Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858955 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #1260 on: June 28, 2011, 04:52:40 am »
Welcome Seek!

You want a piece of Cherry cake?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Brokebacklove4ever

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • "Love is a force of nature"
« Reply #1261 on: June 30, 2011, 12:41:35 am »
Welcome Seek!

You want a piece of Cherry cake?

Im so sorry, I MEANT seek, my name is seaki, i was up late that night. SPeaking of cherry cake, I have a mean recipe. Im thinking about starting a post based on recipes, food that I have created INSPIRED by BBM

Wonderful to meet you Kelda! ;D
"Swear I didn't know we were gonna get into this again." Jack Twist

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1262 on: June 30, 2011, 12:47:57 am »
Im so sorry, I MEANT seek, my name is seaki, i was up late that night. SPeaking of cherry cake, I have a mean recipe. Im thinking about starting a post based on recipes, food that I have created INSPIRED by BBM

Friend, we've got a mean recipe thread for cakes and more in the Holiday Forum.  Would love to see that cherry cake recipe when you're up to it.  8)

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,6108.0.html
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline qiubin1220

• Don't Say Much
  • I don't want to say goodbye.
« Reply #1263 on: November 19, 2012, 06:29:15 am »
Greetings from China,

Hello to everybody whoever is still here or has left this forum as the buzz has inevitably worn down long ago but its significance and impact on lots people will truly last forever. And I just want to say A Big Thank You to all who shares your great insight, introspectiveness and experience of BBM with us, special thanks go to Phil and other co-creators who set this warm community at the first place.

I'm 22-years-old, male, living in a relatively small city in central China and have watched BBM only three days ago. I didn't know this film back in 2006 which I think it is really a big big pity because I missed so mush heart-to-heart online communications then. I stumbled on this forum yesterday when I was searching via Google the original version of a fan fiction called Somebody New which I have read the first ten episodes in a Chinese forum as it has been translated into Chinese recently by a Chinese brokie.( just learned this phrase, lol)

A person posted a list of must-see films in a forum in which I first heard BBM a few days ago and thought I haven’t watched any gay films before and it is totally alien and exotic to me. So, that night, sitting alone, I went through the movie while it was tearing my heart apart at several points I can’t recall now. Over, I found myself plunged into deep indescribable sorrow and it was like some kind of immense punches of fearness pounded on my face. I went to bed, suffering from insomnia all the night.  I wish I hadn’t seen it. But I know I will have to watch it some several times in the future in order to grasp what’s causing so much terror and pain to me thought I deeply, truthfully loath to see Jack&Ennis apart.

I only have the courage to post here in English that I think I am gay, the fact which I have been in denial since I was able to aware of it consciously when I was 18. No way can I surf some gay communities online or watching films about gay when there is someone around. What if they know or even suspect? I dare not thinking about how my life would be ruined if people suspects, let alone me coming out. I was alone for nearly 23 years.

Sorry about my bad English and I really don’t want to bother you with my lengthy bla, bla, bla. I have read through every word of every post up to page 15 now which I find really cathartic to my pain and horror. I think I will just continue to finish my self-healing ordeal with all of your generosity to offer us your very own thoughts and finally make a big difference to my life, hopefully.

Ah…It feels a bit better now…

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1264 on: November 19, 2012, 09:18:02 am »
((((qiubin1220 - big hug))))

Welcome to the BetterMost community!

It doesn't matter how "late" you found us or Brokeback, it's never "too late".  I hope we see you posting all over the forum soon, you never know what conversations you may re-start just by adding your opinions and feelings.

As for your English, I think it's just fine.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #1265 on: November 19, 2012, 09:28:48 am »
Hi there and welcome!

I hope you can find support here. I know there are people here with similar thoughts and experiences. It´s always good to have someone to talk to.

And your English is very good!

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #1266 on: November 19, 2012, 10:01:33 am »
欢迎
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1267 on: November 19, 2012, 10:57:27 am »
Hello qiubin1220, I agree with the others, welcome and please feel free to ask all the questions you like. There are still several of us here happy to discuss the movie. I am interested also on the film being directed by Ang Lee.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1268 on: November 19, 2012, 11:30:10 am »
Welcome qiubin1220!  I'm very glad you chose to speak up at BetterMost about your experience with the film.  I find your story very moving and brave.  I think your English is amazingly good, too.

Please continue to explore your feelings here in a safe environment.  We share your love for Jack and Ennis, and we love to talk about them, as you can see.  It's been seven years since the movie came out, and we're still just as crazy about it as ever.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1269 on: November 19, 2012, 02:24:43 pm »
Seven years...has it really been that long? Welcome, qiubin1220! It will be nice having someone to talk Brokeback Mountain with again!
"chewing gum and duct tape"