Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery  (Read 196775 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery
« Reply #230 on: September 23, 2006, 03:19:53 pm »
Ok..we are about to embark on the SUpermarket scene at last...
Umm...who is our Monroe for the moment folks?  :)

May I respectfully suggest:  Mikaela will be back online on Wednesday, and though she is okay with a Monroe-of-the-Moment, she would be ever so happy to still have the supermarket scene for herself.  We do have other topics to explore, namely Jack and Lureen's wedding and the (suddenly very strange) drama surrounding Guy and Lucise (beautiful consummation, Daniel and Milli!).  Maybe we could wait a little?
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #231 on: September 23, 2006, 03:31:05 pm »
I don't mind waiting for Monroe ..umm MIKA .. I suppose other plots/subplots can go wild till then  ;)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #232 on: September 23, 2006, 03:38:52 pm »
I don't mind waiting for Monroe ..umm MIKA .. I suppose other plots/subplots can go wild till then  ;)

Subplots going wild?  I wouldn't know about that..... ;)

Thanks, Milli  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2006, 05:01:57 pm »

Hot love scene, Guy and Lucise! Wow!  ;D

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #234 on: September 23, 2006, 05:05:01 pm »
Why, thank you Miss Spanky!   8)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #235 on: September 23, 2006, 05:06:38 pm »
The Owl and her Warshrag-husband certainly didn't achieve anything like that!  :laugh:

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #236 on: September 23, 2006, 05:26:21 pm »
The Owl and her Warshrag-husband certainly didn't achieve anything like that!  :laugh:

If ya hadn't a nipped me so hard with that durn sharp beak a yours!  ;)  xo
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #237 on: September 23, 2006, 07:56:11 pm »

I would also like to say that I am not very happy with the object rape of Guy's character. I know some people find this funny, but I personally did not.

Dear Daniel

"OBJECT RAPE"?!  C'mon Sage, I really think you need a day's excursion away from the computer and into the real world.  GET A GRIP 101!  In all honesty, please stop taking yourself so seriously.  You really are getting a little scary with all this.  I don't understand why you are so adverse to people playing with your character. Guy is not a real person and is subject, as is every other character, to the teasings of all players.  We already have one of the most romantic love scenes ever to be imbedded in celuloid with BrokeBack Mountain.  The PT is simply for laughs.  Please don't confuse the two.  Now I am going back to torment Guy a little more.   :P ::) :-X :-*

« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 09:46:02 pm by YaadPyar »
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #238 on: September 23, 2006, 08:26:35 pm »
hey Ray, never mind tormenting Guy... how about stealing a few of Cher's gowns and wigs and give her something to do?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #239 on: September 24, 2006, 01:04:25 am »
Dear Daniel

"OBJECT RAPE"?!  C'mon Sage, I really think you need a day's excursion away from the computer and into the real world.  GET A GRIP 101!  In all honesty, please stop taking yourself so seriously.  You really are getting a little scary with all this.  I don't understand why you are so adverse to people playing with your character. Guy is not a real person and is subject, as is every other character, to the teasings of all players.  We already have one of the most romantic love scenes ever to be imbedded in celuloid with BrokeBack Mountain.  The PT is simply for laughs.  Please don't confuse the two.  Now I am going back to torment Guy a little more.   :P ::) :-X :-*

I merely stated an opinion... It is apparent to me that we have differing tastes in what is humorous. But because I don't find object rape humorous I'm not in the real world, I don't have a grip, and I take myself too seriously?

I never said that Guy should be free from the teasings of all players. As a character on the PT he can of course be teased by anyone. Just as he can freely respond to something that makes no sense for his personal experience as a dream or nightmare. I seem to have missed the rule which stated that love scenes could not be imbellished on the PT, perhaps you could point it out to me, and I will gladly edit my posts, as will I'm sure everyone else who's gone in that direction. I continue enjoying the Performance Thread, and the firemen bursting in on the sex scene was indeed humorous, and devastatingly unexpected. The humor ended for me when that experience became invasive and degrading, not because it was Guy who was the subject of it, but because it was a representation of a human being.

Torment Guy all you want. I find it humorous when people mock his psychological frailties, and I am often doing the same thing by exaggerating various mannerisms in his character. But I don't think the Performance Thread should be the place to dream up torturous treatments.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.