Author Topic: Would You Rather....? A Fun New Game by Jess!  (Read 76908 times)

injest

Would You Rather....? A Fun New Game by Jess!
« on: January 01, 2009, 02:26:22 pm »
That sounds fun--that could be our New Year's Day party game!  :)

OK!

now, David...if you would rather us not post this in here then you can just split it and move it, ok??!

I won't be upset!

here is a random question....

Would you rather have a wardrobe of only spandex and vinyl OR be required to wear orthopedic corrective shoes for all of your adult life??

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 03:04:53 pm »
Would you rather have a wardrobe of only spandex and vinyl OR be required to wear orthopedic corrective shoes for all of your adult life??

Spandex and vinyl--fine if you are ripped, but not too hot lookin' if you have any jelly! Hmmmm....not very warm during the winter time and not very cool during the summertime.

Well. I guess I'd miss tennis shoes. But the O/C shoes would be comfy, huh?

I pick O/C shoes. I could wear really long jeans or pants that would cover those up.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 03:18:15 pm »

Spandex and vinyl--fine if you are ripped, but not too hot lookin' if you have any jelly! Hmmmm....not very warm during the winter time and not very cool during the summertime.

Well. I guess I'd miss tennis shoes. But the O/C shoes would be comfy, huh?

I pick O/C shoes. I could wear really long jeans or pants that would cover those up.

I pick the shoes too. That spandex is NOT comfortable...and at my age I pick comfort over style any time!

injest

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 03:28:58 pm »
ok look...this game is seperated into categories....and one of them is "Appearance/embarrassment"..

so far out of five cards I have had three of the options actually happen.  >:( >:(

I tell you my life SUCKS...

"Would you rather: Put your arm up a cow's behind"

experienced on a regular basis...also a horse's more than once... :P :P

"Would you rather have a dog pee on your leg or a bird crap on you?

experienced BOTH of these!

If I find one where a horse has an orgasm all over your leg and shoe, I am throwing this game out... :P

(too much information?)

injest

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 03:37:37 pm »
would you rather?

be able to fly or be invisible??

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 03:40:40 pm »
would you rather?

People can go back and answer whichever questions they want to--right?

For this one---EASY!!!

FLY.

On the farm when I was little---I was always trying to concoct ways to fly/glide off the tops of outdoor buildings.  :o  :o

I tried them out; they never worked; I never got discouraged---just grew up and got other interests. LOL.  Plus--no broken bones!

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 03:42:59 pm »
People can go back and answer whichever questions they want to--right?

For this one---EASY!!!

FLY.

On the farm when I was little---I was always trying to concoct ways to fly/glide off the tops of outdoor buildings.  :o  :o

I tried them out; they never worked; I never got discouraged---just grew up and got other interests. LOL.  Plus--no broken bones!

really? see I think it would be cool to be invisible...IF I could choose when and where...

flying is cool though...I am not sure..this is a hard one for me!

(and yeah, anyone can jump in and answer any!)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 04:53:02 pm »
Tons of cards.
Each card has 5 categories.
Roll the dice.
Read that category--if you get 6, it's your choice.
You read an answer. Example:   MOVIE: The Day the Brunettes Took Over (all the answers are real movies or whatever....just obscure)
Everyone writes a one line synopsis of the movie--the reader writes the real synopsis which is on the back of the card.
Hand all to the reader.
After he reads everyone's -- all vote on the one they believe is real.
If someone votes for yours--you get to move up 1 for each vote you get.
If you vote for the real one--you get to move up 2 on the board.
You get it after one practice -- it was really fun for people who like words and writing. You have to be creative to get people to vote for yours! It takes a long time. I didn't win--I think I was 3rd out of 7. Not too bad for my first time to play. It would have been fun even if I came in last.  ;D

Categories--movies, laws, initials, people, and words.

That sounds like fun Shasta. I would like that game.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 04:53:48 pm »
I got a game for Christmas called Would You Rather? and it has all these questions...some are silly and some are serious..and you have to choose..

for example..

would you rather cheat and no one know it OR NOT cheat and everyone THINK you did?

it is pretty fun. I thought it would be fun to post some of the questions on here and let people answer...

I would like that game too Jess. Do you remember that game called Scruples

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 04:58:21 pm »

I believe I wouild pick the shoes. The spandex and vinyl reminds me of those stupid looking outfits that the bicyclists wear. Yes I know they wear them for a reason, but they still look stupid.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 05:01:17 pm »
would you rather?

I think I would rather be invisible, but as much as I like to travel being able to fly would come in handy. It would also save money and keep me off airplanes. I have little desire to fly right now because of what happened to that plane that was going from Denver to Houston.

However, I will stick with the being invisible. That sounds like more fun.

injest

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 05:45:04 pm »
would you rather?

I think I would rather be invisible, but as much as I like to travel being able to fly would come in handy. It would also save money and keep me off airplanes. I have little desire to fly right now because of what happened to that plane that was going from Denver to Houston.

did I miss something???

see, if you were invisible you could get away with all kinds of stuff!

injest

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 05:45:34 pm »

I believe I wouild pick the shoes. The spandex and vinyl reminds me of those stupid looking outfits that the bicyclists wear. Yes I know they wear them for a reason, but they still look stupid.

and very uncomfortable!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Would You Rather....? A Fun New Game by Jess!
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 02:11:26 am »
OK!

now, David...if you would rather us not post this in here then you can just split it and move it, ok??!

I won't be upset!

here is a random question....

You are all welcome to post anything you wish in my blogs!! And this game looks like lots of fun! So I split it so it will stand out and people will notice it. :)

Hopefully people will continue to come to this thread and play. :D Thanks for the good idea for a game Jess!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 02:18:32 am »
would you rather?

I'd much rather fly. I've always wished I could fly. I've had many dreams about it. Invisibility would be fun, but I think I would grow tired of it eventually. I'd never get tired of flying. :D

Offline ZK

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 05:34:20 am »
Well I pick the shoes for starters. Now to fly or be invisiable?? Thats a hard one. I am in the air 5 days a week for work anyway, being invisible could be fun - there have been many times I would like to have been a fly on the wall.....and the answer is...ta da. da daaaa.... I want to fly - is it a bird, is it a plane .no its Super Matt- I know cheesy as but I couldn't help myself ::) ::)

injest

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 07:59:52 am »
Well I pick the shoes for starters. Now to fly or be invisiable?? Thats a hard one. I am in the air 5 days a week for work anyway, being invisible could be fun - there have been many times I would like to have been a fly on the wall.....and the answer is...ta da. da daaaa.... I want to fly - is it a bird, is it a plane .no its Super Matt- I know cheesy as but I couldn't help myself ::) ::)

:laugh: :laugh:

well at least you get to do your choice as a job! that counts for something...although flying without the plane would definitely be a BIT different wouldn't it?!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 08:08:07 am »
I'd rather be invisible.

I'm scared of heights, so being able to fly wouldn't be of much use to me.

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

injest

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 08:12:34 am »
maybe you wouldn't be scared of heights if you could fly....I'm scared of heights cause I am scared of falling, if I could fly, I wouldnt' have to worry about it

(I still want to be invisible though.... ;D )

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 08:15:00 am »
maybe you wouldn't be scared of heights if you could fly....I'm scared of heights cause I am scared of falling, if I could fly, I wouldnt' have to worry about it

I've thought of that, but with me, I'm sure I'd still be scared.

I'd make a piss poor super hero.

Person:  "SuperChuck......help is needed 5 miles down the road.  Hurry!"

Me:  Ok!  *starts to walk*

Person:   "Ummmmm.....aren't you gonna fly?  It would be faster."

Me:  "Ummmm.....well...huh....hmmmmm.....it's so nice out, a stroll would be lovely!  I'm sure they'll be ok until I get there!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2009, 12:40:44 am »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Have you ever seen those comcast commercials with the turtles? I think their names are Bill and Carolyn Slowsky. They love everything slow and that's why they won't switch to Comcast high speed Internet.

Anyway.... when you said that, I pictured Bill Slowsky wearing a superhero cape, slowly creeping down the street towards an emergency yelling "I'm coming. I'm coming. I'll be there when I get there."

:laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2009, 12:43:55 am »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 12:45:21 am »
David's pickin' on me.

:'(

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline optom3

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 01:16:43 am »
Definitely the shoes. I was pigeon toed to about age 6 and had to wear special shoes, I survived. Spandex, no way !!!

Then definitely invisible, I am incurably nosy, that would  be my idea of real fun. Then again, I would have to be prepared to hear some maybe not so good stuff as well.

It would be nice to try it out for a while though. I always envied Harry P. and his invisibility cloak.I can think of all sorts of mischief I could indulge in.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 02:03:16 am »
Oh! There's a question about Spandex? I missed that one. I will go back and look.

I loved your answer about invisibility, Fiona. But I always envied Harry and the others because of their brooms. I'd love to have one of those brooms. :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2009, 02:07:02 am »

Corrective shoes do not sound fun at all. I could work with spandex. Accessorize and coordinate.

injest

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2009, 02:11:20 am »
Would you rather have itchy poison ivy on both of your feet OR have a birthmark covering half your face?

injest

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2009, 02:12:16 am »

Corrective shoes do not sound fun at all. I could work with spandex. Accessorize and coordinate.

brave man!! You are the only one so far that picked spandex!! (still got that slim figure huh?)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 02:14:50 am »
brave man!! You are the only one so far that picked spandex!! (still got that slim figure huh?)

I've managed to maintain my shape, but it's getting harder and harder every year. Sooner or later I'm going to say frig it. :P

When will you post the next question Jess?

injest

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009, 02:17:31 am »
Would you rather have Xray vision OR be able to read people's minds when you want to?

injest

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2009, 02:18:01 am »
I've managed to maintain my shape, but it's getting harder and harder every year. Sooner or later I'm going to say frig it. :P

When will you post the next question Jess?

I just posted two! look up the page!

:)

injest

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2009, 02:19:48 am »
Would you rather have itchy poison ivy on both of your feet OR have a birthmark covering half your face?

birthmark, absolutely....you could wear a veil, the itching would drive me nuts, can't handle stuff like that!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2009, 02:20:00 am »
I'd rather be able to read people's minds! I'm very nosy and I'm always wondering what others are thinking. Although I remember my mother telling me "if you're not sure whether or not you want to know the answer, don't ask."

injest

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2009, 02:20:32 am »
Would you rather have Xray vision OR be able to read people's minds when you want to?

read minds. I have the hardest time figuring people out...

horses and dogs are SO much easier...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2009, 02:26:00 am »

I didn't even see that one! ???

I'd rather have itchy poison ivy because that would only be temporary. Although it would be HELL for a few days.

Also! I'm Native American. I'm immune to poison ivy! ;)

Okay. That's not fair. Even if I WASN'T immune to it, I think I'd rather have it. It only lasts a few days. A birthmark would be permanent. Although, I've seen many people with birthmarks on their faces and they are quite attractive. And if the birthmark was especially big and noticeable, you could always cover it with makeup. But I'd rather suffer through the poison ivy, because it's only temporary. :)

injest

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2009, 02:29:37 am »

I didn't even see that one! ???

I'd rather have itchy poison ivy because that would only be temporary. Although it would be HELL for a few days.

Also! I'm Native American. I'm immune to poison ivy! ;)

Okay. That's not fair. Even if I WASN'T immune to it, I think I'd rather have it. It only lasts a few days. A birthmark would be permanent. Although, I've seen many people with birthmarks on their faces and they are quite attractive. And if the birthmark was especially big and noticeable, you could always cover it with makeup. But I'd rather suffer through the poison ivy, because it's only temporary. :)

hmmm...I didnt' think about the itchy being temporary....

can we change our answers?  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2009, 02:34:50 am »
Who ever heard of PERMANENT poison ivy?!! >:(

injest

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2009, 02:36:47 am »
Who ever heard of PERMANENT poison ivy?!! >:(

I SAAAAAIIID I didn't think about it... :P ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2009, 02:38:46 am »
Maybe you could change it and say "a permanent itchy foot disease :P :P or something like that?

Eww. That sounds nasty doesn't it? :P

injest

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2009, 02:43:34 am »
Maybe you could change it and say "a permanent itchy foot disease :P :P or something like that?

Eww. That sounds nasty doesn't it? :P

naw...that is what the card said so I am gonna stick with it... ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2009, 02:45:02 am »
Well, you posted two different questions, so they can pick and choose which ones to answer.

Offline optom3

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2009, 11:24:40 am »
Definitely poison Ivy, it is temporary. I am shy enough as it is without a permanant birth mark.

Read minds, although I would probably be in therapy for the rest of my life, having discovered what people really think of me !!!!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2009, 04:26:47 pm »
You are all welcome to post anything you wish in my blogs!! And this game looks like lots of fun! So I split it so it will stand out and people will notice it. :)

Hopefully people will continue to come to this thread and play. :D Thanks for the good idea for a game Jess!

I like this game better than those word games most people have up. I like word games like Scrabble, but I'm not good at those kind where you start a new word or whatever with the last letter of the previous word.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2009, 04:28:21 pm »

Are you a pilot or on a flight crew or something like that?

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2009, 04:34:25 pm »
I would go with the itchy poison ivy on the feet for sure. Like everyone says it is only a temporary thing. The birth mark would be permanent and you would need to make the rest of your face look like the birth mark.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2009, 04:35:55 pm »
I would pick reading people's minds. I often wonder what people are thinking and too often I read their thoughts wrong. However, you definitely would find out things that maybe you did not want to know.

injest

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2009, 08:46:54 pm »
Are you a pilot or on a flight crew or something like that?

Matt is a hot Aussie pilot!! He promised that if ever I decide to go to Australia, he will fly me and not let me get scared!

(ok he didn't actually promise that YET but he WILL!!)

injest

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2009, 08:47:54 pm »
I would pick reading people's minds. I often wonder what people are thinking and too often I read their thoughts wrong. However, you definitely would find out things that maybe you did not want to know.

but at least you would know...I would rather know up front than think something wrong.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2009, 09:02:01 pm »
Matt is a hot Aussie pilot!! He promised that if ever I decide to go to Australia, he will fly me and not let me get scared!

You shouldn't have told me that Jess.........I love Aussies and I love pilots  ;) Does that mean I get to go to Australia and get flown by Matt too  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2009, 09:11:29 pm »

Matt is a Kiwi! He lives in New Zealand. :)

You were close Jess. But close only counts in horseshoes. ;)

injest

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2009, 09:14:51 pm »

You were close Jess. But close only counts in horseshoes. ;)

New Zealand isnt' part of Australia?

(where is the blushing icon??!)

sorry, Matt!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2009, 09:20:04 pm »
Am I allowed to ask a question?

Would you rather spend the night locked inside an authentic haunted house completely alone (except for the ghosts!), without a cell phone or any other form of communication to the outside world....

or!

climb into an anti shark cage and spend 2 hours underwater with several dozen great white sharks! :P

injest

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2009, 09:20:55 pm »
sharks!!! SHARKS!!

I dont do ghosts...uh uh...

karen1129

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2009, 09:21:42 pm »
If the haunted house had no electricity..... I'll take the shark cage. ;D

I'm afraid of the dark.  :P

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2009, 11:45:25 pm »
I would rather go swimming with the sharks too, but I WOULDN'T like it. I've seen this before on tv. They will come up and ram the cage with their nose and that would really scare me.

But I don't think I could spend the night in a legitimate haunted house. And even if the doors were locked, I'd probably end up smashing through a window to get out. I'd dive right through it like the cowardly lion did when the Wizard of Oz yelled at him. :laugh:

injest

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2009, 11:54:32 pm »
I would rather go swimming with the sharks too, but I WOULDN'T like it. I've seen this before on tv. They will come up and ram the cage with their nose and that would really scare me.

But I don't think I could spend the night in a legitimate haunted house. And even if the doors were locked, I'd probably end up smashing through a window to get out. I'd dive right through it like the cowardly lion did when the Wizard of Oz yelled at him. :laugh:

love the cowardly lion!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2009, 01:47:14 am »
The haunted house.........I think that sounds like fun.......well maybe. I guess it would depend on the ghosts.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2009, 02:09:49 am »
If the haunted house had no electricity..... I'll take the shark cage. ;D

I'm afraid of the dark.  :P

Nope! No electricity Karen! The haunted house has been long abandoned and when the sun goes down it is dark in there.

So I'm assuming your answer about the sharks still stands! ;) :laugh:

karen1129

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2009, 02:12:43 am »
Nope! No electricity Karen! The haunted house has been long abandoned and when the sun goes down it is dark in there.

Well, could I have a candle, and take my dog? :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2009, 02:13:13 am »
The haunted house.........I think that sounds like fun.......well maybe. I guess it would depend on the ghosts.

The ghosts do not know you Jack. So they could be a mix of just about anything. And you are.....

totally..........

.............. alone!

So now what do you have to say about it? :laugh:

The sharks sound better and BETTER all the time, don't they! Unless they are 25 footers like in Jaws. :P

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2009, 02:15:12 am »
btw... I think sharks are cute! I'm probably the only person in the world who thinks it, and I would NEVER want to pet one. But they are cute. They have cute faces, until they open up their mouths, that is! :P

karen1129

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2009, 02:16:43 am »
Ghosts don't scare me.  It's the 'living' that do.  ;D

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2009, 02:19:07 am »

Well to be quite truthful I think the haunted house would be lots of fun if someone else was there with me. As much of a loner as I am, in this case I think it would be fun to have someone else there, have drinks, and have a good time while we waited for the ghosts.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2009, 02:20:57 am »

That is a priceless answer Karen  ;)

Offline ZK

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2009, 02:32:43 am »

Yay David you got it right mate

New Zealand isnt' part of Australia?

(where is the blushing icon??!)

sorry, Matt!!

Its okay Jess you don't ever have to say sorry to me ;)  quite a lot of people are under the same impression.  Without meaning to hijack the thread completely, I feel kind of obligated to give everyone a brief geography lesson:

New Zealand (Aotearoa - Land of the Long White Cloud) is the country in orange "on the left at the Top of the World"

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0G-c4QDMzU&feature=PlayList&p=FDE8ACE36AEE8668&playnext=1&index=21[/youtube]

Australian and NZ Societies and way of life are quite similar, however we are two separate countries (and wish to remain so) with a fair amount of sibling rivalry.

How to tell an Aussie and a kiwi apart when talking to them: Ask them to say Fish and chips  "feesh and cheeps," he or she is Australian, if on the other hand, they prefer "fush and chups," you are undoubtedly dealing with a New Zealander.

Okay lets clairify, if you ever go to either NZ or Australia I can't fly you (cause then you and me both would be really would be scared) but I will sit with you and hold your hand.... I promise  ;). Sooooooooo

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Ipn_faVpc&feature=related[/youtube]

You shouldn't have told me that Jess.........I love Aussies and I love pilots  ;) Does that mean I get to go to Australia and get flown by Matt too  :)

Sorry mate you need to fly a bit further south and I can't claim to be a pilot

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dlv2USQ9qw&feature=related[/youtube]

In answer to the question, I'd stay in the haunted house only if I could have these guys with me

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2009, 02:33:29 am »

So then, are you switching your answer Karen? Those sharks are VERY much alive!! ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2009, 02:36:12 am »
Okay, here's another one...

Would you rather jump out of an airplane at 10,000 feet with a parachute.....

or!

Dive off the Mexican cliffs and into the Pacific ocean at 100 feet without anything but your britches?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2009, 02:41:56 am »
Yay David you got it right mate

Jess threw that horse shoe and it landed out in the middle of the ocean! :laugh:

{{{{JESS}}}}

Thanks for posting the map Matt and the explanation! :D

As far as the haunted house part, those cute guys will NOT be there with you Matt! So....

what is your answer now? Swim with the sharks or suffer with the ghosties? ;)

Offline ZK

« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2009, 02:44:51 am »
Well Sharks all have sharp teeth so I still take the house and hope Caspers there

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2009, 02:50:19 am »
Well Sharks all have sharp teeth so I still take the house and hope Caspers there

Okay! That's your answer and you are sticking to it! :D

Now, what about the next question? The one about airplanes and cliffs? ???

;) ;)

Offline ZK

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2009, 06:12:19 am »

Okay! That's your answer and you are sticking to it! :D

Now, what about the next question? The one about airplanes and cliffs? ???

;) ;)

Parachute without hesitation, have never tried it but me and heights don't reallly go together, I know its a contradiction but thats me ;D

Offline ZK

« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2009, 06:25:26 am »
I like this game - thanks Jess!!!!

My turn: Would you rather walk through an old building where there were bats or walk down a track with the ground littered with holes where Tarantulas live!!!!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2009, 01:41:08 pm »

I agree with Matt. I still take the house too even if I am alone. And again I love old buildings and old houses so there would be plenty to explore. Casper could then be my guide  ;D

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2009, 01:43:26 pm »

or!

Dive off the Mexican cliffs and into the Pacific ocean at 100 feet without anything but your britches?

I take the jumping out an airplane at 10,000 feet with a working parachute. I have actually always thought that would be fun, but getting up the nerve to do it is another matter. I think the first step would be the hardest and after that I think it would be a great experience.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2009, 01:48:00 pm »
I like this game - thanks Jess!!!!

My turn: Would you rather walk through an old building where there were bats or walk down a track with the ground littered with holes where Tarantulas live!!!!

I take the walking through an old building where there are bats. As I already said I love old buildings, but I don't like bats. Oh well. I don't like Tarantulas either and the track doesn't sound very interesting.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2009, 02:28:52 pm »

Well this looks fun.   I would rather fly.  That would forgo the problems with travel these days. 
                                  I would take the  "haunted" house, I  dont believe in ghosts, and sharks are for sure real.  (and dangerous.)
                                  I have polycythemia, and have periodic bouts with the itching, its horribly nerve wracking, but spandex is very itchy too
                                  after you have worn it a while.  So I would take the itching.  Knowing it was only temporary.
                                  I would dive out of an airplane with a parachute, rather than the jump off the cliff.
                                  I would choose the ground with the tarantulas.  The bats are unpredictable.  The spiders are shy, so they stay away
                                  as much as possible.  We used to have a pet tarantula.

I think I may have gotten some of my either ors mixed up..  But I would love to be able to read minds...that would be cool

Heres a  new question.  Would you rather live to be two hundred years old, or stay a teen for forty years.

Beautiful mind

injest

« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2009, 03:26:14 pm »

or!

Dive...at least it would be over quicker! (I can't keep my top on??! ya'll don't LOOK!)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2009, 04:33:57 pm »
Dive...at least it would be over quicker! (I can't keep my top on??! ya'll don't LOOK!)

:o :o :o Is that a personal preference or something that just happens

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2009, 04:40:06 pm »

Heres a  new question.  Would you rather live to be two hundred years old, or stay a teen for forty years.

I am going to have to think about this one. Some of it would depend on what kind of life I would have as I got up in my hundreds and what year of teen I would be for forty years. I'm thinking being 19, 20 or 21 for forty years might not be a bad thing since it would give me the time to correct mistakes I made without having to get older to figure it out. Janice, this question is a hard one  :)

injest

« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2009, 05:20:36 pm »

live for two hundred years....being a kid is overrated I think.

Offline ZK

« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2009, 11:49:59 pm »

Okay bats are fine by me, I've walked down a track and HEARD the Tarantulas scurrying into their holes. Ugh it scared the heck out of me.

The spiders are shy, so they stay away as much as possible.  We used to have a pet tarantula.

Wow a pet Tarantula, did you let it out of its cage/box sometimes? Were you initially scared?

Okay I would choose a teenager as long as I could learn from my mistakes what do they say "if only I knew back then what I know now".......... Could be/would be heaps of fun  ;D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2009, 01:17:26 am »
injest
Wow a pet Tarantula, did you let it out of its cage/box sometimes? Were you initially scared?

haha  lol;  my husband can tell you.  We found it in the middle of a road, and my husband got out of the truck and put it in a coke cup.
Later he decided to open it and see if it was ok,, I jumped out of the truck so fast it made my head swim.  He was laughing his head off.  I was
screamin mine off.  "Put that damn thing back in that cup, if you want me back in there....."

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2009, 01:55:27 am »
I had a pet tarantula. Her name was Synergy. She could jump 10 feet, but she rarely did it. Once she escaped from her cage (I kept her in an aquarium) and she climbed into my cowboy boot and spun a web in it. She was very friendly. She bit me once when I first got her but it only felt like a bee sting.

Having said that, Matt, I would chose to walk around with the tarantulas. I'm not too crazy about bats. I don't hate them. I just don't really like them too much either.

Janice, I would rather live to be 200 years old. My teenage years were very rough and I wouldn't want to repeat them again for all the tea in China. And the thought of 40 years as a teen... ugh! :P

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2009, 03:33:08 am »
Would you rather have your deepest, darkest and most embarrassing personal secret (along with a picture of you) exposed on world wide TV for everyone to see and hear

or!

perform an absolutely humiliating 10 minute karaoke song in front of the Queen of England and the rest of the Royal family?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2009, 04:27:58 am »
I take the walking through an old building where there are bats. As I already said I love old buildings, but I don't like bats. Oh well. I don't like Tarantulas either and the track doesn't sound very interesting.

Jack!! Where are you? ???

You didn't log on tonight! Are you okay? I miss you, buddy! :-*

Offline optom3

« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2009, 10:11:18 am »
I have missed load of these now, so sorry for backtracking.
It would be sharks for me, scared of the dark and things that go bump in the night.

I would hate to be  a teenager for 40 years. My teen years were grim. I would want to be in reasonable health as a 200 year old though.I don't want to be sitting in a chair, dribbling, incontinent and babbling incoherently.

Jump off a cliff any day, I am scared silly about flying never mind jumping out the thing, no chance.

Bats and tarantulas, I will be honest and say, I could not do either. I hate both, so even if I was offered enormous wadges of cash I would not be able to do either. In fact I don't think I could even do it for the much wanted green card.!

Well maybe the tarantula thing, if I was covered from head to toe in in full fire fighting garb,an was very,very,very, drunk. No that would not work, if I was very drunk,I would be seeing double, so twice as many of the little critters.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2009, 01:26:37 am »
I have missed load of these now, so sorry for backtracking.

That's fine Fiona. No problem! :D

Did you see the most recent question? The one about karaoke?

Nobody seems to want to answer it. Maybe I shouldn't have asked it. :-\

I'd rather make a fool out of myself in front of the Royal Family. And why? Because I'd be hoping they'd toss me out of the place after just a couple of minutes and they'd erase the farce from their minds forever.

I really don't have any deep dark secrets. But I do have some embarrassing ones and I wouldn't want everyone in the world knowing all about them.

Offline optom3

« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2009, 11:23:23 am »
O.K David, just because you asked !!!!
  I would rather do the karaoke, if the Queen is anything like her mother was, she would probably have imbibed so many G&T's she would not remember and it would allow Prince Phillip to be rude, in a politically correct manner for once, instead of making the most awful gaffes, eg  the infamous slitty eyed Chinese remark. In fact the more I think about it, how could I be more embarrasing than the Royals. Charles and the squidgy/tampon tapes, and his and Dianas affairs.Sarah and the toe sucking,Andrew and, well moving on. Margaret and her slight hic drinking problem. I reckon I would fit right in there.

My secrets will, I hope go to the grave with me !!! Oh no, I forgot, I confessed most of them on Bettermost !!!!

So next dilemma, which is the classic  Lose your sight or lose your hearing.

Strangely enough for an Optometrist I would rather lose my sight !!!!   I could not live without music.

Your turn now !

Offline ZK

« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2009, 11:40:07 am »
Sorry my secrets are going with me to to a counsellor or to my grave so it would have to be ten minutes of karaoke , not that I'd have an audience after the first two minutes. The Queen would probably say it was a wonderful performance anyway.

Sight or hearing, Can't be without my music which if I am by myself is always loud, whether it be Kate Bush or the 1812 ;D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2009, 11:48:16 am »

My secrets are going to stay just that, and if I were to sing for the Royals, they would be the ones suffering, not me.  lol

Beautiful mind

Offline optom3

« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2009, 06:19:23 pm »
Sorry my secrets are going with me to to a counsellor or to my grave so it would have to be ten minutes of karaoke , not that I'd have an audience after the first two minutes. The Queen would probably say it was a wonderful performance anyway.

Sight or hearing, Can't be without my music which if I am by myself is always loud, whether it be Kate Bush or the 1812 ;D

Love wuthering heights, and 1812,
 not forgetting Led Zep, Bon Jovi,madame butterfly,robbie williams,ac/dc, tracy chapman,queen,u2,cold play,bowie, KirstyMcColl,Enya,Inxs, Oh you get the picture, anything and everything.Loud and on either the surround sound or MP3 player !!!!
One of my greatest joys in Florida, is sitting outside, listening to the outdoor speakers all year round.

Offline ZK

« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2009, 06:27:30 pm »
I
Oh you get the picture, anything and everything.Loud and on either the surround sound or MP3 player !!!!

I went back to my house the other day to clean up the garden etc, I had the volume turned up sooo loud the Xmas decortions fell off stereo speaker  :o Yep the neighbours knew I was back

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2009, 07:00:30 pm »
  I would rather do the karaoke, if the Queen is anything like her mother was, she would probably have imbibed so many G&T's she would not remember and it would allow Prince Phillip to be rude, in a politically correct manner for once, instead of making the most awful gaffes, eg  the infamous slitty eyed Chinese remark. In fact the more I think about it, how could I be more embarrasing than the Royals. Charles and the squidgy/tampon tapes, and his and Dianas affairs.Sarah and the toe sucking,Andrew and, well moving on. Margaret and her slight hic drinking problem. I reckon I would fit right in there.

My secrets will, I hope go to the grave with me !!! Oh no, I forgot, I confessed most of them on Bettermost !!!!

Strangely enough for an Optometrist I would rather lose my sight !!!!   I could not live without music.

Your turn now !

I love your new avatar Fiona! It's nice to see your smiling face up there. You're lovely. :)

As far as your question is concerned, as much as I love music, I think I'd rather be deaf. The thought of being in the dark (so to speak) and not knowing where I am, or what is in front of me would terrify me.

I had a deaf friend named Ernie, and he often went to the bar with me. He once explained to me he could still enjoy music because he could feel the vibrations. It certainly isn't the same thing as actually hearing music though. I should also add that Ernie was an excellent dancer. :)

But the idea of not being able to see really terrifies me.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2009, 07:12:51 pm »
Just slipping in quick to say: I always misread this thread title as "Who would you rather....?"    :laugh:

Offline optom3

« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2009, 12:57:56 am »
I love your new avatar Fiona! It's nice to see your smiling face up there. You're lovely. :)

As far as your question is concerned, as much as I love music, I think I'd rather be deaf. The thought of being in the dark (so to speak) and not knowing where I am, or what is in front of me would terrify me.

I had a deaf friend named Ernie, and he often went to the bar with me. He once explained to me he could still enjoy music because he could feel the vibrations. It certainly isn't the same thing as actually hearing music though. I should also add that Ernie was an excellent dancer. :)

But the idea of not being able to see really terrifies me.

Thanks for the lovely complement, I am blushing now !!!  It was taken at the BBM meet we had here.I was very happy as you can see !

I guess one of the reasons going blind does not terrify me, not that I would like it, is I have seen how well people can adapt.They get talking books, gauges for cups so they know when they are full, large braille nos. on telephones,ovens etc,all sorts of gadgets to soften some of the blow.I would hardly say it is easy,I just think I would cope with it easier than no music, or hearing loved ones voices.

Interestingly, when people do lose their sight, they go through the same 7 stages of grief that you do with the deaf of a loved one.Ending with realistic acceptance.There sense of smell and hearing increases too.

Two of my favourite things are reading, so I would get talking books and music, playing piano, which I could do by feel, and listening to it which I could still do. It does mean I would never have seen BBM, Hmmm that's something I had not thought of. No Heath visuals, ah well I would still have that divine voice of his to listen to.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2009, 01:44:47 am »
Now I'm wondering if I should switch my answer. :-\

;) ;)

Actually this little conversation may have done me some good though, because I would love to improve my ASL. When I was growing up our neighbors across the street had a deaf son and daughter. Everyone in the family knew how to sign. Scott, the deaf son taught me the alphabet. Later my friend Ernie taught me some other signs. But I've always wished to be much more fluent in the language. Now I'm thinking about taking some classes in it! :D

injest

« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2009, 01:52:32 am »
Would you rather have your deepest, darkest and most embarrassing personal secret (along with a picture of you) exposed on world wide TV for everyone to see and hear

or!

perform an absolutely humiliating 10 minute karaoke song in front of the Queen of England and the rest of the Royal family?

I would do the karaoke...at least it would be over quick and when would I ever see the Queen of England again?

injest

« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2009, 01:53:20 am »

Strangely enough for an Optometrist I would rather lose my sight !!!!   I could not live without music.

Your turn now !

hearing! definitely!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2009, 02:07:54 am »
Just slipping in quick to say: I always misread this thread title as "Who would you rather....?"    :laugh:

Laura!! Come on in and play the game with us! It's fun! :D

Offline ZK

« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2009, 03:50:22 am »
I would do the karaoke...at least it would be over quick and when would I ever see the Queen of England again?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2009, 04:10:19 am »
Think I would rather do the karaoke  ;D  I'll never see the Queen and her clan again so what the hell.

I would rather lose my sight.

Welcome to the game Scott! :-*

I still think I'd rather be deaf. I guess it's the idea of living in the dark and not being aware of my surroundings. It seems very scary to me.

injest

« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2009, 08:12:28 am »
Welcome to the game Scott! :-*

I still think I'd rather be deaf. I guess it's the idea of living in the dark and not being aware of my surroundings. It seems very scary to me.

yeah, plus I live with three guys that like to make me squeal...they would always be SNEAKING up on me...I would never be able to relax!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2009, 01:25:57 am »
Your doctor has just precribed you some new medicine. This new medicine is available in two forms - pills or syrup.

Would you rather take your new medicine in a yucky, nasty, wicked tasting syrup?

Or!

Would you rather take it in the form of a large uncrushable horse pill?

Offline ZK

« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2009, 01:31:31 am »
Thats really no option at all David. I loathe both however I will settle for the syrup and wash the taste away maybe with Sauvignon Blanc or something!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2009, 01:41:48 am »
Thats really no option at all David. I loathe both however I will settle for the syrup and wash the taste away maybe with Sauvignon Blanc or something!!

:-\  :-\

I'd rather have the pill. I have no problems swallowing pills, even those big old horse pills. I hate medicine in syrup form. It has a wicked taste, even when they try to disguise it with that cherry or peppermint flavoring. It never works. I can still taste the wickedness. And I can never get that awful taste out of my mouth, no matter how much water, or coke, or Sauvingnon Blanc I chase it with. :P

injest

« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2009, 02:08:49 am »
definitely the liquid...I would get choked on the pill. *shudder*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2009, 02:41:42 am »
definitely the liquid...I would get choked on the pill. *shudder*

Blechh! :P

That syrup is nasty tasting! :P

It always has a nasty undertaste and only time can get rid of it...at least for me.

injest

« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2009, 02:44:57 am »
Blechh! :P

That syrup is nasty tasting! :P

It always has a nasty undertaste and only time can get rid of it...at least for me.

that is better than getting the Heimlich maneuver!

Offline ZK

« Reply #108 on: January 11, 2009, 02:35:21 am »

injest

« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2009, 10:51:03 am »
hmmm...now here is a hard one...

as a cop, would you rather let an innocent person die so you can catch a serial killer OR save the innocent person and let the serial killer get away?

injest

« Reply #110 on: January 11, 2009, 10:53:25 am »
MY first reaction (and the one I would do) is save the innocent person but thinking about it...isn't it better for one to die to save more? the needs of the many?

but I think the guilt would be too much....I couldn't do it..

and you have no way of knowing really that you have saved the many; the serial killer could die of a heart attack or get hit by a bus or something before he committed another crime.

Offline optom3

« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2009, 02:57:39 pm »
That is the most terrible dilemma. Is the sacrifice of one life, justified by the saving of more.
 The other problem is, age would paly a role for me. If the death was that of an elderly, person in poor health,I would go with the loss of one for the greater good. If it was a child I would swing in the opposite direction.

It is a very clever question, but for me impossible to answer. I am going to abstain from this one !

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2009, 01:29:14 am »
I've thought about it and thought about it, and I don't have an answer.

I think if I had to choose, I would probably save the individual and try to catch the serial killer later. Why? Because I figure if I saw the killer, I probably got a pretty good look at him. Later, I could go through the police files on the Internet and find his mug shot. If he (or she) is a serial killer, they have probably been arrested before for petty crimes. And their finger prints are probably on file too. Once I find the killers picture, I can find out the name and the address. Then after all of that, I can hopefully catch him or her. I would work very fast and hope I nap the killer before they have a chance to hurt anyone else.

In the meantime a life has been saved.

Also, I tend to react to what is in front of me. If I see a suffering person, my mind would be trained on helping that person and nothing else. I can't stand to see anyone suffer. The possibility of a serial killer killing someone at a later time would be very abstract to me. The person in front of me would be very real and my instincts would force me to help that person.

injest

« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2009, 01:31:57 am »
I've thought about it and thought about it, and I don't have an answer.

I think if I had to choose, I would probably save the individual and try to catch the serial killer later. Why? Because I figure if I saw the killer, I probably got a pretty good look at him. Later, I could go through the police files on the Internet and find his mug shot. If he (or she) is a serial killer, they have probably been arrested before for petty crimes. And their finger prints are probably on file too. Once I find the killers picture, I can find out the name and the address. Then after all of that, I can hopefully catch him or her. I would work very fast and hope I nap the killer before they have a chance to hurt anyone else.

In the meantime a life has been saved.

very logical!!