Author Topic: OK, so who else is thinking of leaving then?  (Read 28231 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: OK, so who else is thinking of leaving then?
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2006, 11:16:19 am »
Many thanks, Roland.   :-*
No more beans!

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2006, 11:22:43 am »
Neato, Maine!

Burke's Restaurant is still going strong by the way, although I've never actually been there.  I just think "that's mommy's sink restaurant" when I pass it, which is about three times a week.

One category of my recurring dreams is bathroom-fixture malfunctions and mishaps, and this overlaps with another category, which is being caught with my pants down in a bathroom.  For example, I'll be looking for a bathroom stall that has a locking door and a decently clean toilet -- stall after stall, maybe wandering into another, less frequently used part of the bathroom, perhaps, in search of a toilet.  I'll find one, whip down my pants and get ready to do my business, when suddenly the stall walls fall away, or I realize I made a mistake and the toilet is in the middle of a sales floor in a department store, or it's in a MEN'S room.  I can't stay there on the toilet, but I can get up because my pants are down!  This happens over and over again.  Occasionally I decide to take a bath or shower, and something similar happens.  And fixtures that won't turn off -- like I decide to draw a bath for myself in a house that isn't mine, and I come back to the bathroom and the water is about to crest over the lip of the tub --- total horror.

By the way I hope y'all realized that telling sinks mishaps is my way of saying I'm staying.  I don't have a lot, but I have my dreams, memories, reflections.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2006, 11:38:38 am »
Awww, this is certainly a heartwarming thread!  It's very reassuring to hear all of you say you're stayin' around.  You're all stuck with me for a long time to come.  I can't imagine leaving BetterMost.  It's now thoroughly part of my daily routine and I don't know what I'd do without all the good Brokeback discussions and good friends.

:D :D :D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2006, 11:48:57 am »

Not to get philosophical or anything ... :P, but the way I see it is, there is a time to come and a time to go.  As much as we would all love to be here forever, some of us will come to a time when we feel it is time to move on, just because it's time... that is inevitable.

What counts to me is making the most of the now that we all got goin' here. ;)
I too have made some great friends here and continue to get to know more people.
This here is a great cyber-community and all in all, it's a sweet life and I'm lovin' it one day at a time!  :-*

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2006, 12:18:22 pm »
First, I love your dreams, Sarah, and how you tell them.

Second, this place is so much what we make it.  There's no sphere of human activity without some drama from time-to-time.  Different folks feed off of different energies, so it's pretty predictable that there will be eruptions and changes.  I don't see some massive change reflected here - just a few people caught up in a drama of their own making.

But this isn't a forum defined by anyone but ourselves.  It's our own participation that shapes the conversations, interactions, and meaning.  It's easy enough to create something here if you want it, or disappear if you don't.  There are new voices emerging and old ones growing quiet ~ just like real life. 

We know how much we've come to mean to each other in our own ways, in our own spheres, and how we need that to continue or not.  I make no pronouncements here other than to say this is a community that still has relevance in my life.  How and why keeps changing. 

But I'm not too worried about what that means.  For all the changes in my life over the last 6 months, I continue to enjoy pulling up the rocking chair on the porch here, having a cup a coffee and a piece a cherry cake with y'all, and just hanging.  And sometimes I have something to say, and sometimes I got nothing.  But it seems fine either way.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2006, 01:07:00 pm »
I go weeks now where I read more than I write.  I have even gone 48 hours or so in a row a couple of times where I didn't log on at all.  But no one's gonna love it like us, no one else, I can see....

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2006, 01:21:32 pm »
hi, everyone.  i'm trying to get up to date with what's going on but boy have i missed a lot.

anyway i just wanted to send a quick shout to say i'm not going anywhere, i just get distracted easily because there's so much going on in my personal life, but if i'm gone for a while... i'll be back.  i swear!
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2006, 01:30:53 pm »
ca restera comme une lumiere
qui m'tirendra chaud dans mes hivers
un petit feu de toi qui s'eteint pas.

There will remain like a light
who will hold me warm in my winters
a small fire of you who does not go out.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2006, 02:30:24 pm »
Um, I ain't 'goin' nowhere'...  :D

I don't even know what happened, nor do I really care to know.  All seems kinda 'High School' to me.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2006, 03:05:34 pm »
Awww, this is certainly a heartwarming thread!  It's very reassuring to hear all of you say you're stayin' around.  You're all stuck with me for a long time to come.  I can't imagine leaving BetterMost.  It's now thoroughly part of my daily routine and I don't know what I'd do without all the good Brokeback discussions and good friends.

:D :D :D

DITTO!

It seems that our paths do not often meet on this board, but I want you to know that I love reading your posts. Always very insightful and warm. Just lovely.
Any chance you might attend our Euro Brokie meeting in September, in London? ;D
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"