Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 260427 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #290 on: June 02, 2009, 11:52:29 pm »
A changeup chapter, hopefully, to keep everyone distracted entertained.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/310172.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #291 on: June 03, 2009, 05:35:07 pm »
I am hoping to get a chapter written tonight, but as I am going on a flight tomorrow on an all-day junket to do a job interview, I may have to go to bed early and forgo the usual Tourmaline turbulence.  Just a forewarning!  I expect to be home tomorrow night in time to write something tomorrow night.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #292 on: June 03, 2009, 06:22:58 pm »
A changeup chapter, hopefully, to keep everyone distracted entertained.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/310172.html

SPOILERS

What a wonderfully evocative chapter!  Colson standing guard over Ellery and his dreams, but knowing that he can't always be there to protect him and that neither of them has control.  And it was interesting to see how he came to the conclusion that Ellery was not fantasizing - because the pain and the shame of what he told Colson was too fresh, too genuine  and the way he describes the  cyst of encapsulated pain that must be removed so that Ellery can move forward. 

And I love the poignant image of Colson settling down to watch the birds until dark while he ponders and broods....

That's not a bad idea about the hustler - I hope he brings it Wes's attention.  And Ellery's familiar dream was so very Ellery, pulling together so many different aspects of his life. 

I am hoping to get a chapter written tonight, but as I am going on a flight tomorrow on an all-day junket to do a job interview, I may have to go to bed early and forgo the usual Tourmaline turbulence.  Just a forewarning!  I expect to be home tomorrow night in time to write something tomorrow night.

Good luck with the interview, Louise! 
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #293 on: June 03, 2009, 09:47:39 pm »
I eked out chapter 87 so I wouldn't feel so guilty leaving town tomorrow!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/310486.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #294 on: June 03, 2009, 10:49:57 pm »

No guilt allowed - but the chapter is appreciated!

SPOILERS

Reynolds thinks it’s some sort a plot ta keep ya back, but he don’t understand jealousy. Reynolds is slow that way.”

:laugh:   Murdoch is a regular Dear Abby, isn't he?  And if Jeremy is going to be at the station at 8 a.m. tomorrow, he'd better go get Nicky at the Red Stallion and bring him home toot sweet!  Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #295 on: June 04, 2009, 10:30:22 pm »
I'm home from the wars now, and it's 9:30 p.m. and I am exhausted and haven't had dinner yet.  So no chapter tonight unless I can't sleep!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #296 on: June 05, 2009, 07:34:01 am »

No guilt allowed - but the chapter is appreciated!

SPOILERS

Reynolds thinks it’s some sort a plot ta keep ya back, but he don’t understand jealousy. Reynolds is slow that way.”

:laugh:   Murdoch is a regular Dear Abby, isn't he?  And if Jeremy is going to be at the station at 8 a.m. tomorrow, he'd better go get Nicky at the Red Stallion and bring him home toot sweet!  Thanks, Louise!

Yes, hurry up Jeremy. But I think he's going to have some explaining to do with Nicky about having to go to work, again! But he can't not go, can he? I like his strong sense of duty and responsability, even if it is interfering with his personal life. Let's just hope they have next weekend.

thanks Louise. Hope you slept well.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #297 on: June 05, 2009, 10:12:57 am »
Oh, I did.  And I woke up to an early morning job offer, the best kind of phone call!

But man, I am TIRED.  I expect to have a very relaxing and joyful weekend though, after the hectic past couple of weeks and frantic, though productive, job search.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #298 on: June 06, 2009, 01:35:54 pm »
Not as tired but still stiff as a board, I'm back to working on "Persistence of Vision". I think I can say with some confidence I'll get this book done by the time I leave Chicago!!

Heheheh.  Really, though, it's a one-day drive to Minneapolis, so I don't expect any real interruptions in my life in the next... SIX months!  Stay tuned for the next chapter!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #299 on: June 06, 2009, 03:24:41 pm »