Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 859417 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #1320 on: November 24, 2014, 06:17:12 pm »
Nice to meet ya!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1321 on: November 24, 2014, 09:51:13 pm »
Yes, Brokeback Mountain has a way of doing that. Welcome, friend! Have a cuppa coffee won't ya? Piece a cherry cake?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #1322 on: November 25, 2014, 01:49:45 am »
Hello fellow Brokeaholics!

I've thoroughly enjoyed reading through people's stories here and seeing how this phenomenal story has so deeply affected all of us. I'm a very late comer to the game, having just seen/read it about six weeks ago, though I also know that if I'd seen it when it first came out it wouldn't have had nearly the effect on me that it did. (Personal growth and circumstances, know what I mean?) I feel like BBM has ripped me completely to shreds and I'm not entirely sure why.

I'm 35, a wife, mom, nurse and student. My kids are 10 and 3, my husband doesn't want you to know how old he is, LOL. I'm going to nurse practitioner school because I finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up, after 13 years of nursing. :D North Carolina is where I hang my hat. We are not perfect down here, but we do have Cheerwine and marriage equality (finally!!!!).

Can't quite put my finger on why BBM has turned me inside out/upside down as it has. I don't have any big secrets, and everyone I love knows I love them. But God, how it has....

Thank you all for sharing here and being real.
welcome and please keep us updated. It's a journey...

Offline JackFromMoscow

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • My VK profile.
« Reply #1323 on: February 08, 2015, 09:50:04 pm »
Hello everyone! Very nice to see you here.
I'm JackFromMoscow, or JfM if you want.
I live in Moscow, Russia, as you could already find out of my nickname. My real name is Sergey, but I don't really like its writing in English, so maybe Serge would do it better.
I've watched BBM not long ago, in the middle of December 2014 and it has totally turned my life upside-down. I ain't joking, its effect was two-weeks-long or so. I was really depressed and couldn't think of anything but BBM. I suppose, there's nothing new you're reading, dear BetterMostians.
Earlier I rushed into BetterMost with my topic "Request for help from Russia". After two weeks of being here I understood it was quite obtrusively, because now BetterMost seems to me like home, where all the old friends sit around the table having warm and cozy conversation with each other. Some members here are the real veterans (as I would say) of BBM and this forum.

Of course, pretty big time passed after BBM appeared in cinemas (ten years anniversary this year!), and time has changed. With all these twitters and facebooks, traditional forums, as I suppose, became a little old form of having conversations; posts are changed by comments mostly. But forum makes it better having Friendly and warmly conversations. Forums suggest big and constructive messages (posts). And me, I really like big and contentful messages! :)

It is very nice to see you all here. After all these years, this Forum lives and, first of all, Brokeback Mountain lives! Of course both short story and movie will never be forgotten, because the REAL art never dies, it lives forever.

Reading this forum is like having a nice winter evening inside a warm, cozy house, with a cup of hot tea and a good book.

I was just eleven in 2005. Of course, I wouldn't understand nor even like the movie. I had no internet that year, I think I didn't even know what a forum is exactly. I remember me watching news in 2008. I couldn't figure out, who on Earth could Heath Ledger be, and I didn't know why his death makes so many people sad. I never say such things as the following one, but... I wish I was twenty in 2005. So I could wait new movies with Ledger, I could discuss the BBM with friends or here on forums... I fould watch BBM in cinema... But for my very big sorry, there never will be any new movies with Heath... there's nothing to wait... And there are half a million posts here; I suppose there's little to say new about BBM. I think all the interviews are discussed, every word of both movie and short story is examined on this very forum. Yes. It is ten years passed. And we, who met Brokeback Mountain recently, just have the oppotunity to touch something ethereal, to become a part of it.

Well, I hope I have a chance to become a part of this sweet BetterMost home.
An unsatisfactory situation with translation into Russian.

Offline JackFromMoscow

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • My VK profile.
« Reply #1324 on: February 08, 2015, 10:00:20 pm »
My post seems to be pathos a bit... excuse me for that :)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1325 on: February 09, 2015, 01:31:54 am »
Jack, I just read your post, and I agree.  BetterMost is like a home with a warm, cozy fire.  So many of us have left that fireside and moved on to other things, me included,  but we never fail to love posts like yours.  It takes us back to that "old, cold time on the mountain, when we owned the world, and nothing seemed wrong."

Maybe you would enjoy the thread where we all talk about our first time seeing Brokeback:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16219.0/all.html

Those were heady days, when we bonded over our love for Ennis and Jack.  That bond continues.  Welcome to the family.

Want a cup of coffee, don't ya?  Piece of cherry cake?
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline JackFromMoscow

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • My VK profile.
« Reply #1326 on: February 09, 2015, 08:57:48 am »
I am deeply touched by your words, Meryl, thank you very much.
I'm gonna print several topics from here, although it would take hundreds of pages, I will translate every word I don't know yet; it surely will make my English much better. I've learned my English as it is now by reading Harry Potter books. It seems I have found another Story that I not just enjoyed by, but a story able to improve my English to an upper level, as well. I have spoken for several times I'm sad my English skills are not good enough.

Although, this forum is pretty big, it doesn't seem to me there's nothing I can do. I see my mission in translating and voicing-over the movie properly, not the way it is in our country. More you can read in my topic I've mentioned up there.
"I remember you"... instead of "Jack, I swear"... it terrifies me every time I think of it.

And your words, welcome to the family... It makes me feel something more than just warm this cold winter we got here!

P.S. just a coffee, please. I can eat no cake right now... at least until I finish my translations!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1327 on: February 09, 2015, 09:33:51 am »
Welcome to the forum, JFM!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline coffeedrinkintexan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Sweet beautiful Jack, sweet beautiful Ennis
« Reply #1328 on: February 09, 2015, 10:27:25 am »
Welcome aboard, JfM!

There are some really kind people here. If you ever need to obsess over small details or hash out a storyline, I'll be around. Mostly I do this in my own little world in my head since no one else really gets it in real life.

I share your feeling of being turned upside down by BBM, and my first viewing happened only a few weeks before yours last year. It's really phenomenal what this story does to those of us who 'get' it.

You come back and see us again.

Coffeedrinkintexan  (Neither Texan nor a coffee drinker, but I love Alma & Ennis' exchange over whether Texans drink coffee)
"You got a better idea?"   "I did once."

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #1329 on: March 04, 2015, 04:05:33 pm »
Welcome to the forum, JFM!

Glad you found us. You're among friends and likeminded people here.

No topic or detail is too small to discuss again, no matter how many times we've discussed it before.

There will always be someone who's interested in your point of view and wants to discuss it.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre