Author Topic: Kerry's Gallery  (Read 64986 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Kerry's Gallery
« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2009, 09:51:16 am »

A plate of madeleines for the Proust painter

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2009, 01:24:16 pm »

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2009, 10:20:30 pm »
well I like it...it isn't as 'finished' as your later pics but you can see glimmers...I like how bold and abrupt the colors are..raw...

I just noticed the wedding rings...

Yep, those dang wedding rings.   ::) How does that song go? "It should've been mee-ee!"   :'(  It wouldn't be the last time this would happen to me. What is it about me that makes men want to run off and marry women? Don't answer that!   ;)   ;)   ;)   :laugh:
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2009, 10:25:52 pm »
I can see the despair in this hand,  interesting the presence of the wedding rings.
Have just listened to the three videos featuring the music by Tchaikovsky, part 2 is the one I like best.

Part 3 is my favourite. Why? In a word - Orgasmic!  ;D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2009, 10:49:58 pm »

A plate of madeleines for the Proust painter

Ooh, Clarissa, those madeleines look absolutely scrummy! And I love the dainty little teacup too. Shall I pour?  :)

”I raised to my lips a spoonful of the tea in which I had soaked a morsel of the cake. No sooner had the warm liquid mixed with the crumbs touched my palate than a shudder ran though me and I stopped, intent upon the extraordinary thing that had happened to me. An exquisite pleasure had invaded my senses, something isolated, detached, with no suggestion of its origin…this new sensation having had on me the effect which love has of filling me with a precious essence; or rather this essence was not in me, it was me.  I had ceased now to feel mediocre, contingent, mortal.  Whence could it have come to me, this all-powerful joy?  I sensed that it was connected with the taste of the tea and the cake, but that it infinitely transcended those savours, could not, indeed, be of the same nature.  Whence did it come?  What did it mean?  How could I seize and apprehend it?”  From the Overture to Swann’s Way, Volume I of In Search of Lost Time, by Marcel Proust.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2009, 10:52:39 pm »

Excellent match, Paul. Amazing resemblance.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #166 on: May 22, 2009, 01:56:33 am »

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 02, 2009, 11:46:02 pm »
This painting was commissioned  by my dear friends, David and Craig, and makes up part of their private art collection. They own three of my paintings. The brief they gave me was to paint a bold, eye-catching abstract to hang in their new apartment. Drawing upon my past experience as a calligrapher, I decided upon a bright, textured background upon which their names were inscribed in copperplate script. The title “Gloria in Excelsis David” (Latin – “Glory to David in the Highest") alludes not only to David’s Irish Catholic heritage ("Gloria in Excelsis Deo" from the Mass), but also to the potentially fatal condition afflicting him when this picture was painted in the 1990s. We feared he might be taken from us at that time. Dreadfully ill though he was, David never lost his wonderful sense of humor; hence the gallows-humor reference to his heavenly “in the highest” situation. David is now responding well to new medication and is presently in excellent health.

“Gloria in Excelsis David” is painted in oils on canvas and is 120cm x 90cm  (4ft x 3ft).

My challenge to you is to find the names of  “David” and “Craig” within the composition of the painting.  Can you see their names?

It may be necessary to scroll over --> to see the entire image.

“Gloria in Excelsis David”

“Gloria in Excelsis David” - Detail

And this is my portrait of David, himself. It is painted in oils on canvas and is 61cm x  51cm (24in x 20in).

“David”

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2009, 05:04:00 pm »
God, I'm a useless art critic.

I like the paintings but in the abstracts I see something very pretty but not necessarily the things behind it. Ive tried but failed to find David and Craig!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

injest

« Reply #169 on: June 03, 2009, 07:11:25 pm »
This painting was commissioned  by my dear friends, David and Craig, and makes up part of their private art collection. They own three of my paintings. The brief they gave me was to paint a bold, eye-catching abstract to hang in their new apartment. Drawing upon my past experience as a calligrapher, I decided upon a bright, textured background upon which their names were inscribed in copperplate script. The title “Gloria in Excelsis David” (Latin – “Glory to David in the Highest") alludes not only to David’s Irish Catholic heritage ("Gloria in Excelsis Deo" from the Mass), but also to the potentially fatal condition afflicting him when this picture was painted in the 1990s. We feared he might be taken from us at that time. Dreadfully ill though he was, David never lost his wonderful sense of humor; hence the gallows-humor reference to his heavenly “in the highest” situation. David is now responding well to new medication and is presently in excellent health.

“Gloria in Excelsis David” is painted in oils on canvas and is 120cm x 90cm  (4ft x 3ft).

My challenge to you is to find the names of  “David” and “Craig” within the composition of the painting.  Can you see their names?

“Gloria in Excelsis David”

“Gloria in Excelsis David” - Detail

argh...I THINK I see a Dav...

love the glittery thing and the moon! Is the painting on its side, Kerry? I see your sig on the side there..