Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 866005 times)

Offline ChrisC

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #1310 on: March 31, 2014, 06:28:25 pm »
Can't believe that it's been nearly 4 years since I last posted here, so I thought A re-introduction was in order.
I watched BBM last week with a friend, who had never seen it, and I hadn't seen it for at least 2 years, and my .......all those raw emotions of Joy and sadness came flooding back. My friend who had never seen the movie was clearly moved by the experienced, and stated that she didn't realise it was such a powerful  movie.
So here I am catching up on, seeing what I've missed.

I first found BM when my life was turned up side down when a long term partner decided to leave, this coincidently happened on 22nd Jan 2008. Well later that year I found the love of my life and 18 months later we had a Civil Partnership. 2 years ago our relationship was really put to the test, he suffered a major stroke (at 47), which nearly cost him his life, but he pulled through. I gave up work to become his full time Carer, and he is doing really well. He is mobile, and speech is improving all the time.
He is still very much the love of my life, we work very hard and have a lot of fun.

So watching BBM again has bought me back to here. It's like coming home.
Thank you for reading.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1311 on: March 31, 2014, 07:13:14 pm »
Welcome back, Chris! Where you been? Here and there?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1312 on: March 31, 2014, 08:39:31 pm »
WElcome back Chris!  Good to see you!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline ChrisC

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1313 on: April 01, 2014, 04:16:04 am »
Welcome back, Chris! Where you been? Here and there?

WElcome back Chris!  Good to see you!

Thanks Guys. Wish I could say that I've been to lots of different places, but the past couple of years has been caring for my partner, so I had to give up my job to be able to do that. We have had a few days away together and family breaks which have been great, but they have been fairly local to where we live. I suppose we are lucky that we live in one of the most beautiful places in England, with around 300 beaches not too far away.
Take a look at Cornwall on Google Maps, you'll get the idea. We live in Truro.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1314 on: April 01, 2014, 08:06:38 am »
((((Chris))))

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #1315 on: April 01, 2014, 02:23:23 pm »
Welcome back Chris.

I love Cornwall. I once had a biking vacation there. It's very beautiful and lovely.
Don't remember if we passed through Truro or not, there were so many pretty little villages.

What a heroic task you have taken upon yourself by becoming a full time carer for your partner. Kudos to you.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1316 on: April 01, 2014, 06:51:09 pm »
Good to see you again.  All the best to you and your partner.

Offline ChrisC

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1317 on: April 02, 2014, 04:44:02 am »
Thanks guys, will keep you posted. Will try and check back most days

Offline davidcox

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1318 on: August 01, 2014, 09:02:33 am »
Gotta know much about you guys and i love being to this board

Offline coffeedrinkintexan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Sweet beautiful Jack, sweet beautiful Ennis
« Reply #1319 on: November 24, 2014, 04:40:29 pm »
Hello fellow Brokeaholics!

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading through people's stories here and seeing how this phenomenal story has so deeply affected all of us. I'm a very late comer to the game, having just seen/read it about six weeks ago, though I also know that if I'd seen it when it first came out it wouldn't have had nearly the effect on me that it did. (Personal growth and circumstances, know what I mean?) I feel like BBM has ripped me completely to shreds and I'm not entirely sure why.

I'm 35, a wife, mom, nurse and student. My kids are 10 and 3, my husband doesn't want you to know how old he is, LOL. I'm going to nurse practitioner school because I finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up, after 13 years of nursing. :D North Carolina is where I hang my hat. We are not perfect down here, but we do have Cheerwine and marriage equality (finally!!!!).

Can't quite put my finger on why BBM has turned me inside out/upside down as it has. I don't have any big secrets, and everyone I love knows I love them. But God, how it has....

Thank you all for sharing here and being real.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:58:05 pm by coffeedrinkintexan »
"You got a better idea?"   "I did once."