Author Topic: "Sometimes I miss......  (Read 9632 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: "Sometimes I miss......
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2006, 11:29:59 pm »
Randall may have been just an option to Jack which may be why me mentioned him to his folks out of frustration with Ennis. "it never came to pass".

My thoughts exactly.  One other thing, why would Randall leave LaShawn to live with another man?  Randall must have been aware of the risks of such an arrangement in that day and time.

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2006, 11:38:46 pm »
My thoughts exactly.  One other thing, why would Randall leave LaShawn to live with another man?  Randall must have been aware of the risks of such an arrangement in that day and time.
Maybe he wanted some peace and quiet and was willing to take any risk. Ha Ha Ha! And maybe that was the ONLY reason Randall asked Jack to the cabin!

I do agree with what you said.

I still think that the "I miss you...." was early on in that last campout.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 11:16:22 am by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline Noviani

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Best Love Story of All Time
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2006, 09:24:32 pm »
Wow, thanks, JP.  Most people think I'm crazy, argue me down when I say there is not enough evidence to support Jack having an affair with either laShawn or Randall.  The absolute brillance of this movie lies in the ambiguities, IMO.  We can talk about it (and I'm sure we will) until the end of time and still we will be presented a different POV.  Hope I'm making sense.

I stand on your side littlewing and JP.

i think the only affair (if that is one) that Jack did was mexico, mostly either on need or revenge when Ennis turned him down after the divorce.

don;t think he will play around with other man or woman.

we are talking about a guy who drove 14 hours or so 2-3 times a year and rotating his life around that.

"Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it..."

I finally found an Indonesian-translated version of BBM short story!!!!!
Ye-haww!!

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2006, 11:09:30 pm »
I aways thought since he said it, and I think wouldn't lie to Ennis, that he really was having  a thing with the ranch forman's wife. Just don't think Jack was the one that started it.

Mark
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline Noviani

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Best Love Story of All Time
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 08:28:40 pm »
Oh ya.. i forgot about this (the ranch wife).. how can i!!

well, jack has always had this need...so maybe it's a way for him to take off the tension. but i don't believe it's more than that.

in some ways. Ennis still had intimate moments with Alma before it was turning cold for good. 

BTW, off topic, i just watched Jar head. nothing much to say, Jake is playing other character but i can't help the warm sensation when i heard him saying " it's allright... it's allright" on one scene.
"Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it..."

I finally found an Indonesian-translated version of BBM short story!!!!!
Ye-haww!!

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2006, 01:25:53 am »
Scenes progress ijn chronologiacl order. there is no way the night before the last morning coukd be anyhing but the night before the last morning. If it were, it would be the ONLY scene out or chronological order. Except for the one flashback.

"Tell you what" does not precede a confession; it precedes a strong statement of ones own feelings. In both Jack's and his father's speech.

"the truth is..." means, "I am now changing the subject to a real one."

I think...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2006, 01:49:43 am »
Scenes progress ijn chronologiacl order. there is no way the night before the last morning coukd be anyhing but the night before the last morning. If it were, it would be the ONLY scene out or chronological order. Except for the one flashback.

I disagree. It wouldn't cahnge the chornological order if it  were the 2nd or 3rd nite like I maintain.They just didn't and had no reason to show the days in between.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2007, 01:41:07 pm »
Ever wonder what Ennis meant when he said he was "putting the blocks" to a woman who worked part-time at the Wolf Ears Bar in Signal? Here's a scene of a Ford truck on blocks that I saw as I was going home on Friday. It seemed to epitomize my life at that point--up on blocks waiting for a major overhaul! The truck was parked next to a ramshackle brick building with windows "blocked" with sheet metal, and there was an overgrown garden in the back. I was inexplicably drawn to the place and had to pull over, whip out my camera, and click away even though somebody might run out with a tire iron any minute! But nobody did.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2007, 02:11:07 pm »
From early on in my Brokeback "obsession" I've found that this scene, the one that ends with "sometimes I miss you so much..." is the most painful one of them all for me to watch.  Knowing how each truly feels for the other, knowing all that goes unsaid between them there, knowing what lies ahead...... that scene just kills me. Sometimes I skip past it because it's so painful to watch.
Out of all I read, this i agree with the most!
It is gut wrenching to see Jack lay himself out emotionally that way to no reaction from Ennis but silence.
I don't know if he had an affair or with whom, I just know he was hurting, A LOT!
However, I think the departure scene and the Dozy Embrace are worse. Knowing that the last time they were together they fought. I can't imagine what Ennis goes through when he finds out jack is gone!
Oh SHIT! Here I go bawlin at work  :'(

"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2007, 03:30:14 am »

Oh sweetie,,,{{{{{{{{{{{{huggs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}  im sorry.   Take a break,, touch up your make-up,
and dive back in....buck up little buckaroo.....it does get better.

Beautiful mind