Author Topic: OT: Most over-rated movies!  (Read 30059 times)

slayers_creek_oth

OT: Most over-rated movies!
« on: July 11, 2006, 08:34:59 pm »
I was thinkin about it and god...there are a lot of extremely over-rated movies out there...so just for shits and giggles I'm curious to see what you all think...

What is in your opinion the most over-rated movie ever!

Mine?  A Beautiful Mind....now don't get me wrong...it was a good film.  But EXTREMELY over-rated...

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: OT: Most over-rated movies!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 08:37:42 pm »
'Jerry McGuire'.

I think I'm the only person on the planet who thought this movie sucked.

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 08:38:34 pm »
A Beautiful Mind would have been mine too Chris... hmmmmmm I'll have to think about this....
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

vkm91941

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 08:40:10 pm »
No del I didn't like 'Jerry McQuire' either..crap from start to finish

Cold Mountain  & The New World after all the hype two of the most boring and poorly acted films I have ever had the displeasure to shell out cash for.  Nick and I actually walked out of The New World  about two thirds through.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 08:43:26 pm by vkm91941 »

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 08:42:19 pm »
God Vic, we walked out of the New World too... my whole family, I honestly believe it was one of the worst movies I've seen, and I've seen a lot of bad ones...

I tend to think all of Quentin Tarentino's movies are overrated... I enjoy them, but they aren't as hot shit as everybody says
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 08:48:58 pm »
Hi guys...I loved 'A New World'.   ;D  I even have the DVD and the soundtrack.  Critics loved the movie as well.  I'd never seen a Terrance Malick movie before, but my mood was right when I saw it.  Lush cinematography, massive walls of gorgeous music and a non-linear story.  Many critics said people who preferred straight-forward narratives would not like Malick's work.  Apparently his 'Thin Red Line' was the same.

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 10:24:29 pm »
 :) I so agree with Vik on this one - Cold Mountain was horrible - about 3/4th of the way through, my sister and I looked at each other
and said " is this guy(Jude Law) ever going to get back to his girl (Nicole Kidman) - it was so plodding and slow, couldn't wait for it to be over -
I see a lot of movies, but that one just about did me in for length and lack of action........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

vkm91941

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 11:41:30 pm »
'Thin Red Line' was the same.

Now I love Thin Red Line.

I tend to think all of Quentin Tarentino's movies are overrated... I enjoy them, but they aren't as hot shit as everybody says

I also feel Quentin Tarentino is highly overrated.  The only thing he's directed so far that I can honestly say I enjoyed was an episode of CSI.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 11:51:56 pm »
'Jerry McGuire'.

I think I'm the only person on the planet who thought this movie sucked.

Thems fightin words....Jerry MaGuire is one of my all time favorites...one of the few that I can actually stand Cruise in...that and Minority Report and thats more of a Spielberg thing...

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 11:58:33 pm »
No del I didn't like 'Jerry McQuire' either..crap from start to finish

Cold Mountain  & The New World after all the hype two of the most boring and poorly acted films I have ever had the displeasure to shell out cash for.  Nick and I actually walked out of The New World  about two thirds through.

Never saw Cold Mountain and I agree with The New World...boring as hell!  Talking about long and self-important...couldn't sit through it either...