Author Topic: Kerry's Gallery  (Read 65017 times)

injest

Re: Kerry's Gallery
« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2009, 07:12:51 pm »

And this is my portrait of David, himself. It is painted in oils on canvas and is 61cm x  51cm (24in x 20in).

It may be necessary to scroll over --> to see the entire image.

“David”

I am beginning to id your paintings from the eyes! this is very interesting, I have a question but I will take it to Pm so as not to show TOO much of my ignorance... ;)

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2009, 05:45:07 am »
God, I'm a useless art critic.

I like the paintings but in the abstracts I see something very pretty but not necessarily the things behind it. Ive tried but failed to find David and Craig!

Kerry, I can only echo what Kelda said.
BbM, I swear

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 11, 2009, 03:00:23 am »
This is my most recent painting, completed just a couple of months ago. It is unashamedly influenced by Piet Mondrian’s palette of elementary, primary colours and also by the strict, geometric grid that is so representative of his style. It differs from Mondrian in that  the design of this painting is perhaps even more minimalist than a painting by  him and also in the impasto application of the paint, which differs from Mandrian’s flat fields of paint and hard-edge line.  I love the work of Mondrian. He is one of my favourite modern painters. I hope this humble offering of mine will be seen as a tribute to him, rather than as an act of plagiarism. Certainly, I readily and openly confess to his influence. I call my painting “Seaside Folly.”  It is painted in oils on canvas and is 25cm x 20cm (10” x 8”). It may be necessary to scroll to the right to see the complete image.

And here is where it hangs above my desk at home. This photo was taken today (scroll to the right to see complete image):

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #173 on: June 11, 2009, 05:23:34 am »
It's lovely to see where you type from Kerry! And so neat and tidy.... you put me to shame!

I love this new pic - I just saw it in on fb. I love that you do all sorts of different types of generes of art... not one or another.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 11, 2009, 09:03:22 am »

I'm a bit of a neat freak, Kelda.   8)

Glad you like the painting. Yep, I like to experiment with lots of different styles.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2009, 01:29:07 am »
Yet another “Ecstasy of Saint Teresa.” Again inspired by the Bernini sculpture of the same name, this painting is rendered in oils on canvas and is 120cm x 90cm (4ft x 3ft).

Painted within the composition is this image of the Regina Coeli, a traditional Roman Catholic representation of the Virgin Mary, crowned as Queen of Heaven. It is deliberately painted in such a way as to give the impression that it is collage, adhered to the surface of the paint. It is, in fact, painted within the composition.

Also within the composition is a representation of another madonna and child. This time, not THE Madonna and Child. Rather, it is a painted copy of a photograph of me and my mother.

Here’s the original. I can remember this photograph being taken. I was 4 and Mum was 43. It was late in the afternoon and I can still distinctly remember how displeased I was about having to squint into the bright sunlight while this photo was being taken. Despite that, it is one of my favourite pictures of Mum. I remember she was holding my hand, in an endeavour to get me to wave at the photographer, a family friend. I can even remember the colour of Mum’s dress. It was green. Mum was very fond of green.

Cross section detail:

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #176 on: June 18, 2009, 03:21:48 am »
Hi Kerry,

The Bernini's sculpture seemed to have had a big impact on you. May I ask you why you added the two small paintings, the meaning behind it?
The pic with you and your mother is really beautiful, you look like her very much.
BbM, I swear

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2009, 04:48:12 am »
oooh! I love this one!! And the little photos..
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2009, 11:26:39 pm »
Hi Kerry,

The Bernini's sculpture seemed to have had a big impact on you. May I ask you why you added the two small paintings, the meaning behind it?
The pic with you and your mother is really beautiful, you look like her very much.

Again the angel has been transformed into a spiraling beam of light (fairy dust), which has its beginning and end where the two mother and child images are located at the top and bottom of the painting. It circuitously envelops (caresses) Saint Teresa in the process.

This picture was painted not long after the death of my mother and I was in deep mourning at the time. It seemed appropriate to me that I should include an image of my own blessed mother in a painting which incorporated also an image of  the Blessed Virgin Mary. Specifically, of the Regina *Coeli - the Queen of Heaven. Heaven, where my mother now resided.

Saint Teresa of Avila was a member of the Carmelite Order of the Catholic Church, an Order with which I also have close links. The Carmelites are a Marian order. That is, their primary devotional focus is on the Blessed Virgin Mary, hence her image within the composition. The fact that both blessed mothers are incorporated within the same painting and are mystically  linked by the transfiguring band of light (angel) joining them, probably has more to do with the depth of my  own mourning at the time, rather than with any legitimate, or otherwise, interpretation of Roman Catholic catechetic doctrine.

* (pron, Chay-lee)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2009, 11:31:16 pm »
oooh! I love this one!! And the little photos..

Glad you like it, Kelda. It's one of my favourite photos of my Mum.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν