie to watch when I am at work tomorrow".  That is what I did and watched it 4 times on that Sautrday.  I have since purchased that movie and seen it about 6 times.  He still has not watched and probably will not.  He says he knows all about the movie.  I have tried to tell him he has not idea but will not listen.
We were out and a friend mentioned BBM and said he did not see it in the theater but bought the DVD when it was released thought he would watch part of it one night and finish it the next day- but once he started watching he could not turn it off.

Brent, I'm sorry to hear that but maybe his interest will grow.  He doesn't know what he's missing, but then you know that.   ;D

~Larz