Author Topic: Remarkable Blog Posts  (Read 10092 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Remarkable Blog Posts
« on: December 25, 2008, 06:08:10 pm »
Another fact of life here at BetterMost is that it is virtually impossible to stay up-to-date on all of the blogs here - at least and stay employed at the same time...  ::)

So I would like to introduce this new thread - Remarkable Blog Posts - where any member can post about a blog entry they found particularly interesting that other readers may have missed.  Just post a link to the blog entry (PM any moderator if you need help with this) and a short description of why you thought it was good.

This way, when you don't have time to read everything, or when you feel so guilty about not reading everything that you don't read anything, you can select a few posts that others have highlighted as being of particular note.

The Admin Team plans to feature some of the Remarkable Blog Posts on the forum banner as space allows and if the blog owner agrees.

I will get us started with my recommendation for a Remarkable Blog Post by FrontRanger!

Thanks,
Lynne

In her blog Musings From the Mountaintop, FriendLee has a thread entitled Do One Thing Every Week That Scares You.  Beginning with the first post, she seeks to apply the famous quote from Eleanor Roosevelt, "Do one thing every day that scares you," to her own life.

In the course of this thread so far, Lee chronicles an adventure she had while hiking alone in the mountains.  Lee has a real gift for descriptive writing - you feel like you're taking the journey with her.

Also, I find this philosophy fascinating because I see an inherent value in applying such an approach in my own life.  In my experience, whenever I extend myself into an area where my discomfort level is high, after I get through it, usually with a great deal of hand-wringing and hair-pulling angst, I seem to have established a new comfort threshold.  In this way, the next time a similar situation arises, it is not nearly as uncomfortable as the last time.  This seems to me to be a useful tool that can be employed to build courage in small manageable steps.

In addition to reading, Lee invites others to try it out for themselves and post about their experiences!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: Remarkable Blog Posts
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 10:38:44 pm »

At the risk of appearing to be a shameless self-promoter, how about putting something like this on the banner, some time early in the new year.

Are you sick to death of the cold and the snow? If so, take off your thermal socks and roll-up your trouser legs and get prepared to do some serious paddling with Kerry, as he takes a sunny, seaside, nostalgic walk down memory lane.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 10:40:58 pm »
At the risk of appearing to be a shameless self-promoter, how about putting something like this on the banner, some time early in the new year.

Are you sick to death of the cold and the snow? If so, take off your thermal socks and roll-up your trouser legs and get prepared to do some serious paddling with Kerry, as he takes a sunny, seaside, nostalgic walk down memory lane.

HA!  Shows what you know, my Friend!  You can't be a shameless promoter because I already have you in my sights!   :-* :-*

Thanks for the copy, though!  I'll use it shamelessly!

That is a terrific thread!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 12:26:36 am »

{{{ Lynne }}}
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 02:29:32 am »
Here's another blog post in the spirit of Congratulations to a BetterMost Resident:

from Eric's blog (sfercsf):  (http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,8520.msg457800.html#msg457800)

I am a DJ now on Live 365 and I have my own station:     :D

http://www.live365.com/stations/djboy90?site=live365

House/Techno/Rave/Dance music from the '90's. I'll feature a different year of music each month, which means that the playlist will change monthly! The station title will always tell you what year you are listening to. Hope you enjoy!

Go Eric! Go Eric!

"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 02:44:53 am »
YAY Eric!!! We have a celebrity in our midst!!

Way to go Eric!! :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.