Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 858777 times)

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #1280 on: August 18, 2013, 07:22:01 pm »
I was dumbfounded when I first saw BBM.  It was so close to home that I was devastated.  I had my own Jack.  I was 19 and he was 22.  I am now 75, and I have never experienced a love as lush and all-consuming as in our time together.  I still weep to remember those times, and am reminded of the line from the film and short story, "If you can't fix it, you've got to stand it."  That is hard to do.
Happiness is the lasting pleasure of the mind grasping the intelligible order of reality.      --Leibniz

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1281 on: August 18, 2013, 07:38:37 pm »
Welcome, X-Man!  We're delighted to have you here!  :)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #1282 on: August 18, 2013, 08:46:15 pm »
I was dumbfounded when I first saw BBM.  It was so close to home that I was devastated.  I had my own Jack.  I was 19 and he was 22.  I am now 75, and I have never experienced a love as lush and all-consuming as in our time together.  I still weep to remember those times, and am reminded of the line from the film and short story, "If you can't fix it, you've got to stand it."  That is hard to do.
Welcome X-man! I hope you will like it here.

Thanks for sharing your story, and please feel free to share more if you´d like.

Monika

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1283 on: August 18, 2013, 08:54:50 pm »
Welcome X-man! I hope you will like it here.

Thanks for sharing your story, and please feel free to share more if you´d like.

I second that. Welcome, x-man!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1284 on: August 19, 2013, 08:16:47 am »
Nice to meet ya, X-Man!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1285 on: August 19, 2013, 08:37:22 am »
Thank you Monika, Front-Ranger and CellarDweller for your welcome.  I appreciate that a lot.  I can say little more at this time without losing it.  We were not cowboys, but seaman on a ship.  I was a scrawny, very young and naive 19-year old while he was big and strong, funny, and knew everything.  With him I felt safe, and every day was an adventure.  So much time has passed, I would think it would get easier to bear.  You can just imagine how I felt to hear Ennis say "Jack, I swear."  It's what I had been saying for a long time.
Happiness is the lasting pleasure of the mind grasping the intelligible order of reality.      --Leibniz

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1286 on: August 19, 2013, 04:00:26 pm »
Hi X Man!Q Welcome to a Bettermost!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #1287 on: August 19, 2013, 04:56:30 pm »
Welcome to Bettermost, X-man!

We're glad to have you here. We were all struck hard by BBM, so you're among likeminded people here.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline suelyblu

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1288 on: August 28, 2013, 08:36:21 pm »
Hi....I joined this Forum a long time ago....but I have never actually posted on here before.
Will take me a while to find my way "around"....but hope to come here more often and see what goes on here !! Some names I have seen look familiar and I dare say mine will be to them too.!

For those who don't know me ..... Brokeback Mountain haunts me and won't leave me alone.

I lust after Jake Gyllenhaal......but am totally in love with Heath Ledger. Lets leave it at that for now.

Offline kitty

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Old Brokeback Got Me Good
    • Livejournal
« Reply #1289 on: August 28, 2013, 08:37:56 pm »
Hi....I joined this Forum a long time ago....but I have never actually posted on here before.
Will take me a while to find my way "around"....but hope to come here more often and see what goes on here !! Some names I have seen look familiar and I dare say mine will be to them too.!

For those who don't know me ..... Brokeback Mountain haunts me and won't leave me alone.

I lust after Jake Gyllenhaal......but am totally in love with Heath Ledger. Lets leave it at that for now.

*pounces*  :-* :-* :-*