Author Topic: Triskaidekaphobia  (Read 12697 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Triskaidekaphobia
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 02:10:29 pm »
Talking about digital clocks......So many times, far too many times for it to be a coincidence, when I look at the time on a digital clock, it seems to be 11.11 or 1.01 or some other combination of ONES.

I can even be asleep and wake up, and for some unknown reason look at the clock, and so many times it is a combination of ONES.

I dont know whether it is a good omen or a bad omen.

It means the universe is trying to communicate with you using computer language of 1 and 0s.  ;D

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2009, 02:10:49 am »
I voted "It's just another day for me."
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2009, 02:19:12 am »
The Chinese calendar apparently predicts it, too.  There's a special on the History Channel about it that I've seen a couple of times.  Eek!  :o

Apparently, Earth will line up with the center of the galaxy around mid-December 2012, creating Lord knows what kind of magnetic pull and possibly touching off mega-disasters.  This is upsetting.  I hope this doesn't mean I'll miss the second Hobbit movie, which won't open until Christmas of that year!  ;D

Oh my God!! Even the Chinese predicted it. That's three different groups. I won't be looking foward to 2012, that's for DAMN sure. :P

Something terrible is bound to happen with all of these different people predicting the same year. >:(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2009, 12:04:30 pm »
The Chinese calendar apparently predicts it, too.  There's a special on the History Channel about it that I've seen a couple of times.  Eek!  :o

Apparently, Earth will line up with the center of the galaxy around mid-December 2012, creating Lord knows what kind of magnetic pull and possibly touching off mega-disasters.  This is upsetting.  I hope this doesn't mean I'll miss the second Hobbit movie, which won't open until Christmas of that year!  ;D

Yes, I've heard this about 2012 too.  Yikes!

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2009, 12:59:14 pm »
Oh my God!! Even the Chinese predicted it. That's three different groups. I won't be looking foward to 2012, that's for DAMN sure. :P

Something terrible is bound to happen with all of these different people predicting the same year. >:(

At the end of the TV special, after doing their best to scare the bejeezus out of viewers, the voiceover guy admits that the coincidence of dates in all those cultures could just signify the end of a cycle and also a new beginning.  So think positive, folks!  ;)

Here's a link I found that gives me hope that I may yet see "The Hobbit II":

http://www.universetoday.com/2008/05/19/no-doomsday-in-2012/
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 02:22:07 pm »
Talking about digital clocks......So many times, far too many times for it to be a coincidence, when I look at the time on a digital clock, it seems to be 11.11 or 1.01 or some other combination of ONES.

I can even be asleep and wake up, and for some unknown reason look at the clock, and so many times it is a combination of ONES.

I dont know whether it is a good omen or a bad omen.

Something similar happened to me Sue. About 5  years ago I kept waking up exactly at 4:17 am. This happened for about a week. Every single night I would wake up at 4:17 and I had no idea why it was happening. Then suddenly I stopped doing it. I found it very alarming while I was doing it. It was pretty creepy.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009, 02:25:02 pm »
At the end of the TV special, after doing their best to scare the bejeezus out of viewers, the voiceover guy admits that the coincidence of dates in all those cultures could just signify the end of a cycle and also a new beginning.  So think positive, folks!  ;)

Well a new beginning COULD be a very good thing! Maybe like an age of enlightenment perhaps. Still yet, I'm not looking forward to 2012. It sounds like something is going to happen, and I don't like not knowing what it is. :P

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2009, 06:10:47 pm »
I voted yes, I don't like taking chances.  I had a phase when I could not sleep past 3.00 am. I took tablets, no coffee,you name it, but I would always wake up somewhere between 2.45 and 3.00 am. Not only that, it is a horid time to be awake.It seems like the whole world is asleep except for you.

Since I have been working as a cashier, I also hate 6-6. When it rings up on the till, I always change it P.D.Q.See I   can't even type the numbers.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2009, 07:47:22 pm »

Yep.  I really wouldn't worry.  Yes, the Mayans predicted the end of one era and the beginning of another in 2012, but they also believed the gods needed blood sacrifices to make the sun rise each day.  Obviously they were wrong about that, why not this?  Plus, Nostradamas was predicting events well into the year 3000 c.e., so have a little faith.  I'd be more worried about the NEO flyby in 2030.  ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2009, 08:00:35 pm »
I voted yes, I don't like taking chances.  I had a phase when I could not sleep past 3.00 am. I took tablets, no coffee,you name it, but I would always wake up somewhere between 2.45 and 3.00 am. Not only that, it is a horid time to be awake.It seems like the whole world is asleep except for you.

Since I have been working as a cashier, I also hate 6-6. When it rings up on the till, I always change it P.D.Q.See I   can't even type the numbers.

If I get that number (666) when they ring me up I'll buy something extra. I don't like that number either. :P