Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 260269 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #430 on: July 15, 2009, 10:00:33 pm »

And here is chapter 122:  http://louisev.livejournal.com/319306.html

there will be one or two more chapters after this, and I am officially entertaining ideas for the next story.

If anyone HAS ANY IDEAS of course.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #431 on: July 16, 2009, 02:53:24 pm »

And here is chapter 122:  http://louisev.livejournal.com/319306.html

there will be one or two more chapters after this, and I am officially entertaining ideas for the next story.

If anyone HAS ANY IDEAS of course.

SPOILERS

OMG, what an awful dream!  I hope the pain eases up so that he can back off of the drugs a bit.  I did love watching their cozy, intimate, middle-of-the-night chat, though.  And I had to laugh when Colson asked him he'd been dreaming about Dupree again!   :laugh:  He'll never let Ellery forget that!  But what's nice is there wasn't any real heat in the question and it got a chuckle out of Ellery. 

IDEAS?  Yes, I do have some ideas! Two, in particular  ;D

NICK & JEREMY!!!!!!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #432 on: July 16, 2009, 04:07:15 pm »
SPOILERS

OMG, what an awful dream!  I hope the pain eases up so that he can back off of the drugs a bit.  I did love watching their cozy, intimate, middle-of-the-night chat, though.  And I had to laugh when Colson asked him he'd been dreaming about Dupree again!   :laugh:  He'll never let Ellery forget that!  But what's nice is there wasn't any real heat in the question and it got a chuckle out of Ellery. 

IDEAS?  Yes, I do have some ideas! Two, in particular  ;D

NICK & JEREMY!!!!!!

bwah hahahahaha.

Maybe I ought to title the next story "The Color Green"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #433 on: July 16, 2009, 10:25:37 pm »
wrapping up of loose ends down in the Sheriff's department:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/319569.html  Chapter 123

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #434 on: July 17, 2009, 01:21:21 pm »
SPOILERS

So far, so, good with loose-end wrapping!  I'm glad for Esteban and I like how Wes is always no-nonsense, but doesn't lose sight of the fact that he's dealing with real live human beings and not automatons. 

Nice to see Henry sounding chipper this morning - I guess he's feeling that the odds are with him that he won't be needing that per diem.   :)

“Sheriff?”

“What, doc?”

“I really didn’t need to know that,” Caulfield replied. “I’ll see you later.”

:laugh:  Go Henry!  Love that he turned the tables and got a harumph out of Wes!  Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #435 on: July 17, 2009, 01:59:41 pm »
SPOILERS

So far, so, good with loose-end wrapping!  I'm glad for Esteban and I like how Wes is always no-nonsense, but doesn't lose sight of the fact that he's dealing with real live human beings and not automatons. 

Nice to see Henry sounding chipper this morning - I guess he's feeling that the odds are with him that he won't be needing that per diem.   :)

“Sheriff?”

“What, doc?”

“I really didn’t need to know that,” Caulfield replied. “I’ll see you later.”

:laugh:  Go Henry!  Love that he turned the tables and got a harumph out of Wes!  Thanks, Louise!

Henry knows how to handle the Sheriff, which is a point in his favor in human relations - but this should be no surprise considering his profession.   I suppose I made Henry a sort of a good guy without the compulsive overhead of so many of the other characters in town - we needed one truly healthy person to contrast everybody else...!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #436 on: July 17, 2009, 10:55:40 pm »

Monday morning in Tourmaline!

complete with coffee and frozen peas!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/319895.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #437 on: July 18, 2009, 10:55:50 am »
Monday morning in Tourmaline!

complete with coffee and frozen peas!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/319895.html

SPOILERS

What's so interesting about Nick's jealousy issues is that, even when he's being unfair or is over-reacting, he's not simply making things up out of whole cloth.  Jeremy does still have a bit of an  Ellery worship thing going on (that's apparent to more people than just Nick) and he is still struggling a bit with his sexuality.  So Nick does need to learn to cope, but Jeremy could stand to learn a few things himself.  I liked his remark about the "great future journalist of Tourmaline" and his imagination ....    :laugh:

And their phone has the same bad timing as Colson and Ellery's!  Lots of possibilities for who could be calling - and I can't decide whose call could start the most trouble!  Thanks, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #438 on: July 18, 2009, 04:59:40 pm »
SPOILERS

What's so interesting about Nick's jealousy issues is that, even when he's being unfair or is over-reacting, he's not simply making things up out of whole cloth.  Jeremy does still have a bit of an  Ellery worship thing going on (that's apparent to more people than just Nick) and he is still struggling a bit with his sexuality.  So Nick does need to learn to cope, but Jeremy could stand to learn a few things himself.  I liked his remark about the "great future journalist of Tourmaline" and his imagination ....    :laugh:

And their phone has the same bad timing as Colson and Ellery's!  Lots of possibilities for who could be calling - and I can't decide whose call could start the most trouble!  Thanks, Louise!

that is an excellent point about Nick.  Sure - Nick has very little reason to complain about Jeremy considering his own wandering eye and his own tendency to put himself put there and thrive on the attention of gay men, hence his "dropping in" at the Red Stallion, and there isn't a man in that place who plays pool for the love of the game - they do it to show off their butts for the spectators in a socially acceptable way -- but you are very right about the fact that Nick isn't arbitrarily jealous.  He is reacting to real chinks in Jeremy's armor which could very well represent threats to their fledgling life together.

And now that I'm resting after a day of frantic errands and - gasp! exercising! and *GASP!* cooking!  it's time to get to the task of wrap-up.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #439 on: July 18, 2009, 06:08:10 pm »
and here is chapter 125! answering the question on everyone's mind!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/320096.html