Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 859066 times)

iluvchocolate

Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #390 on: August 20, 2006, 07:27:36 pm »
 :D  Hi all you Brokeback Mountain Fans.   I have been on this site before and don't come here often.  However my husband (horo04)  and I  are big fans of the movie.  Please don't be shy to pm either of us.   

We live in the Calgary area and for the last few days have been on a Brokeback Mountain little tour.   Please check out out pics my husband is posting as I write the.  We have found many of the town scenes and even the Twist house where ennis goes to visit Jack's parent's.  Unfortunatly there was a "No tresspassing" sign on the property so we couldn't get in.  However my husband was able to snap a couple of photos of the outside before scurrying off.  We plan to go back again with permission to enter the house.   Maybe in the fall though there seemed to be allot of wasps around the house.  LOL

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #391 on: August 20, 2006, 07:39:03 pm »
Horo35 and IluvChocolate ..   :)

Another fellow Albertan here!  I live in Edmonton ..  :D
Hope you have a blast here at BT!

:)

iluvchocolate

« Reply #392 on: August 20, 2006, 08:39:03 pm »
Opps  his nick is horo35  he changed it on me LOL :laugh:

vkm91941

« Reply #393 on: August 20, 2006, 09:01:42 pm »
Hey Welcome aboard horo35 and ilivechocolate!  Great to have you.  :D

moremojo

« Reply #394 on: September 18, 2006, 07:21:40 pm »
Welcome aboard, Kristin! Glad to see you here--grab a cup of coffee and a piece of cherry cake, and make yourself comfortable. For myself, I can say that I not only find it a pleasure to be a member of BetterMost, but an honor as well. Maybe you'll come to feel similarly as you continue to read and post.

Very best regards,
Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 09:05:08 pm by moremojo »

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #395 on: September 18, 2006, 09:07:02 pm »
Welcome Kristin! And welcome to all those who joined recently! Have fun and go wild!

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Dafna

« Reply #396 on: September 23, 2006, 06:39:03 pm »
Hello Everyone. I became a fan of BBM after purchasing it on DVD. I never saw the movie on the big screen.  :(

I was a member of another forum but no longer go there. This seems like a nice place and I hope I will like it here. I am 46 and live in Northern California. I hope there are others here in my age group.  :)

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #397 on: September 23, 2006, 10:31:49 pm »
Hi Dafna, and welcome. :) I thinik there needs to be a BBM big-screen revival this year for everyone who discovered it on DVD... and for everyone who misses seeing it on the big screen. (Though it never played on a really big screen in my town, so I missed seeing the scenery in its full glory.)

There are lots of people in their 40's here. You'll fit in fine. :)
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline fruitbat

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #398 on: September 24, 2006, 05:22:24 pm »
Hi everyone!! Thought i would stop by and introduce myself. :)

I'm a member of another forum but i'm always hearing good things about what a friendly place this is so here i am!! ;D

I love BBM, i adore Jack and Ennis and i think my fellow Brokies are some of the greatest people on the planet, so 'Hi' everyone!! :-* :-* :-*

Offline Samrim

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #399 on: September 24, 2006, 06:57:26 pm »
Hi rizla,
Welcome to Bettermost, glad to meet you. We look forward to hearing a bit about yourself (no addresses, no phone numbers, just enough to guess where you are 'coming from').
eg I'm Sam, gay, 67, from North Lincolnshire, England, and ole Brokeback has sure got me good. I love our boys :) :)

Best Wishes

sam
Sam