Author Topic: New Year's Eve Party Thread - Everyone Is Invited!  (Read 165601 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
New Year's Eve Party Thread - Everyone Is Invited!
« on: December 31, 2008, 10:57:02 pm »
Hey everyone! Let's have our party here in this thread. I will be checking here between 11 and 11:30 pm eastern time.

If anyone wants to get it started earlier, that is fine! Let's get ready to PARTAY!!!! :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: New Year's Eve Party Thread - Everyone Is Invited!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 11:19:40 pm »
hey, can I come in and join the party?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 11:20:01 pm »
Since it is New Year's Eve, I thought I'd start off with a ghost story. A true one!! Well, they said it was true.

Jess, close your eyes!

I went to Washington D.C. on a four day trip with my 8th grade history class back in 1976 during spring vacation. Lot's of people don't know it but Washington D.C. is one of the most haunted cities in the world. Nearly every building is haunted, including the U.S. Capitol.

While we were touring the Capitol, one of the stops on the tour was Statuary Hall. Our tour guide told us a SCARY story about the statues in that huge room. According to legend, every New Year's Eve at the stroke of midnight, the statues will come down OFF their pedestals and dance a ghostly waltz. Many people claim to have seen it happen.

Isn't that scary?!! It scared me when I heard it and it still scares me now! I wonder if the statues will dance tonight? Many people say they will. It happens every year. That's what they tell us anyhow....

injest

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 11:30:55 pm »
Since it is New Year's Eve, I thought I'd start off with a ghost story. A true one!! Well, they said it was true.

Jess, close your eyes!

I went to Washington D.C. on a four day trip with my 8th grade history class back in 1976 during spring vacation. Lot's of people don't know it but Washington D.C. is one of the most haunted cities in the world. Nearly every building is haunted, including the U.S. Capitol.

While we were touring the Capitol, one of the stops on the tour was Statuary Hall. Our tour guide told us a SCARY story about the statues in that huge room. According to legend, every New Year's Eve at the stroke of midnight, the statues will come down OFF their pedestals and dance a ghostly waltz. Many people claim to have seen it happen.

Isn't that scary?!! It scared me when I heard it and it still scares me now! I wonder if the statues will dance tonight? Many people say they will. It happens every year. That's what they tell us anyhow....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

DAVID!!!

injest

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 11:32:08 pm »
I brought some champagne!!

injest

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 11:36:29 pm »
oh LOOK!!!! someone brought noisemakers!!!

(like WE need any help making noise!!)

injest

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 11:38:01 pm »
now look. Who picked out the paper plates?!  >:( >:(

I am NOT drinking champagne outta Bratz paper cup!

injest

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 11:45:34 pm »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! what a spread!

injest

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 11:46:56 pm »
uh....

were we supposed to come in costume??

who are THESE people??!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 12:08:37 am »
Hey Jess!! :D

It's almost 2009! In less than an hour. (You'll have to wait a little longer!)  ;)

Who ARE those people?!! It looks like a resurrected mummy and an Egyptian queen! I hope they are friendly!