Author Topic: Would You Rather....? A Fun New Game by Jess!  (Read 76361 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Would You Rather....? A Fun New Game by Jess!
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2009, 06:19:23 pm »
Sorry my secrets are going with me to to a counsellor or to my grave so it would have to be ten minutes of karaoke , not that I'd have an audience after the first two minutes. The Queen would probably say it was a wonderful performance anyway.

Sight or hearing, Can't be without my music which if I am by myself is always loud, whether it be Kate Bush or the 1812 ;D

Love wuthering heights, and 1812,
 not forgetting Led Zep, Bon Jovi,madame butterfly,robbie williams,ac/dc, tracy chapman,queen,u2,cold play,bowie, KirstyMcColl,Enya,Inxs, Oh you get the picture, anything and everything.Loud and on either the surround sound or MP3 player !!!!
One of my greatest joys in Florida, is sitting outside, listening to the outdoor speakers all year round.

Offline ZK

« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2009, 06:27:30 pm »
I
Oh you get the picture, anything and everything.Loud and on either the surround sound or MP3 player !!!!

I went back to my house the other day to clean up the garden etc, I had the volume turned up sooo loud the Xmas decortions fell off stereo speaker  :o Yep the neighbours knew I was back

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2009, 07:00:30 pm »
O.K David, just because you asked !!!!
  I would rather do the karaoke, if the Queen is anything like her mother was, she would probably have imbibed so many G&T's she would not remember and it would allow Prince Phillip to be rude, in a politically correct manner for once, instead of making the most awful gaffes, eg  the infamous slitty eyed Chinese remark. In fact the more I think about it, how could I be more embarrasing than the Royals. Charles and the squidgy/tampon tapes, and his and Dianas affairs.Sarah and the toe sucking,Andrew and, well moving on. Margaret and her slight hic drinking problem. I reckon I would fit right in there.

My secrets will, I hope go to the grave with me !!! Oh no, I forgot, I confessed most of them on Bettermost !!!!

So next dilemma, which is the classic  Lose your sight or lose your hearing.

Strangely enough for an Optometrist I would rather lose my sight !!!!   I could not live without music.

Your turn now !

I love your new avatar Fiona! It's nice to see your smiling face up there. You're lovely. :)

As far as your question is concerned, as much as I love music, I think I'd rather be deaf. The thought of being in the dark (so to speak) and not knowing where I am, or what is in front of me would terrify me.

I had a deaf friend named Ernie, and he often went to the bar with me. He once explained to me he could still enjoy music because he could feel the vibrations. It certainly isn't the same thing as actually hearing music though. I should also add that Ernie was an excellent dancer. :)

But the idea of not being able to see really terrifies me.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2009, 07:12:51 pm »
Just slipping in quick to say: I always misread this thread title as "Who would you rather....?"    :laugh:

Offline optom3

« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2009, 12:57:56 am »
I love your new avatar Fiona! It's nice to see your smiling face up there. You're lovely. :)

As far as your question is concerned, as much as I love music, I think I'd rather be deaf. The thought of being in the dark (so to speak) and not knowing where I am, or what is in front of me would terrify me.

I had a deaf friend named Ernie, and he often went to the bar with me. He once explained to me he could still enjoy music because he could feel the vibrations. It certainly isn't the same thing as actually hearing music though. I should also add that Ernie was an excellent dancer. :)

But the idea of not being able to see really terrifies me.

Thanks for the lovely complement, I am blushing now !!!  It was taken at the BBM meet we had here.I was very happy as you can see !

I guess one of the reasons going blind does not terrify me, not that I would like it, is I have seen how well people can adapt.They get talking books, gauges for cups so they know when they are full, large braille nos. on telephones,ovens etc,all sorts of gadgets to soften some of the blow.I would hardly say it is easy,I just think I would cope with it easier than no music, or hearing loved ones voices.

Interestingly, when people do lose their sight, they go through the same 7 stages of grief that you do with the deaf of a loved one.Ending with realistic acceptance.There sense of smell and hearing increases too.

Two of my favourite things are reading, so I would get talking books and music, playing piano, which I could do by feel, and listening to it which I could still do. It does mean I would never have seen BBM, Hmmm that's something I had not thought of. No Heath visuals, ah well I would still have that divine voice of his to listen to.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2009, 01:44:47 am »
Now I'm wondering if I should switch my answer. :-\

;) ;)

Actually this little conversation may have done me some good though, because I would love to improve my ASL. When I was growing up our neighbors across the street had a deaf son and daughter. Everyone in the family knew how to sign. Scott, the deaf son taught me the alphabet. Later my friend Ernie taught me some other signs. But I've always wished to be much more fluent in the language. Now I'm thinking about taking some classes in it! :D

injest

« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2009, 01:52:32 am »
Would you rather have your deepest, darkest and most embarrassing personal secret (along with a picture of you) exposed on world wide TV for everyone to see and hear

or!

perform an absolutely humiliating 10 minute karaoke song in front of the Queen of England and the rest of the Royal family?

I would do the karaoke...at least it would be over quick and when would I ever see the Queen of England again?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

injest

« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2009, 01:53:20 am »
O.K David, just because you asked !!!!
  I would rather do the karaoke, if the Queen is anything like her mother was, she would probably have imbibed so many G&T's she would not remember and it would allow Prince Phillip to be rude, in a politically correct manner for once, instead of making the most awful gaffes, eg  the infamous slitty eyed Chinese remark. In fact the more I think about it, how could I be more embarrasing than the Royals. Charles and the squidgy/tampon tapes, and his and Dianas affairs.Sarah and the toe sucking,Andrew and, well moving on. Margaret and her slight hic drinking problem. I reckon I would fit right in there.

My secrets will, I hope go to the grave with me !!! Oh no, I forgot, I confessed most of them on Bettermost !!!!

So next dilemma, which is the classic  Lose your sight or lose your hearing.

Strangely enough for an Optometrist I would rather lose my sight !!!!   I could not live without music.

Your turn now !

hearing! definitely!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2009, 02:07:54 am »
Just slipping in quick to say: I always misread this thread title as "Who would you rather....?"    :laugh:

Laura!! Come on in and play the game with us! It's fun! :D

Offline ZK

« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2009, 03:50:22 am »
I would do the karaoke...at least it would be over quick and when would I ever see the Queen of England again?