Author Topic: A Love Born From Steel - Ongoing Discussion  (Read 298838 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: A Love Born From Steel: New Chapter Posted
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2006, 04:40:31 pm »
Yay! I'll be reading it tonight!  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: A Love Born From Steel
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2006, 05:36:49 pm »
From chapter 8: "Three weeks, fifteen gallons of paint, five gallons of primer, forty sheets of sandpaper, three dozen dust masks, one case of caulk, five paintbrushes, and six skinned knuckles later, they finished painting the house. "

Leslie, did you actually go to HomeDepo to check how much paint, primer, brushe, etc it takes to paint a house?  LOL
My home improvement related knowledge is zero, so I will take whatever you say.  :)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2006, 07:16:53 pm »
Another great chapter!

I was a little bit surprised that Ennis took Jack’s confession on others guys Jack had been with so well.  In my mind, Ennis always felt very possessive on Jack being his Jack.  It would be hard for Ennis to swallow the fact that Jack has been with other guys, even if it was before their reunion.  Ration aside, since Ennis had no ground to blame Jack being with other guys before their reunion, I thought Ennis would be more hurt to know the truth. 

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2006, 07:54:51 pm »
From chapter 8: "Three weeks, fifteen gallons of paint, five gallons of primer, forty sheets of sandpaper, three dozen dust masks, one case of caulk, five paintbrushes, and six skinned knuckles later, they finished painting the house. "

Leslie, did you actually go to HomeDepo to check how much paint, primer, brushe, etc it takes to paint a house?  LOL
My home improvement related knowledge is zero, so I will take whatever you say.  :)

I didn't go to Home Depot, but my husband is a handy guy...we figured out the dimensions of the house and then figured out what would be needed. This may not be 100% correct, but it's in the ballpark.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 08:25:29 pm by lnicoll »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2006, 07:56:05 pm »
Another great chapter!

I was a little bit surprised that Ennis took Jack’s confession on others guys Jack had been with so well.  In my mind, Ennis always felt very possessive on Jack being his Jack.  It would be hard for Ennis to swallow the fact that Jack has been with other guys, even if it was before their reunion.  Ration aside, since Ennis had no ground to blame Jack being with other guys before their reunion, I thought Ennis would be more hurt to know the truth. 

Ennis asked, so he knew there was a risk of finding out the info...plus, I think it goes along with the emotional maturity that Jack has been noticing.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2006, 08:08:55 pm »
Just FYI

I couldn’t post review on fanfiction.com.  Can still read the story, but the submit review page won’t load.  This could be why you have not received any notification.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2006, 08:26:41 pm »
Just FYI

I couldn’t post review on fanfiction.com.  Can still read the story, but the submit review page won’t load.  This could be why you have not received any notification.

Actually, there notification alert system went down for 2 days but now it is back up. Not sure why you couldn't submit a review tho. Maybe try again? You could be number 100.  :)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2006, 12:03:29 am »
I'm off to find out if dogwood grows in Texas, like it does in Alabama...bye!

I thought Ennis finding out about the other guys was O.K., With possession, one
loses a little possiveness, no?
l just sent my Canadian friend ALL my scans...I don't expoect to hear from him for a long time...

STOP ME BEFORE I MAKE MORE INSANE...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2006, 10:43:58 am »
The latest...I received an email from a young woman in Germany who wants to translate my story into German and post it on a German fanfic site. She has promised to send me a copy of the story, the link to the fanfic, and will translate (into English) any posted reviews that are writen.

Does this mean I've arrived? LOL

Here's the title in German:

Eine Liebe, entstanden durch Stahl

Leslie
MaineWriter
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 03:30:09 pm by lnicoll »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
The latest: German
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2006, 10:45:26 am »
The latest...I received an email from a young woman in Germany who wants to translate my story into German and post it on a German fanfic site. She has promised to send me a copy of the story, the link to the fanfic, and will translate (into English) any posted reviews that are writen.

Does this mean I've arrived? LOL

Here's the title in German:

Eine Liebe, entstanden durch Stahl

Leslie
MaineWriter
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 03:29:24 pm by lnicoll »