Author Topic: Toilet Seats  (Read 15101 times)

injest

Toilet Seats
« on: January 25, 2009, 11:30:11 am »
Dear Abby had this question in her column...

when both men and women use a bathroom, should the seat be left up or down?

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: Toilet Seats
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 11:34:44 am »
down. Because men don´t always have to sit. Women need to be compensated somehow ;)

injest

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 11:36:02 am »
I always turn on the light...you never know with three guys... ::)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 12:02:33 pm »
IMO, the toilet lid should be closed when not in use.  This keeps my kitties from using it as a water supply.  A dog-lover agrees with me on this point.

O0

And I like disco music, especially the Grateful Dead's disco version of Shakedown Street.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 12:20:57 pm »
If it's in a male-only household, I leave it up.  With mixed company, I try to remember to put it down. 

I like disco music, especially Grace Jones's version of "La vie en rose".

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2pQXZTpg3A[/youtube]

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 11:21:23 pm »
I always put it up so that I don't pee all over the seat.

TampaTalon^">  :D
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

injest

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 11:33:57 pm »

I know some women that need to do that!

>:(

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 02:01:27 pm »

So do I.

And when I've finished my business and flushed, I put the seat back down and close the lid.

I figure there wouldn't be a lid if it wasn't supposed to be closed, so I close it.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 02:48:26 pm »
I prefer men sitting down when peeing. I HATE wet peestains on the floor!! Dry even more!!! My husband always try to use an ordinary toilet instead of a mens room because he doesn't want his feet getting wet from pee on the floor!! And yes, we have a happy marriage, we agree onimportant issues...  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 07:02:44 pm »
Even a man with the best aim still leaves splatter on the seat and environs when standing to widdle. It may not necessarily be blatantly obvious, but the mist is most definitely there, even if big nasty droplets are not. For this reason, and for the sake of simple, basic hygiene, I believe we should, therefore, follow the cultural example of Muslim men and sit to do wee-wees.

No matter what your gender, the lid should always be closed when flushing for both #1's and #2's. Reason? I've seen footage of a flush in close-up slow-mo, and it is one of the most scary things I've ever seen. You've seen those slow-mo horror pics of a sneeze, with zillions of tiny sneeze droplets projecting out from your nose, all the way to Calcutta? Well, same thing with the toilet flush. Microscopic spray from the bowl sprays up into the room, carrying with it tiny particles of whatever little treasure you just deposited in the bowl. If you don't put the lid down, you breathe in these particles. Put down the lid when flushing!

Oh, and all public urinals, worldwide, should be banned IMHO! They're so sexist. I mean, there aren't any urinals in women's toilets; even though woman are quite capable, anatomically, of using them; so why should men be subjected to such a degrading ritual?

γνῶθι σεαυτόν