Author Topic: One year out, another visit to 421 Broome Street  (Read 44149 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: One year out, another visit to 421 Broome Street
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2009, 04:55:02 am »
Thank you, John and Meryl.  Here's a bit more on Rahni Sadler, who interviewed you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahni_Sadler

Also, I know I said this last year, but so odd to see the word "AERO" on the window at 421 Broome St., because that was the name of the theater in Santa Monica where I actually was in the same room as Heath (and Michelle, Jake, Diana, Rodrigo, Gustavo), on February 13th, 2006.  Dang, three years.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2009, 08:15:13 am »

Thank you, John and Meryl.  Here's a bit more on Rahni Sadler, who interviewed you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahni_Sadler

Interesting . . . . .

"Sadler was reported to have broken down while reporting on the death of Australian born movie star Heath Ledger in New York on 23 Jan 2008. This occurred after discussing how Ledger had not liked fame or participating in interviews. Ledger has been interviewed by Sunrise on previous occasions and was once told off by his sister for appearing arrogant in interviews.[8] It was later revealed Sadler was merely out of breath as she ran to Heath Ledger's SoHo apartment from a New York G'day USA press conference, where she was when news of his death broke."
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2009, 12:47:20 pm »
Thanks for the link, Elle.  That seems to answer one of the questions John and I had about whether the Aussies had flown in from Sydney to report on the 421 Broome Street angle.  They probably flew in from L.A.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline mouk

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2009, 12:20:07 am »
(((((Meryl))))), (((((John))))), thank you so much for doing this trip! :-*

I am so, so glad that they interviewed you, they could not have made a better choice.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2009, 12:33:36 am »

I am so, so glad that they interviewed you, they could not have made a better choice.

Nice to see you, moukie!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2009, 12:37:17 am »

Thank you  mouk.

xxxxx
John
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2009, 12:52:17 am »

Yay! I got me the grey and red striped v-neck sweater on clearance at Banana Republic for $15.99, plus I had a coupon for $20.00. I'm going to wear it in honor of Heath every January. I'd wear it on his b-day in April too, but here in Phoenix, it's way to hot for a sweater then. I guess I'll have to get a striped tee.

Yay, me too! I found this on eBay!

Definitely  will be worn on major 'Heathdays'!

Also, again:

I love NYC, it one of my favorite places. I have a friend who keeps a place in the Woodstock Tower of Tudor City on East 42nd. I love visiting!

NOW the link is working--here is your 'Woodstock'--on 42nd Street, that is, from East to West!  ;D

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

retropian

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2009, 12:46:07 am »

Yay, me too! I found this on eBay!

Definitely  will be worn on major 'Heathdays'!

Also, again:

NOW the link is working--here is your 'Woodstock'--on 42nd Street, that is, from East to West!  ;D

Awesome! Thanks for posting the pic's! Nice Ebay find! I'll have to find something for warm weather too.

It looks like I won't be visiting my friend in NYC anytime soon. He lives in AZ most of the time and gets back to NYC every 2 or 3 months. He got back together with his ex-wife a few months ago. So he go's back to NYC with her. The place is too small for 3, and I would truly be the 3rd wheel. She has now accused my friend and I of having an affair while she was separated from him (her doing)! LOL! I thought she might be insane, but wow, even I didn't see that coming. I feel bad for him because he really loves her, but how much insanity can a person cope with?