Author Topic: The BetterMost Can Club  (Read 57672 times)

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
Re: The BetterMost Can Club
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2009, 07:49:07 pm »
Thanks, Jess and Lee!   :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2009, 02:38:35 pm »
Welcome to the club, everyone! I'm interested in hearing about the new experiences many of us are all having. I went back to my old company today for the first time in about three weeks to meet a friend for lunch. My friend had to come and wait for me in the lobby because he was told that I wouldn't be allowed to go upstairs to his office. A security guard has been hired to keep ex-employees from entering the building.

That's in case any of them decide to go postal.  :(

Worse yet, I found out that my ex-boss and others at the company spend their time speculating on where I'll work next and what my pay will be. My ex-boss has told people what my salary was and bets I'll earn less than half at the new place.

That is so unprofessional and totally uncalled-for.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2009, 02:40:51 pm »
I had an interview today.  It's with a publisher of new-age media (books, CDs, etc).  They have their pets in the office and a very casual atmosphere.  The work would basically be just putting together sales emails and stuff.  Potentially boring, lots of coding, and not as creative/visual as I'd like, but I do like that fact that it's a laid-back place... We'll see.

Sounds like cool people to work with, though. Keeping my fingers crossed. ...  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2009, 02:42:54 pm »
I think the interview went really well. This is my eleventyeth interview with this bank and they seem to want to hire me but...
The job is a good fit for me though I will need to brush up on my financial analysis skills. I should know by the end of the month. Hopefully they will be ready to just get on with it and make an offer Monday.

Any news (good, I hope)?

If nothing else I looked damn good 8)

I'm sure you were fierce, Little Darlin'!  :)

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2009, 09:13:59 pm »
Sounds like cool people to work with, though. Keeping my fingers crossed. ...  :)

I've got a 2nd interview tomorrow!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2009, 03:32:44 am »
I've got a 2nd interview tomorrow!

Good luck Laura! :-*

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2009, 03:34:01 am »
Good luck to you, dear friend. And Roux and Lynne, please keep us apprised of your progress on your respective Coasts. Maybe one coast or the other will lead the rally.

I was offered some consulting work last week, but they seem to be backpedalling this week.

Any news on this one Lee? I hope you're still in the race.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2009, 07:24:55 pm »
Well, we had a snowstorm here in Colorado yesterday, so my interview got postponed. The lady's out of town all next week, so it'll be a while... will apply for other stuff in the meantime just in case.

Any news with yall?  Crayons?  RouxB?   :)

injest

« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2009, 07:32:44 pm »
Well, we had a snowstorm here in Colorado yesterday, so my interview got postponed. The lady's out of town all next week, so it'll be a while...  apply for other stuff in the meantime just in case.

Any news with yall?  Crayons?  RouxB?   :)

:-\ :-\

I am sorry, Laura, I am glad you are still out there looking....maybe you will find something even better in the meantime!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2009, 01:30:42 am »
seems like I might be offered a continuation of the job I have now that was supposed to end in April.
I have mixed feeling about it. It´s good because...well...an income is good but the job is really hard and since it is in another town it includes three hours of commuting every single day. If it comes to be, I´ll accept the offer but I´ll keep looking for something else. But complaining about it makes me feel bad given the current financial crisis. :-\