Author Topic: Most Annoying Travel Habits  (Read 50532 times)

injest

Re: Most Annoying Travel Habits
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2009, 11:50:24 am »
ok we do all our traveling by car...here is MY pet peeve.

People that won't stop. You know SOME people need to use the bathroom every now and again! My husband has a bladder the size of a watermelon, apparently.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2009, 11:56:02 am »
9quoted)By federal law all public swimming pools and hot tubs must shut down after Friday if they don't have new, safer, drain covers installed.

The new requirements involve what are known as "anti-drowning covers" that are designed to keep people from getting sucked onto drains and held under water. "It's kind of putting the cart before the horse."

Incredible!  We had a swimming pool when I was a kid, and my mom was always warning us to stay away from the drain. It must have been effective -- as I recall, I thought of the drain as kind of like that giant squid in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea living at the bottom of the deep end.

But what's incredible is that legislation about this is going on just now -- I'm talking about 50 years ago! 

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2009, 12:12:17 pm »
This isn't an annoyance, but a fun anecdote I wanted to share.  Once when travellng with a friend, we picked up some hippie hitchhiker types...three guys and two dogs and a guitar.  It was a fun ride.  Although their personal hygiene could have been better, they gifted me with a cardboard sign adorned with a dried flower that read "Go to Heaven".  Every time I see it in my rearview mirror, it makes me smile.

As a rule I doubt I would pick up hitchhikers if I were alone; sadly, it is not always safe to be kind.  However, I have no regrets because this generated a week minimum of positive energy in my life.

:D
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2009, 06:16:28 pm »
I was waiting for a flight last week (and every week since Jan 1, by the by!) when a man removed his flip flops and proceded to clip his toe nails right there in the lounge area. It was obvious to me that others were as deeply annoyed as I was.

It causes me to wonder 'do people like that simply have no clue or are they just utterly inconsiderate?'

UGH......*vomit vomit*......people like that are just oblivious to to life around them, and are just plain dirty.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2009, 07:19:37 pm »
true enough. You could tell that everyone in the boarding area was praying this pig was not sitting next to them.  :P

look at it this way, he probably stank less with the toe nails clipped, than unclipped. I always travel with antibacterial towelletes to wipe down surfaces. I would have probably forced a smile : offered him some of my towellets, a Listerine slip for the undoubted toxic breath, and a cup of coffee so he would eventually get up and go pee.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2009, 01:34:08 am »

There are certain vacuous individuals who deliberately go out of their way to provoke an adverse reaction from others. That's their aim. It's how they get their jollies. They want to see you react with disgust. In my experience, the best way to confront such morons is to simply ignore them. If they're getting no reaction from you, they'll soon tire of you and go looking for new sport elsewhere.  :-\
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2009, 07:13:58 pm »
I was waiting for a flight last week (and every week since Jan 1, by the by!) when a man removed his flip flops and proceded to clip his toe nails right there in the lounge area. It was obvious to me that others were as deeply annoyed as I was.

It causes me to wonder 'do people like that simply have no clue or are they just utterly inconsiderate?'

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh my.....that's a first, but I'm not shocked by it.

I remember one time I was AT WORK in the bank, and needed to see one of the lenders.  His office door was opened, so I walked in. 

I stepped into his office to find his bare feet on his desk, and he was clipping and cleaning his toenails.

:o

I gave him his paperwork, and walked out as quickly as I could.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2009, 07:42:17 pm »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh my.....that's a first, but I'm not shocked by it.

I remember one time I was AT WORK in the bank, and needed to see one of the lenders.  His office door was opened, so I walked in. 

I stepped into his office to find his bare feet on his desk, and he was clipping and cleaning his toenails.

:o

I gave him his paperwork, and walked out as quickly as I could.

I would have had a difficult time erasing that vision from my mind. Did you manage to keep your dinner down that night? :P

People are a TRIP, aren't they?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2009, 08:01:54 pm »
I would have had a difficult time erasing that vision from my mind. Did you manage to keep your dinner down that night? :P

What's so nauseating about clipping one's toenails?

Now, if he'd been chewing his toenails. ...  :P  :-X
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2009, 08:41:16 pm »
Off topic a bit, but when I worked as a clinical chemist, I was running the diabetic clinic one afternoon. The next patient blew his nose into his hand and then offered me the same hand to do the thumb prick on. GROSS I could not conceal my disgust and gave him several antiseptic wipes.

Actually I could start a whole thread on the gross things in hospital life.!!!

The poll, all annoy me, but seat recliners are the limit. I normally slide down in my seat and shove my knees into their back.If that does not work I slam the table up and down.Most normally get the drift.