Author Topic: OK, so who else is thinking of leaving then?  (Read 28151 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: OK, so who else is thinking of leaving then?
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2006, 07:17:20 am »
i come here really for the people - less for Ennis and jack these days!

Hiya Kelda!

Same here.   E&J will always be in my heart, but now I think I keep coming to BetterMost to connect with my kindred BBM pen-pals.       Well, seeing the occassional picture of Jake and Heath posted doesn't hurt either!   

;)  David

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2006, 08:32:03 am »

Well, seeing the occassional picture of Jake and Heath posted doesn't hurt either!  

;)  David

Pictures of jake are never a bad thing in my book david!! and heath.. well put it this way I wouldn't throw him outta bed either! However, I would be likely to tie Jake to the bed... not heath.. I'd let him run off back to Michelle!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2006, 10:18:06 am »
Hi there everyone.  If I was to answer this question a few weeks ago, the answer would have been that I was leaving.  Actually no, it wouldn't have be an answer at all because I wouldn't have the words to say so, or the courage.  You see, like many others around the world (seemingly) I fell into an emotional black hole a few weeks ago, and with complete sincerity I can say that I was convinced that I wouldn't make it back.  The plan was simple; I would just slip quietly into obscurity.

But before you jump to any conclusions, I say to you now that I'm not leaving.  I also want to reassure you that the problems that I have been facing have not been related to BetterMost, and especially not the very public "this place has changed so I'm leaving" announcements that certain members felt that the rest of us needed to hear.  Well to borrow a common English expression: "Bollocks"!  In fact I'm very annoyed that they would be so selfish.  I loved them more than they will (now) ever know, but they put their own self-important grand-standing above everyone else's feelings, labelled themselves victims of a cruel world, and then fell on their own swords.  I know they were hurting, but that's no reason to take the rest of us down with them.  To them and anyone who takes their lead I say: shame on you.

There is only one reason that I write all this tonight and that is to plead with you all, and through you, to everyone that you encounter on this site, if you think that it's time to leave, think about carefully (to be sure) but if you must go, then go in peace and don't let the door swing shut and hit you on the arse as you leave.  We have a responsibility, just by being here, to be above all that shit, and I for one don't care to see anyone using this community as a tool for their martyrdom.

All the best, Chris.

P.S. Please excuse my language and strong feelings on the issue.
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2006, 12:53:57 pm »
Very well put, Chris. My sentiments exactly. :-\

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2006, 01:17:14 pm »

P.S. Please excuse my language and strong feelings on the issue.

No - no excuses needed, so no excuses to you, from me, for you, for anyone...  No excuses required here.  Well put I think.  I still think this is a place where we are tyring out our best selves, and sometimes we do better than others, but the intention is still there.

{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2006, 01:23:24 pm »
Hey, Chris, I'm glad you are here again, and I hope that you are escaping from your emotional black hole.

I came close to leaving, too, because I thought I was done with BBM. But I wasn't. So I'm back.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2006, 01:23:54 pm »
Weight Training

This is a giant block of whatever is most difficult for you to carry & trust me on this, you'll carry it more times than you can count until you decide that's exactly what you want to do most & then it won't weigh a thing anymore.

~ Brian Andreas ~

Everything's changing now for so many of us, and that's really as it should be.  But my fondness for the sweet intensity of just a short while ago lingers....
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2006, 01:52:31 pm »
I am still here, hopefully for a very long time. 

My husband asked me how come my BBM fever still has not died after 7 months.  The truth is BBM will always be part of me, but I don't need to discuss or analyze it everyday now.  What keeps me here is this group of wonderful, caring people that I get to know here.  Maybe I am never a die hard fan of BBM as some here, but I am a die hard fan of this group.  You guys keep me coming back everyday, regardless if I feel high or low that day.

For the friends that we thought left us, may be this place isn’t right for them at times for whatever reasons, but I know they didn’t stop caring.  I saw some candle lit for Chris by some old friends, some with no name on it, but behind every candle, there is a caring soul that never really left us. Give them some time to work out their issues, they may be back, may be not.  But the time we spent here, the joy they gave us, the heart they shared with us will never be lost.

To Friendship…

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2006, 08:00:45 pm »
Well said Chris.....my sentiments exactly, and glad you are back here.....i am an newie compared to a lot here, but I think this board is fabulous.

And if anyone needs any reminder of just what kind of people are here....go have a look at the thread which has been following the surgery and then the devasting illness that has befallen our moderator Chris....(now called...Chris is Awake)......

If anything shows the kind of people on this board, then reading thru that thread, certifies the feelings, emotions, caring and compassion of the people who are here, and I for one am very very proud, that I can call myself a member of such a society.

We all came here because of our love and emotions of a wonderful movie, and of course we still want to discuss Ennis and Jack, but it has gone way beyond that, way way beyond that, and we are now a "family", like sisters and brothers.

You know, I have often wondered what came first "the kind of people we are now" or the "movie".......and I have come to the conclusion that we were always "the kind of people we are now", we have all probably had that caring, compassionate nature in our life forever.......the movie, and this board, just gave us a way of expressing it to more people, gave us comfort in opening up our hearts and thoughts and gave us the opportunity to meet so many others who felt the same way as we do.

If you havent read the posts on the "Chris is AWAKE" thread, go now, and read them....it not only follows the apalling illness that Chris is enduring, but you will see, like I have, what a wonderful fellowship of people we have here.

If ever the aussie term, "fair dinkum mates", ever applied, it sure does here....

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2006, 08:40:10 pm »
I am still here, hopefully for a very long time. 

My husband asked me how come my BBM fever still has not died after 7 months.  The truth is BBM will always be part of me, but I don't need to discuss or analyze it everyday now.  What keeps me here is this group of wonderful, caring people that I get to know here.  Maybe I am never a die hard fan of BBM as some here, but I am a die hard fan of this group.  You guys keep me coming back everyday, regardless if I feel high or low that day.

For the friends that we thought left us, may be this place isn’t right for them at times for whatever reasons, but I know they didn’t stop caring.  I saw some candle lit for Chris by some old friends, some with no name on it, but behind every candle, there is a caring soul that never really left us. Give them some time to work out their issues, they may be back, may be not.  But the time we spent here, the joy they gave us, the heart they shared with us will never be lost.

To Friendship…

Thanks for this wonderful post, Jenny

And Katie, too. We are showing what we're made of with this week's events. Forget Texas, don't mess with Chez Tremblay!

;D Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."