Author Topic: Katie77's idea for remembering Heath on Thursday, 22nd  (Read 29881 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: Katie77's idea for remembering Heath on Thursday, 22nd
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 03:23:40 am »
Laura, the pictures in your signature line are truly beautiful! I saw that one of them is on the bettermost banner now too.

This will be a very long day.

Yeah....

:(
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 08:03:11 am »
I'm joining in.

(I had Heath in my signature forever, not always a picture, but still)

- ° - ° - ° -

MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 08:11:21 am »
Laura, the pictures in your signature line are truly beautiful! I saw that one of them is on the bettermost banner now too.

Yeah....

:(

You are here today Fabienne! I thought you wanted to stay away.. But it's more comforting here, than grieving alone, true?  :-*

:'(

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 08:56:17 am »
You are here today Fabienne! I thought you wanted to stay away.. But it's more comforting here, than grieving alone, true?  :-*

:'(

Yeah, I had no idea how it would go today, wondering whether I be able to read all the messages and thoughts. But actually it's going pretty well, although Heath was on my mind practically from the moment I woke up.  :-\

So I guess, instead of less bettermost, I need MORE bettermost!

Plus, my youngest daughter is sick with the flu, so I'm working from home which means I get to spend a lot more time on the home computer.

We're both sitting on the couch, watching 'Beethoven'. My daughter is already feeling better (thank you aspirin!).

On days like these, I'm counting my blessings.  :) 
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 09:10:37 am »

Thank you so much to LauraGigs for your beautiful photomontage that is expressing our thoughts today as no words could! :-*
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 10:01:23 am »
Yeah, I had no idea how it would go today, wondering whether I be able to read all the messages and thoughts. But actually it's going pretty well, although Heath was on my mind practically from the moment I woke up.  :-\

So I guess, instead of less bettermost, I need MORE bettermost!

Plus, my youngest daughter is sick with the flu, so I'm working from home which means I get to spend a lot more time on the home computer.

We're both sitting on the couch, watching 'Beethoven'. My daughter is already feeling better (thank you aspirin!).

On days like these, I'm counting my blessings.  :) 

Good for you Fabienne!

I hope your daughter is well again soon! But curling up in front of the tv sure sounds like a good option too, for a day like this..

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 10:40:38 am »
My plan for the day is The Patriot, followed by A Knight's Tale, followed by Monster's Ball (the first half only), and then Brokeback, before I take a break and go out to dinner with a friend, then I'll come back home, pop open a bottle of wine, light a candle, and listen to the BBM soundtrack as well as all of Nick Drake's CD's.  For those who don't know, Nick was the English singer whom Heath worshipped, who killed himself back in the early 70's.  I've never heard his music, but I'm expecting it to be quite tear-jerking.  If I'm still awake enough by then, I'll do the Heath-only bits from The Dark Knight and from Lords of Dogtown to wrap up my Heath tribute.  I've got my mom's hanky tucked in my pocket for the duration.  Guess it's yet to be seen whether my grand plan for the day will be cathartic, or will shatter me.  Hopefully the former.

I wonder what he would of thought of his Oscar nom this morning.

Love to all the Brokies hurting, remembering, crying and wishing the world was different today.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline optom3

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 09:26:04 pm »
My plan for the day is The Patriot, followed by A Knight's Tale, followed by Monster's Ball (the first half only), and then Brokeback, before I take a break and go out to dinner with a friend, then I'll come back home, pop open a bottle of wine, light a candle, and listen to the BBM soundtrack as well as all of Nick Drake's CD's.  For those who don't know, Nick was the English singer whom Heath worshipped, who killed himself back in the early 70's.  I've never heard his music, but I'm expecting it to be quite tear-jerking.  If I'm still awake enough by then, I'll do the Heath-only bits from The Dark Knight and from Lords of Dogtown to wrap up my Heath tribute.  I've got my mom's hanky tucked in my pocket for the duration.  Guess it's yet to be seen whether my grand plan for the day will be cathartic, or will shatter me.  Hopefully the former.

I wonder what he would of thought of his Oscar nom this morning.

Love to all the Brokies hurting, remembering, crying and wishing the world was different today.

Oh Mandy,
how do you always manage to articulate so astutely what I am feeling. I tried to hide in work today. Went into complete denial mode, spoke to you on the phone and could deny it longer.Sometimes you just have to face things full on, I just wish it was not so painful. Still a little alcohol helps blur the edges a bit. I would give anything to rewind the hands of time and change the fickle finger of fate.This time last year, minus one day, I had a business which was not hovering on the edge of bankruptcy and Heath.

Fast forward and life pretty well sucks. I look at that smling happy Fiona in my picture and wonder if she will ever appear again.