Author Topic: New CD Out "Brokeback Mountain - Global Stage Orchestra Plus..."  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
I bought this from amazon.com because it was so cheap (10.98) and it contained versions of Gustavo Santaolalla's score.   WELL...
The instrumental pieces are nice and it contains other music called "Bonus Tracks: Song Selections Inspired by the Movie" which are WAY out there.  Buyer Beware.   Only considerate this if you love the Academy Award winning score.

Other songs:
"It's So Easy" not by Linda Ronstandt but by Waylon Jennings  (the song makes me cringe)
"To Each His Own" by Willie Nelson.   Where did they find this?   Should have been Willie's self-released 'cowboys are often secretly fond of each other'
"Hidin' Out" by Patsy Cline.   This one actually FITS
"Gentle on my Mind" by Glen Campbell.  Sounds like a live bootleg.  Should have been "Rhinestone Cowbow" <chuckle>
"Please Don't Tell Me How The Story Ends" by Bobby Bare   no comment.

FWIW the CD was made in the Netherlands.  There are NO liner notes.  Just trying to 'cash in' on the Brokeback Mountain juggernaut, I guess.
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: New CD Out "Brokeback Mountain - Global Stage Orchestra Plus..."
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 11:41:25 pm »
I obtained this and am enjoying it very much. However, although I like the Willie Nelson track, somehow I don't want to listen to him anymore, so I fast forward past that one.
"chewing gum and duct tape"