Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 859455 times)

Offline joannehallbeck

• Don't Say Much
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #1300 on: March 30, 2014, 08:07:19 pm »
welcome to Bettermost, Joanne!

Thank you for the welcome, I am on the phone with x- man he says to say hello to muscle bear...hope to talk to you later..
 8)

joannehallbeck

Offline joannehallbeck

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #1301 on: March 30, 2014, 08:21:08 pm »
Hi Joanne and welcome to BetterMost.

This forum is mainly dedicated to the movie Brokeback Mountain and our experience of it.

Have you seen it? What did you think of it? How did it affect you?

We'd love to hear your opinion!

I have not watched the movie have caught bits about it when it was first out..then x-man started to tell me about this site, and since I have been looking around abit I see that I should watch the movie and not just take other peoples take on it...obviously I was living in the bush for to long and lost touch with myself...x-man says I will like it, and he usually knows my taste..so I was surprised to hear it wasn't just a love story...that I could probably relate to some of it..I have decided to check it out so I won't be such a fish out of water..any help during my fledgling process would be much appreciated..Thank you  :)
joannehallbeck

Offline joannehallbeck

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #1302 on: March 30, 2014, 08:26:44 pm »
Hi Joanne and welcome to BetterMost.

This forum is mainly dedicated to the movie Brokeback Mountain and our experience of it.

Have you seen it? What did you think of it? How did it affect you?

We'd love to hear your opinion!

Thank you for the welcome I tried to answer your questions in that last post that I made, hope I succeeded..feeling a little guilty about not knowing much about the movie but will fix that in the next couple of days...
joannehallbeck

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1303 on: March 31, 2014, 05:25:20 am »
Thank you for the welcome, I am on the phone with x- man he says to say hello to muscle bear...hope to talk to you later..
 8)

:laugh:   Ah, so you're a friend of x-man, huh?  cool.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline joannehallbeck

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #1304 on: March 31, 2014, 07:57:08 am »
:laugh:   Ah, so you're a friend of x-man, huh?  cool.
Yes sir, I have known him since we both worked at Project Dare, I don't know if he has talked about that time, but it was quite an eye opener for me...
I was the only female..and from the big city Toronto..the streets, I understood the kids better than most...but I think both the kids and I had an opener there..
as we figured it was just me that the men would hassle, we did not even think of homophobia..we all came from the streets, to us everyone was okay as long
as they didn't judge..who or what we were...
Admittedly I had it easier than the kids I got to leave when my shift was over they didn't..and were subjected to more hate than they should have been, but such is
life..what hurt the most was seeing how x-man was treated..I was use to men being vulgar to me but it shocked both me and the kids the disrespect x-man was given.
He will hate me for saying this but, we understood..he had delicate soul, so when they hurt him they hurt all of us..
I rode to the rescue once, you should get him to tell you about it..I'm not sure if he can laugh about it now..but at the time, I was in my glory I put one over on those sacrosanct
idiots.. I better shut up now before I get myself in real trouble with him.. :-X
joannehallbeck

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1305 on: March 31, 2014, 12:32:31 pm »
Welcome, joannehallbeck! Want a cup of coffee, don't you? Piece a cherry cake?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #1306 on: March 31, 2014, 02:00:17 pm »
Welcome
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline joannehallbeck

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #1307 on: March 31, 2014, 02:22:12 pm »
Welcome, joannehallbeck! Want a cup of coffee, don't you? Piece a cherry cake?

"Thank you ma'am.  I'll take a cup of coffee, but I can't eat no cake just now."  :-\
joannehallbeck

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #1308 on: March 31, 2014, 05:23:40 pm »
I have not watched the movie have caught bits about it when it was first out..then x-man started to tell me about this site, and since I have been looking around abit I see that I should watch the movie and not just take other peoples take on it...obviously I was living in the bush for to long and lost touch with myself...x-man says I will like it, and he usually knows my taste..so I was surprised to hear it wasn't just a love story...that I could probably relate to some of it..I have decided to check it out so I won't be such a fish out of water..any help during my fledgling process would be much appreciated..Thank you  :)

Please share your thoughts with us when you've watched it!

BBM has been endlessly discussed here, but I'm sure people will be interested in hearing your views after seeing it for the first time.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1309 on: March 31, 2014, 06:10:41 pm »
"Thank you ma'am.  I'll take a cup of coffee, but I can't eat no cake just now."  :-\

You bet!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"