Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 260388 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #260 on: May 25, 2009, 03:20:15 pm »
*resurfaces*

Well, I don't know what I did wrong but the computers I work with (at home and at work) gave up on me last week. My home computer crashed and my work computer got infected with a trojan horse, twice, in one week! Ack!

The work computer has been fixed, but I'm still weary though. I have no idea how my computer got infected and the repair guy told me it was probably 'some internet thing'. Gosh, he made me feel like I was doing nothing but surf the internet visiting unsafe sites.  :laugh: I'm not, though, really not.

The home computer was a different matter. My brother spent the best part of sunday fixing it. And luckily, he managed to do so. 'Some windows thing' he muttered. (he's a mac guy  ;D)

But I lost all my files.  :-\ I have made back ups, so my documents and pictures were saved. I never thought about e-mails though. I lost all of them too.

So, I'm back in computerland. And I've been wondering how Ellery and Colson are doing. I have sooo much catching up to do.

Off to read!  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #261 on: May 25, 2009, 05:59:36 pm »
welcome back Fabienne!  you have a lot to read, that's the good part!!!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #262 on: May 25, 2009, 09:49:52 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #263 on: May 26, 2009, 02:27:07 pm »
Fabienne, it's great to see you!  :)  Computer problems suck, don't they?  Glad you're up and running!

and here is chapter 79!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/308383.html

SPOILERS

"...He’s enough of a pain with his clothes on.”

:laugh: :laugh: 

But I must say that it's touching to see Ellery surrounded by his family with all their hovering and helping and scolding.  He is truly loved.   :)  Thanks, Louise!

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #264 on: May 26, 2009, 02:50:46 pm »
Yes, I had heaps to read. About 40 pages of Greenlea goodness. Yummy!

and here is chapter 79!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/308383.html

SPOILERS

I can’t get enough a fresh air an good friends,

Right Ellery. This is just what he needs, to be surrounded by his family and friends.

And I laughed at Edna's comment about 'the naked boy on the patio'. She wasn't shocked or anything. She's come a long way from her vaseline moment. LOL!

Thanks Louise  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #265 on: May 26, 2009, 11:47:18 pm »
Awww now, see I wish I could have written another chapter, but I went into emergency mode after some extremely unexpected bad news on my first full day in Chicagoland.

See my blog for details.  It's almost 9 p.m. and I'm yawning to beat the band!  Hopefully I'll have a home tomorrow sometime and I'll have some nibbles on new job opportunities to keep me settled enough so I can write the next chapter then!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #266 on: May 27, 2009, 11:35:51 pm »
okey doke, now that I have settled a few things, and have a home to look forward to, I managed to get my concentration back... and here is chapter 80!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/308697.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #267 on: May 28, 2009, 01:23:48 pm »
okey doke, now that I have settled a few things, and have a home to look forward to, I managed to get my concentration back... and here is chapter 80!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/308697.html

SPOILERS

Well, things are moving along quickly now!  Esteban adds a very interesting dynamic to the sheriff's office - and to the story.  He's in a very awkward position on a lot of levels.  (And I have to agree with him - hospitals really aren't for "sittin around visitin.")  Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #268 on: May 28, 2009, 10:04:43 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #269 on: May 29, 2009, 01:25:03 pm »

and let the party resume!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/308834.html

SPOILERS

Now that is one party that only this particular blend of characters could put together!   

I could tell ya what’s been happenin over at the bar, that’d satisfy yer curiosity,” Wayne offered brightly.

“Lemme guess, yer breedin an army a mice ta invade the secret Brotherhood HQ up in the White Mountains an they’re gonna go chew off all their –“

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  So funny!  You've got it all there - a bit of irony, a lot of banter, along with a nice bit of farce, too - except that you're not exaggerating these people at all.  They're just being themselves!  I love that the Fearless Leader stops being fearless when it comes to Edna!   Thanks, Louise!