Author Topic: OK, so who else is thinking of leaving then?  (Read 27961 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: OK, so who else is thinking of leaving then?
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2006, 01:19:23 am »
I'm here, even if it means peeing in the sink (which girls can do, we just have to turn around to do it).  And remember, like Ennis does, to turn the water on first.

You know, there is some stuff on BetterMost I'm just not interested in, and people I may not ever choose to hang out with, but BetterMost is plenty big enough for all of us.  And though there may be occasional incivility, Jesus H, ain't nuthin' compared to all the lovely chat, and dignified discourse, and witty repartee, and goldurn wonderful foolishness that I love so much.

You are my Little Darlins.

Clarissa
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 10:42:08 am by Ellemeno »

Offline maggiesmommy GayLee

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Twist was in his dreams.
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2006, 01:50:10 am »
I think that I have heard a resolve creep in between the lines of your posts. Yesterday I was pretty confused.  Reading around on the boards and knowing something was up and not being able to figure who said what to whom and why it was so bad..i have had my nose in my watergarden and work and haven't been here too much the last few weeks, so maybe i missed something, and truly i'm glad i did, cuz...its not my problem to worry about or solve...isn't there enough tension "out there", isnt there enough strife, enough fear, enough parinoia, enough mean spirited people who REFUSE to agree to disagree...isn't there just too many people who take everything too seriously and go off in a huff and write others off with no chance of redemption?? I for one think so...and I don't want anyone to interject those things here, where i have found my Brokie soulmates in many of you...i echo what   JC says...NO WAY would I leave here...no way, you work through your troubles, you just turn your back on the incivility, refuse to participate IGNORE it, and it will not touch you...
i too commit to be here more and to get to know more of you...thats how we will stay strong and overcome the temptation to bicker and act like children.....
Jeff, you won't leave, you can't quit us....we need you here on the mountain...truly...In my day...that was the Peace sign...all hippy peace and love....those were the good old days....someday these will be too....
I'll quote...ENOUGH.....lets head on back to the mountain, make a daisy chain, toke up, drink up and have a good old LOVE IN!!! ::)
GayLee
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 01:53:18 am by maggiesmommy »
It is not the Number of Breaths We Take that number our days
Rather the Moments that Take our Breath Away

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2006, 01:56:14 am »
My mom once sat on a sink in the ladies' room of Burke's restaurant and the sink broke off the wall.  Boy was she mortified.  Good thing she was not attempting a piss, just chatting and putting on lipstick and stuff.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2006, 02:18:54 am »
By Jeff Wrangler
I'm sure I'll manage to torque it back almost to where I've been. There's no news here, really. 

Thank goodness!!  :P  :-*

(This is TMI, but I did manage the sink maneuver in a pension in Germany once, where the bathroom was a mile away and it was the middle of the night.  But that was many years and many pounds ago.  I'd probably rip the sink out of the wall if I attempted it now.)  :laugh:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 02:23:05 am by meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2006, 04:24:48 am »
I am most definitely here. Only next week in particular I won't be here (going out of town). So if you don't see me for a while, it won't be for any big dramatic emotional reason. It will be because my Super 8 doesn't have internet access.

I will be back in a week, posting like LaShawn on fast-forward.

Katherine

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2006, 06:03:04 am »
Yes you will Katherine, and I can't wait to see & hear all about your new exploits.

Don't know if I can promise the same, but I am borrowing a digital camera to (hopefully) record a few images of the scenery during my trip into the Canadian Shield, as I too will be gone for nearly a week. (sorry for the temporary pause in posting of hot guys on "Anything Goes"). For sure Isabelle I'll be back after that to continue where I left off.

BTW barb, if you like, I'll look for a ciggy cowboy for ya. :D
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline David

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2006, 06:30:24 am »
So when I get back, I'm gonna make it a point to be on more and hopefully get to know some of the newer people that I don't know yet.  And rest my weary head in the laps of those that I do know...   :-*
Juan

Juan,  I love it when you talk dirty like that!   Woo Hoo!   ;)

Have a great time guy!   We'll be here for ya when you get back from the mountain.   :)

Offline David

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2006, 06:34:08 am »
And Jeff Wrangler,  y'all had better come back after your Holiday.      At least saddle up, grab yer binoculars and ride on up to the mountain for a look at whats going on.   Maybe you'll get an eye full like Aguirre?    ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2006, 06:44:51 am »
My mom once sat on a sink in the ladies' room of Burke's restaurant and the sink broke off the wall.  Boy was she mortified.  Good thing she was not attempting a piss, just chatting and putting on lipstick and stuff.

Burke's restaurant...back when I was a brand new nurse, working evenings at Johns Hopkins Hospital...we'd go there after work for a drink and onion rings. Man, they had the most fanstastic onion rings...do they still? This was almost thirty years ago.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2006, 09:58:02 am »
This thread is making me laugh out loud at about every post.  Woooo-eeee, I love you guys.  (Sarah, my brother recently told me a story about a woman who broke a toilet off the wall of a restroom in a bar, and not because she was too heavy - it just wasn't attached very well.    :o )

And yes, Roland, I would *deeply* appreciate a ciggie cowboy emoticon if you can rustle one up.   :D
No more beans!