Author Topic: Puppy Bowl V - Pick Your Favorite Puppy Poll  (Read 6640 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Puppy Bowl V - Pick Your Favorite Puppy Poll
« on: January 31, 2009, 04:45:18 pm »
Animal Planet will be airing its 5th annual Puppy Bowl tomorrow (February 1) starting at 3:00 pm eastern (2:00 pm central).

What is the Puppy Bowl? It's a puppy version of the Super Bowl. Puppies are sent out 6 or 8 at a time into a large football themed puppy pen where they cavort and play. You probably think that sounds a bit silly, and it is. But it's very cute and highly entertaining. Cameras are even placed in strategic locations - under their water bowls for example - so viewers can watch the puppies frolic from many different angles. Referees are always on standby to clean up any "fouls". There's even a Kitty Half Time Show you won't want to miss!

Now that you know what the Puppy Bowl is, it is time to pick your pups! Click on the "Pick Your Pups" link and scroll through all the different puppy pictures. Write down the names of your favorite puppies (originally I was thinking about allowing only one pick, but since they are all so cute you may choose up to 5 puppies) and then come back here and vote!

Then! Tomorrow beginning at 3 pm eastern, turn on your TVs to Animal Planet and watch the Puppy Bowl. I will be creating a chat thread in case some of us would like to watch the Puppy Bowl together. As soon as I create the chat room I will post the link in here!

If you happen to miss the Puppy Bowl at 3 pm don't worry, because it will be repeated again and again through 5 am on Monday morning. If you live outside the US, or you don't receive the Animal Planet channel on your TV, you can still vote on your favorite puppies.

Click on the link below to see the puppies...

Pick Your Pups

For more information about the Puppy Bowl, including games, puzzles, pictures and other goodies, click on the following link...

Puppy Bowl V

Here's some pictures from previous Puppy Bowls....

Edit to add: Here is the link to the Puppy Bowl Chat Thread:

Puppy Bowl Chat Thread

« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 06:42:21 pm by DavidinIndy »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
Re: Puppy Bowl V - Pick Your Favorite Puppy Poll
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 04:49:08 pm »
My picks are Charlie Brown (I love his different colored eyes), Griffey, Mac, Matilda and Sawyer.

BTW, everyone is allowed to change their votes. You may change your mind tomorrow as you watch the puppies and see their different personalities. :D

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 05:30:01 pm »
I VOTED!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 05:46:20 pm »
I VOTED!

Yay!!! Thanks Dev! Are you going to watch the Puppy Bowl tomorrow? Maybe you can join me in the Puppy Bowl chat room tomorrow?! :)

I will create the chat room later today or tomorrow morning and I'll edit the first post and put the link in there.

It looks like you voted for  Bella, Buster, Candy Apple, Griffey and Mercy. Is that correct? You can always change your votes later on if you want to!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 10:37:33 pm »
I voted for Eli, Mac, Moose, Sawyer and Xander. But my favourite is Mac.  :-*   :-*   :-*

I won't be able to watch the Puppy Bowl but would love to hear about Mac. I'm sure he'll be a very good little puppy.  :-*

Fun thread, David!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 12:18:47 am »
What a lovely poll.  I have about 10 favourites so I am going to sleep on it and come back with a definitive choice tomorrow. On the other hand I may just vote for 5 then change my vote to the other 5.  A decisive woman of action, that's me !!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 01:06:57 am »
What a lovely poll.  I have about 10 favourites so I am going to sleep on it and come back with a definitive choice tomorrow. On the other hand I may just vote for 5 then change my vote to the other 5.  A decisive woman of action, that's me !!

There you go Fiona!! :laugh:

That's a good idea! And then you can vote for ALL of your favorite puppies! Are you going to watch the Puppy Bowl tomorrow? Your kids would probably enjoy it too. It's very cute and entertaining. Everybody loves puppies! :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 01:14:31 am »
I voted for Eli, Mac, Moose, Sawyer and Xander. But my favourite is Mac.  :-*   :-*   :-*

I won't be able to watch the Puppy Bowl but would love to hear about Mac. I'm sure he'll be a very good little puppy.  :-*

Fun thread, David!  :D

I liked Moose and Xander too Kerry! They probably would have been my next favorite choices. :D

Of course, ALL of the puppies are very cute and it's really difficult to select just five of them. I'm sorry you can't watch the Puppy Bowl. They will be twittering the Puppy Bowl over on twitter, so you can keep an eye on it over there. Here's the link...

http://twitter.com/AnimalPlanet

I keep hoping one day they will live feed the Puppy Bowl on the Animal Planet website so people outside the US can watch it on their computers. In fact, AP may be doing it this year. They've live fed other shows before. I didn't look around very closely on the website. If you want, you can go over there and take a look for any mention of a live feed for tomorrow's "game". The link to the AP website is up in the first post. And we will be chatting about the Puppy Bowl as it airs tomorrow - well I will be chatting about it anyway. I'm not sure if anyone else will want to - and you are more than welcome to join me in there too. I will be posting some play-by-play puppy action! :D

injest

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 01:29:13 am »
I voted for Mac and Moose and both "Candies" and Charlie Brown!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 09:30:36 pm »
Awwww...they are all beautiful, David.

I didn't know that they are all from shelters! Maybe they will get adopted now!

I didn't vote---I got here late. But, no Yorkies! I would've voted Yorkie. LOL.

The beagles were extra cute. Also the Japanese puppy---Kindo?
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 09:52:02 pm »
Awwww...they are all beautiful, David.

I didn't know that they are all from shelters! Maybe they will get adopted now!

I didn't vote---I got here late. But, no Yorkies! I would've voted Yorkie. LOL.

The beagles were extra cute. Also the Japanese puppy---Kindo?

Too cute!  I just wish I had time to watch the entire bowl.  My mom is watching the regular super bowl and while she'll turn to the puppy bowl to keep me happy, it is very hard coaxing the remote from an 82 year old die-hard football fan!

I voted for Occee.  Did I spell the name right?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 10:07:14 pm »
Too cute!  I just wish I had time to watch the entire bowl.  My mom is watching the regular super bowl and while she'll turn to the puppy bowl to keep me happy, it is very hard coaxing the remote from an 82 year old die-hard football fan!

I voted for Occee.  Did I spell the name right?

You like Ocee Marie? Did you see Ocee during the show Marie, or over on the website, because Ocee makes an appearance on the show too! :D

If your Mom is watching the Human Bowl, you can watch the Puppy Bowl later after the Super Bowl is over. They will be repeating the Puppy Bowl all night long!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 09:11:14 pm »

My whole voting and list has disappeared,????

Beautiful mind