Author Topic: I want one!!  (Read 2216 times)

injest

I want one!!
« on: March 08, 2009, 11:34:14 am »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29550120/

Call it what you will — the world's first 3D nanoantenna or an invisibility cloak — but a new metamaterial created by Rice University scientists could hide objects from human sight.

Call it what you will — the world's first 3D nanoantenna or an invisibility cloak — but asight.

By creating perfectly aligned dimples in a material, the scientists channeled specific wavelengths of light from many directions into one uniform direction.

"This falls into the broad class of metamaterials that have useful and unusual properties, like cloaking," said Naomi Halas, Rice University scientist and co-author of a paper describing the material in Nano Letters. "In a broader picture, you could do some very interesting things with this metamaterial."

I can think of a LOT of stuff I would 'hide' from view! Like that durn tack room....and the boys bedroom....that sign out front that I can't get Don to fix...think of the amount of time you could save when people are coming over! just throw one of these over the unsightly stuff!

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: I want one!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 11:51:56 am »
I love how the advert for the "flat stomach" is in the middle of that story.

Now the tummy would be a good thing to make invisible.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

Re: I want one!!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 12:05:56 pm »
I love how the advert for the "flat stomach" is in the middle of that story.

Now the tummy would be a good thing to make invisible.

:laugh: :laugh:

so all you would see was the top and the bottom...oh wait..I just thought of another area I would make invisible... :-X