Author Topic: Do any NY Brokies want to go out for a well-deserved drink today after work?  (Read 10269 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
People, after today's distressing lack of help from Admins, and this whole week, I need a drink!!! (and I am not usually one to say that, but...)

Me and Amy (who *just* got back from Rome) are meeting after I get off work and we want you to come too!! If Surf, John, Meryl, Karl (NYCx--has he been invited?), Fopper, or any other NY brokies here want to meet up, let's do it!

Write back here or email me.  ;)
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
DAMN IT! Why can't I live in NY!?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Hiya Jenny! I finally made it over her after hours of begging my sister to get off the computer. Wow there are so many Tremblayans here, it is amazing. I am sorry, as you know I don't live in NY but I am there with you in spirit!  :-* Have fun what ever you do.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 06:09:53 pm by Becky »
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club

People, after today's distressing lack of help from Admins, and this whole week, I need a drink!!! (and I am not usually one to say that, but...)

Me and Amy (who *just* got back from Rome) are meeting after I get off work and we want you to come too!! If Surf, John, Meryl, Karl (NYCx--has he been invited?), Fopper, or any other NY brokies here want to meet up, let's do it!

I'll be up in NY from April 7 through 11th visiting my family and I would love to meet you guys..I'll buy...

In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Surf

Where...I won't be leaving until 6pm though...

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
Jenny,

I have a 'prior engagement,' which is just as well--after a hellacious week, I look as if I had just tunneled my way out of the Chateau d'If (at least I feel that way)--

I'll beg for a raincheck, please, to be redeemed in the very near future, and at the convenience of y'all. I'm on 60th and Mad--you're on 42nd, yes? Maybe we should stick pins in map of Manhattan and see what's central for everyone?

As Mike Meyers channeling his mother-in-law used to say: "We'll tawk."

John

PS--

Tell Amy hello and welcome back from Rome--Amy, madly envious! Where did you stay?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 05:42:02 pm by jmmgallagher »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
oh wow peeps..

You're making me wanna go to NY again with all this "I'm on blah and blah"  >:(

All very cool. nxt time I come to NY you're ALL meeting me! I don't care if you don't want to!!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline wtbgirl

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Hey John - I stayed at the Hotel Mondial on Via Torino - it is around the corner from Plaza Republique and about a 5 minute walk from the Spanish Steps.  I drank more wine than humanly possible and amonst other crazy stories, met Jack Wagner (known to the world as Dr. Peter Burns from Melrose Place for the 90s generation and, in a place ALWAYS close to my then-teenage heart, played Frisco Jones on General Hospital in the 80s.)  He was a doll, and after he spilled gelatto on his jeans, used my napkin to wipe it up (wished I was the napkin!)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
Kelda,

We're rats in a right-angled maze, and we think in checkerboard terms--up, down, left, right--at least in midtown, anyway--
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline wtbgirl

• Sr. Ranch Hand
OK folks - I spoke to Jenny - here is the 411 - we are meeting at Park Bar, 15th Street between Union Square West and 5th Avenue, around 6 pm.  We'll be there for awhile so feel free to drop by after 6 if you don't get off work until then!

For the NY Brokies that have not met me, I will be wearing a short sleeve black button down shirt and jeans.  Since I still have "plnae head" from the flight back from Rome, I have my hair back in a ponytail and have big hoop earrings on for easy identification. 

Amy
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 06:40:25 pm by amy7769 »