Author Topic: New Year's Eve Party Thread - Everyone Is Invited!  (Read 165626 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: New Year's Eve Party Thread - Everyone Is Invited!
« Reply #150 on: January 01, 2009, 02:14:29 am »
I popped in to have a quick drink. My sons girlfriend is staying the night so I am sleeping on the sofa between the 2 rooms to stop any funny stuff.

A very happy 2009 to everyone. Poor Mandy has been sick in bed for 2 days now so she is having a rough time/ Well had my large vodka and tonic, thanks for the hospitality. I hear room movement so I am off on patrol again.This is very hard typing in yhe pitch black

Hope no ones hangover is too bad in the morning.

Happy New Year Fiona!!! :-* :-*

Thanks so much for coming in and saying hey to us! And lots and lots of hugs and kisses for Mandy! I hope she feels better very soon!

(((FIONA))))

((((MANDY)))))

Please wish your family a Happy New Year for me Fiona!! I wish you and yours all the best in 2009! Thanks for being such a wonderful Bettermostian! :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #151 on: January 01, 2009, 02:14:59 am »
I always loved American Bandstand.

And Soul Train! Remember Soul Train? I don't think  Dick Clark ever was on that one! :laugh:

Hey you know they show the old Soul Trains on WGN from Chicago which is on most cable TV stations. It is great. They are like from the early 80s or maybe even late 70s. I always loved the line dance. Remember that?

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #152 on: January 01, 2009, 02:18:57 am »
It's got a good beat, but it's hard to dance too.........wasn't that what they used to say on american bandstand or soul train

injest

« Reply #153 on: January 01, 2009, 02:19:44 am »
It's got a good beat, but it's hard to dance too.........wasn't that what they used to say on american bandstand or soul train

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yep!

injest

« Reply #154 on: January 01, 2009, 02:22:40 am »
ok David!! you were talking about ghost stories earlier....I am sitting here with CryBaby and something under my desk GROWLED!!! and I am not imagining it...CryBaby is freaked out too and ran in the bedroom and then ran back and now he is crouching on the floor staring under my desk!!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #155 on: January 01, 2009, 02:22:42 am »
Hey you know they show the old Soul Trains on WGN from Chicago which is on most cable TV stations. It is great. They are like from the early 80s or maybe even late 70s. I always loved the line dance. Remember that?

I remember watching Soul Train from way back when I was little. I didn't know WGN was airing the repeats. I'll tune in and take a look! Thanks Jack! :-*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #156 on: January 01, 2009, 02:25:10 am »
ok David!! you were talking about ghost stories earlier....I am sitting here with CryBaby and something under my desk GROWLED!!! and I am not imagining it...CryBaby is freaked out too and ran in the bedroom and then ran back and now he is crouching on the floor staring under my desk!!!

:laugh: :laugh:

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Jess. Didn't mean to laugh. Did you figure out what it was? Maybe you have a mouse under there? Do you think? I didn't mean to scare you earlier with my Statuary Hall story!

(((JESS))))

Happy New Year Sweetie!! :-*

Maybe it was the "New Year Fairy". I've heard she growls sometimes. ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #157 on: January 01, 2009, 02:29:39 am »

What is hard to dance to? I can't find the reference! :P

Just feel the beat on 2 and 4, and you can dance to ANYTHING! :D

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #158 on: January 01, 2009, 02:30:23 am »
Here's a Soul Train line dance I found:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs9ShspsnCI[/youtube]

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #159 on: January 01, 2009, 02:32:19 am »
:laugh: :laugh:

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Jess. Didn't mean to laugh. Did you figure out what it was? Maybe you have a mouse under there? Do you think? I didn't mean to scare you earlier with my Statuary Hall story!

(((JESS))))

Happy New Year Sweetie!! :-*

Maybe it was the "New Year Fairy". I've heard she growls sometimes. ;)

I sent the New Year Fairy to your house Jess. It was her. She had a big supper  :laugh: