Author Topic: Dining Out - Pleasurable or Painful?  (Read 38829 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Dining Out - Pleasurable or Painful?
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2009, 04:03:45 pm »
I'm sure enought Kettle One would make anythng taste good.

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2009, 04:13:01 pm »
...including those 'night terrors'.  ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2009, 04:16:00 pm »
I've had several flirtations with vegetarianism through my life. I'm fortunate in that my favourite foods are fruit and vegetables. For many years, the only meat I ate was poultry. Relatively recently, over the past couple of years, I've returned to eating red meat again, albeit sparingly. I still prefer to get my protein from poultry, but also eat lean cuts of red meat also nowadays. I continue to love my fruit and vegies best but occasionally treat myself to something overtly carnivorous, like goulash, which I thoroughly enjoy. Like you, Janice, I'll never be a complete vegetarian, nor would I wish to be these days. I now believe it's wise, for the sake of one's health, to maintain a well balanced diet, consisting of choices from all the major food groups. This is particularly true, I believe, as one reached seniority, like me. We humans are, through evolution, omnivorous. 

Kerry, with a diet like yours, you probably have the healthiest heart in all of New South Wales - perhaps even in the entire country! :D

Kudos to you buddy! :-*

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2009, 04:45:34 pm »
an item not on the survey list that annoys me is no salt and pepper on the table at all. Some chefs think they know how i like my seasoning.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2009, 09:06:21 pm »
Kerry, with a diet like yours, you probably have the healthiest heart in all of New South Wales - perhaps even in the entire country! :D

Kudos to you buddy! :-*

Cheers David. You're probably right there, about my heart. And thankfully there's no genetic history of heart disease in my family.

Having said all those good things about my diet, however, I must be honest and confess that I throw all my healthy eating guidelines out the window, when I dine out. My two favourite locals restaurants are "The Happy Chef" Malay/Chinese and "El Bahsa" Lebanese. They serve wonderously decadent, rich delights, that are anything but  healthy. At "The Happy Chef", I usually order their to-die-for Chicken Laksa, which is a huge bowl of chicken and eastern vegetable soup with tofu and coconut cream, laced generously with chillies. More a stew than a soup. Yuuuuum! At "El Bahsa", I will literally eat most anything on the menu!  :D 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2009, 02:55:09 pm »
I love V8 juice! I think I mostly like it because it has a salty taste. But the fruit flavored V8 just sounds wrong. Fruit flavored vegetables. Yuck. :P

Umm, the tomato is a fruit. It is a fruit of the tomato plant, a member of the nightshade family. Pour moi, the idea of a salty drink just sounds wrong, like drinking sea water. I don't even have salt on my margaritas!!

I do like V8 juice though, as a sauce or soup base. It makes a lovely jambalaya!! I used it to make alligator soup for the 2007 Brokeback BBQ. There were no leftovers!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2009, 03:14:26 pm »
Umm, the tomato is a fruit. It is a fruit of the tomato plant, a member of the nightshade family. Pour moi, the idea of a salty drink just sounds wrong, like drinking sea water. I don't even have salt on my margaritas!!

I do like V8 juice though, as a sauce or soup base. It makes a lovely jambalaya!! I used it to make alligator soup for the 2007 Brokeback BBQ. There were no leftovers!

Now, how can the tomato be a fruit if President Ronald Reagan said ketchup is a vegetable? What kind of witchcraft is that?  ???

;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2009, 03:22:19 pm »
Now, how can the tomato be a fruit if President Ronald Reagan said ketchup is a vegetable? What kind of witchcraft is that?  ???

Voodoo bionomics.  ::)
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2009, 03:23:46 pm »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.