Author Topic: One year out, another visit to 421 Broome Street  (Read 44164 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: One year out, another visit to 421 Broome Street
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2009, 10:25:27 am »
Thanks Meryl I feel like you represented all of us Brokies not only yesterday one year since Heath's death, but also you were there at Broome Street a year ago.  Thank you Meryl.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2009, 12:50:03 pm »
On this sad occasion, some cause for joy tonight!

I have just seen Meryl on Australian Channel 7's prime-time 6 o'clock News telecast!

It is Friday night here in Sydney - Jan 23.

Meryl, the news item showed you in your long black coat, leaving flowers.

The item also mentioned Five Leaves and showed the interior of the restaurant. They interviewed press and fans at Broome Street and also a very distressed man at Five Leaves who was in tears and couldn't speak.

Kerry, I'm so glad you saw the clip!  I can only hope that the rest of the feature will be put on the website at some point.  I'd love to see the other interviews Rahni did.  That's so cool that they went out to Five Leaves, too.  8)

I just saw it too Kerry.........

I asked all my family here to stop and watch with me.

To have a member of Bettermost, be shown leaving those roses, felt like you were representing us all, and for that I thank you.

I'm glad  you saw it too, Sue.  Thanks for the thanks.  I feel grateful to live in NY and be able to stop by with John and pay BetterMost's respects to our much-missed Heath.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2009, 12:56:50 pm »
I find it fitting, Meryl, that your 15 minutes of fame comes at a time when John is sporting the Andy Warhol look.   :)

:laugh:  What an apt observation, Paul!  ;D

Thanks to everyone who commented.  It's very rewarding to us to be able to be on the scene in NY on a sad day like this.  Thanks especially to John, who makes it such a pleasure and brings it all to life with his marvelous pictures!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2009, 01:32:01 pm »

I find it fitting, Meryl, that your 15 minutes of fame comes at a time when John is sporting the Andy Warhol look.   :)

Thank you, Paul! (Actually, yestersday I told Meryl I looked like Eraserhead!

Now I'm beginning to wonder--what's the difference?   ;D
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2009, 01:49:08 pm »
Thank you, Paul! (Actually, yestersday I told Meryl I looked like Eraserhead!

Now I'm beginning to wonder--what's the difference?   ;D

I much prefer Andy's look.  Eraserhead is so old Chuck Berry.  ;D

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2009, 02:34:06 pm »
:laugh:  What an apt observation, Paul!  ;D

Thanks to everyone who commented.  It's very rewarding to us to be able to be on the scene in NY on a sad day like this.  Thanks especially to John, who makes it such a pleasure and brings it all to life with his marvelous pictures!  :-*

I can't watch the video Meryl. I'm on dial-up. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you I think you and John were the perfect Brokie representatives. Maybe John will post some pictures soon and I can see what it looked like. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2009, 04:43:10 pm »
I can't watch the video Meryl. I'm on dial-up. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you I think you and John were the perfect Brokie representatives. Maybe John will post some pictures soon and I can see what it looked like. :)

Thanks, David.  I'm sorry you can't see the video.  But John has posted lots of pictures in this thread.  Maybe your dial-up is having a hard time dealing with so many all at once.  :-\
Ich bin ein Brokie...

retropian

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2009, 10:27:25 pm »
Thanks so much for going on your little pilgrimage. It's great to see others felt the need to honor and remember Heath. That it was small and low key makes it all the more sweet. I love NYC, it one of my favorite places. I have a friend who keeps a place in the Woodstock Tower of Tudor City on East 42nd. I love visiting! Thanks for all the great pic's of the city streets. I'll definitely have to visit Broome st. and The Tuck Stop when next I go.

Also, I think it would be a great tradition to wear stripes as you do, in honor and remembrance of Heath every January. I'm going to shop for a striped sweater this weekend for sure. I saw a grey and red horizontal striped sweater on clearance and Banana Republic like Heath was pictured wearing, so I'll try to get it.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2009, 11:33:28 pm »
I love NYC, it one of my favorite places. I have a friend who keeps a place in the Woodstock Tower of Tudor City on East 42nd.

Yup!

Also, I think it would be a great tradition to wear stripes as you do, in honor and remembrance of Heath every January. I'm going to shop for a striped sweater this weekend for sure. I saw a grey and red horizontal striped sweater on clearance and Banana Republic like Heath was pictured wearing, so I'll try to get it.

Thanks, my rugger stripe was bought for the purpose after months of looking--and I found it at the Gap for only $40--Michelle Obama would be pleased, I think. and yes, I saw the gray and red horizontal too--it's great! I bet Heath would have liked it.

(I mean to expand my stripe-y wardrobe!)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 12:41:46 am by jmmgallagher »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

retropian

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2009, 07:45:17 pm »
Thanks, my rugger stripe was bought for the purpose after months of looking--and I found it at the Gap for only $40--Michelle Obama would be pleased, I think. and yes, I saw the gray and red horizontal too--it's great! I bet Heath would have liked it.

(I mean to expand my stripe-y wardrobe!)

Yay! I got me the grey and red striped v-neck sweater on clearance at Banana Republic for $15.99, plus I had a coupon for $20.00. I'm going to wear it in honor of Heath every January. I'd wear it on his b-day in April too, but here in Phoenix, it's way to hot for a sweater then. I guess I'll have to get a striped tee.