Author Topic: To Welcome new Aussies....  (Read 19805 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
To Welcome new Aussies....
« on: July 17, 2006, 01:06:33 am »

I hope you dont think I am being too presumptuous starting this thread, but I am hoping for a bit of an influx of new members to this board from Australia.

You see, while all of you in America, have been able to buy the dvd, for the last few months, we have had to wait a bit longer....but the day is close.....

BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN DVD.....RELEASE DATE.....20TH JULY, 2006

So because I think a lot of Aussies will see the movie for the first time, once they rent it out or purchase it, Im sure there will be some, who will be baffled and and feeling like "what is happening to me"...like we all did....and I hope that they will come in search of a message board such as this.

It will be interesting to see what happens, over the next couple of weeks.....

Meanwhile....if any Aussies do see this thread, and need some answers to what you are feeling, look thru the threads here, and talk to us, we will be here to share your thoughts and emotions.......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: To Welcome new Aussies....
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 01:09:22 am »
On the other hand, Aussies have been able to see Our Heath starring in Candy already!  Something some of us in other parts of the world are having a hard time waiting for.  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 01:15:33 am »
I hope you dont think I am being too presumptuous starting this thread, but I am hoping for a bit of an influx of new members to this board from Australia.

You see, while all of you in America, have been able to buy the dvd, for the last few months, we have had to wait a bit longer....but the day is close.....

BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN DVD.....RELEASE DATE.....20TH JULY, 2006

Oh my God, Katie! They haven't released the DVD in Australia yet?

Why is this? I have always thought this was incredibly unfair. They shouldn't release a DVD in one place and make others wait.

It just doesn't seem fair at all to me.   >:(

But I do join Katie in welcoming any new Australian Members!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline wolf

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 02:10:17 am »
Can't claim to be a newbie, but am definitely Australian 8)

Have been wondering the same thing about the coming release date - what sort of 'fallout' are we going to see here?  Will be very interesting, to say the least!

Meanwhile, yes it is very sucky that release dates are staggered.  All it does is fuel the pirate industry (which I'm not complaining about, but still!).  I bought my copy via Amazon back in March and got it on April 8, but even waiting that long was close to torture  ;D.

Cheers to my fellow Aussies

W

Offline dannyboy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 03:52:20 am »
i'm australian too and I think the dvd release date here sucks  >:(  i haven't even seen brokeback since it left the movies so i'm keen as

welcome new aussies! throw some snag on the barbie and grab yerself a tinnie from the esky  ;)

can anybody whose not aussie read that i wonder  :P

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 04:53:24 am »
First of all, I am interested to know where in Aussie you are, wolf and danny boy....I am in Maryborough,Qld.....near Hervey Bay.....

Yes, I too was lucky to have a friend with a pirate copy of the dvd so have had one since April.....actually it had just come to the local theatre at the same time as i got the dvd, but I had seen it at Hervey Bay a few weeks before that....I was told that if I bought one overseas it wouldnt work in my dvd here.....apparently the one you got wolf, worked ok.

"Candy" hasnt come to any theatres up here yet, but I have read many stories about it, and would like to see it.

I am still going to buy a new copy of the dvd, cause I want the proper cover....and I am also in luck, because my son is friends with the lady at the video shop, and she has promised me one of the big posters they have up on the wall for BBM.

Maryborough is a very conservative town, when I rang the video shop back in April, to see when it would be released, they told me then, that they had considered NOT getting it in....do you believe that.....I told the bloke he would be very sorry if he didnt....

You know, I feel like making up some little notes to slip inside the videos on the shelf telling people, if they are affected by the movie to look up Bettermost on the internet....

Something I am going to do though......I'm going in there on the 20th, just to see how many copies are gone out for rent....think a lot of the locals, might feel safer watching the movie at home, so I will just check it out...it is so hard to believe, that a movie that has nearly taken over my life since March, hasnt even been seen by so many people.....How could they be missing out on such a masterpiece.....

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 11:19:07 am »
throw some snag on the barbie and grab yerself a tinnie from the esky  ;)

I think that means put some sausauges(snag) on the BBQ/grill(barbie), and grab a beer(tinnie) from the cooler(esky)!

;D ;D ;D
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 03:47:36 pm »
Wow Celeste, I didn't know you were bi-lingual!  :P

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 03:55:59 pm »
welcome new aussies! throw some snag on the barbie and grab yerself a tinnie from the esky  ;)

I'm not quite sure what Danny said but somehow I picture somebody throwing a barbie doll with a snag in it's hair while reaching for a tin can in..... a something or other...  ???

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 03:58:18 pm »
Celeste -

I missed your translation. Sorry about that.

Is that really what it means?  :)