Author Topic: The Tea Poll  (Read 15786 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The Tea Poll
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2009, 08:43:50 am »
I'm more of a hot chocolate person for a heated beverage, but not with hot milk, which usually makes me sick to my stomach for some reason. 

Lactose tolerance issues? Any problems with cheese or ice cream?

Uh, how do you make hot chocolate without hot milk? Surely you don't drink that vile instant stuff. ...  :o
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2009, 08:56:31 am »
I voted other but now I should really change it to tea with milk aince you added that but I dont think I can!

Anyway, I am also a big tea drinker.. and its certainly still a popular drink in the UK, even with the young uns
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2009, 09:21:39 am »
That's a nice teapot collection ! :)  My Mom and Dad collect teapots too.  My parents only display them.  There's only one teapot that they actually use for making tea... but they own dozens of teapots.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2009, 07:10:10 pm »
Sue, nice teapot collection, but who is that strange man hiding under the table?  Is that the tea fairy?

Its my cowboy coffee table.......

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2009, 08:25:54 pm »
That is a beautiful teapot collection Sue! I love the copper ones. :)

Love your table too!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2009, 09:46:25 pm »
Its my cowboy coffee table.......

That's very impressive, Sue.   But, why do you put your teapots on a coffee table? 

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2009, 10:01:11 pm »
That's very impressive, Sue.   But, why do you put your teapots on a coffee table? 

LOL.......well, you see, I dont usually have all those teapots on the coffee table....I have them all around the house, and I just put them on the coffee table to take a photo of them.

But a good question.....why do we call those small tables we have in the loungeroom, a "coffee table"...?? When I know mine has never been used for coffee.

Do you call them "coffee tables" over there.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2009, 10:04:29 pm »
Do you call them "coffee tables" over there.

We sure do.  Although mine is usually used for cocktails!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2009, 12:16:01 am »
My Mother always loved pottery. In the last couple years of her life she decided to take pottery classes at the local art center. She really enjoyed those classes and she was the first to admit she wasn't very good at it. But she had fun and I suppose that is the important part.

Anyway, I'm always coming across a piece of pottery she made tucked away somewhere at Dad's house. A couple of days ago I found a little teapot Mom made just a few months before she died. I found it in a box inside a cupboard. So, since this is the tea poll, I thought I would take a couple of pictures and share it with you. :)

The teapot is very tiny - about 5 inches tall and 6 or 7 inches from the spout to the handle.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2009, 12:26:34 am »
My Mother always loved pottery. In the last couple years of her life she decided to take pottery classes at the local art center. She really enjoyed those classes and she was the first to admit she wasn't very good at it. But she had fun and I suppose that is the important part.

Anyway, I'm always coming across a piece of pottery she made tucked away somewhere at Dad's house. A couple of days ago I found a little teapot Mom made just a few months before she died. I found it in a box inside a cupboard. So, since this is the tea poll, I thought I would take a couple of pictures and share it with you. :)

The teapot is very tiny - about 5 inches tall and 6 or 7 inches from the spout to the handle.

well I like it! you can see some Native American influences there..