Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery  (Read 198043 times)

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery
« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2006, 03:24:53 pm »
Cher and Lureen's pasties, you guys are killing me!

By the way, Monroe will not be the only one missing the coming weekend. In fact, he, JBB, Alma Jr., the Peeing Sheep, Mika the Musical Mule, the Props Magician and Owl Olivia have been called to London for an important meeting. Sigh. I guess, if you can't fix it, you gotta stand it, folks!  ;D

Hey, my votes (one each from Terry Cloth, Cher, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, and let us not forget the nauseous Toad) -- poor Whitney can't vote from rehab -- are that the Euro Brokies find some internet cafe and wreak some delightful collective havoc on the PT!  Surely you have time in your, um, important meeting schedule!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:47:16 pm by alec716 »
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2006, 03:36:03 pm »
By the way, Monroe will not be the only one missing the coming weekend. In fact, he, JBB, Alma Jr., the Peeing Sheep, Mika the Musical Mule, the Props Magician and Owl Olivia have been called to London for an important meeting. Sigh. I guess, if you can't fix it, you gotta stand it, folks!  ;D

What a colorful gathering! 

JBB will surely slather her way into everyone's make-up bag..
MIKA will sing her lil mule-ish heart out for anyone who dares to listen ..
Ms Spanky .. are you taking your magic wand with you?  You never know what emergencies may arise ..
Especially if Owl Olivia decides to drop unidentified 'objects' on peoples' heads ..
And too bad WarshRag won't be there to soak up any puddles Peeing Sheep leaves behind ..  ;D

What amazing Brokie fun it'll be!

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2006, 03:41:04 pm »

Yeah! And wait until Monroe and Mule Mika will land in New York next weekend to meet the High Priestess, Low Startle Point Horse and Lureens Pasties!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #163 on: September 14, 2006, 03:49:01 pm »
AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggh!

Finally, one of Monroe's bona fide real scenes appears, absolutely pivotal in terms of his characterization - and the poor actor (that is; me) won't be here!

I'll be off the net for nearly two weeks - by no means letting BBM in the lurch as I'm meeting up with Brokies several times in several places..... but I don't think I can manage to be Monroe in the "Ennis delivers the kids to Alma at the store" scene.

**sniff**

I suppose anyone who feels like stepping into Monroe's shoes, please feel free.

I've been building up to this scene so I figure I can let you have the summary of what I was planning would happen; - the "Condiments" slip of the tongue was supposed to make poor Monroe completely frantic that he'd exposed his culinary leanings and endangered himself to someone who beat down two wonderfully gastronomic bikers, after all, and who in Monroe's view surely must be a "Cibophobe".
And since Monroe doesn't get to see just who ruins the peanut display, he'll of course think it was Ennis, flying into a rage. After all he's seen Ennis lose it before, and the peanuts diisplay is his (Monroe's) special creation, which Alma thought well of and said so. Poor Monroe will wonder why the peanuts went flying - was it because Ennis suspects Monroe's feelings for Alma? Or doesn't he like peanuts? Or was it the "condiments" being mentioned that made him react with rage? Monroe will simply be a nervous wreck after Ennis innocently drops the girls off, having no idea of the significance of either "condiments" nor peanut displays nor Monroe's many worries and fears..... 
Which might be the message such as it is - that very often we worry far too much about stuff that doesn't really exist except in our own mind - or at least we make our worries grow unneccessarily.

I'm sure there would have been crazy, funny detours in every direction and probably Monroe would be in dire need of various new therapy sessions including ones with the divine Ms. C - but alas! Unless Jack and Lureen keeps their current  car action going for another 2 weeks.... I can't act Monroe in the next scene.

Good luck to whoever takes over Monroe in the meantime! He's fun to play with - do what you want with him on the PT while he's yours.  :)

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!   Now what're we gonna do, hunh?  I just now saw this.....    :'( :'( :'( :'(

and  I am at stinky work for another six f'n hours.....  GDBOAUS....

??? ??? ???

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2006, 03:58:21 pm »
maybe I'm humor impaired or something, but I can't follow the plot.

Could someone please let me know when I am supposed to do a scene?  No offense, but I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing with CHER in this plot.  I can't stand that chick, or the stupid wigs.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #165 on: September 14, 2006, 04:12:48 pm »

Could someone please let me know when I am supposed to do a scene?  No offense, but I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing with CHER in this plot.  I can't stand that chick, or the stupid wigs.

Hello Louise ... I am disappointed that you feel the need to be publicly negative about that which you do not enjoy.  I have not made any comments anywhere on BetterMost about anything that I do not happen to enjoy.  Part of the beauty of the collaborative humor on the PT is that everyone plays in the way that he or she most enjoys, and others laugh as the spirit moves them.  Please have fun in your way and do not seek to inhibit others who enjoy the PT in different ways.  As with any thread, you can just skip over parts which do not appeal to you.  Happy posting! -- Alec
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 04:14:51 pm by alec716 »
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #166 on: September 14, 2006, 04:15:10 pm »

Hey Louise -

Maybe someone can tell you when you're on (if anyone else is paying that close attention to the original plot), but we all just jump in and move forward as inspired by the original plot as well as all the other stuff going on...  

Don't worry either - it doesn't matter even a little if you like the other stuff going on.  We're all learning to be sooooooooooo flexible with our expectations.  This is a work of great improvisational genius - ain't no reins on this one!!!!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #167 on: September 14, 2006, 04:20:50 pm »
Hello Louise ... I am disappointed that you feel the need to be publicly negative about that which you do not enjoy.  I have not made any comments anywhere on BetterMost about anything that I do not happen to enjoy.  Part of the beauty of the collaborative humor on the PT is that everyone plays in the way that he or she most enjoys, and others laugh as the spirit moves them.  Please have fun in your way and do not seek to inhibit others who enjoy the PT in different ways.  As with any thread, you can just skip over parts which do not appeal to you.  Happy posting! -- Alec

Hear Hear!  I wish I could write like that!

Jane
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #168 on: September 14, 2006, 04:22:47 pm »
And a humble warshrag shall lead 'em.  ;D :-*
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!