Author Topic: The Tea Poll  (Read 15689 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: The Tea Poll
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2009, 01:13:47 am »
I adore your Mum's teapot, David. How wonderful that you have something so intimate to remember you mother by; something made with her very own hands. I love teapots. There's something so merry about them. They're happy little things. And this teapot is no exception. I love the shape and the rustic glaze too. It can't have been easy to fashion and shape. I imagine your Mum would have modeled all the sections separately; the body, spout, lid and handle; before joining them, prior to firing in the kiln. Though I know nothing about pottery, I imagine that would be quite a complex process. By comparison, I would guess fashioning a simple bowl would be quite simple. Though I have some very precious mementos of my own mother, including a jumper she knitted for me not long before she passed away, I do not have anything like this lovely teapot to treasure. I think you should make a nice pot of tea in your Mum's teapot, David, and drink a toast to her.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2009, 03:40:19 am »
Your mum's teapot is lovely David.

Treasure it........
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2009, 05:37:30 am »
Your mum's teapot is lovely David.

Treasure it........

I'm with Sue thats a treasure David

It made me smile reading your tea making instructions Kerry, I can still see my Mum doing that even though it was some years ago

As for me, I will drink tea if I am at someones house and theres no coffee, but I'll have it black.

If I drink tea at home (which is pretty infrequent cause we have an expresso coffee machine) I'll have a fruit tea. My favourite is grape and pomegranite

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2009, 04:29:07 pm »
I found it!!

I've been busy cleaning out the cupboards (again!) and I found the little teapot from my youth. This was Mom's teapot and she used it quite a bit. It is porcelain and it has raised flowers across the top. I remember seeing this teapot when I was little, and at some point in time Mom must have safely stored it away. I'll bet it's been inside that cupboard for 25 years or more. I'm not sure if it was handed down to her or if she bought it. It has "England" stamped on the bottom.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2009, 08:03:06 pm »
I found it!!

I've been busy cleaning out the cupboards (again!) and I found the little teapot from my youth. This was Mom's teapot and she used it quite a bit. It is porcelain and it has raised flowers across the top. I remember seeing this teapot when I was little, and at some point in time Mom must have safely stored it away. I'll bet it's been inside that cupboard for 25 years or more. I'm not sure if it was handed down to her or if she bought it. It has "England" stamped on the bottom.

That's a beautiful teapot, David. You should use it to make yourself a nice pot of tea occasionally.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2009, 01:30:50 am »
That's a beautiful teapot, David. You should use it to make yourself a nice pot of tea occasionally.  :D

Thanks Kerry! :-*

Yes, I will probably use this teapot. First I have to find some tea sold loose and not in bags. I've found that loose tea is fairly difficult to find around here. Nearly everyone uses teabags here in the Midwest. We have a place close to here called the Fashion Mall. They probably sell loose tea in one of the stores in that mall. The next time I'm out that way I will go in there and check. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.