Author Topic: Crouching Sensibility Hidden Meaning  (Read 12671 times)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
Crouching Sensibility Hidden Meaning
« on: July 18, 2006, 06:50:33 am »

Did I miss something?  What a load of crap!  PUHLEeeease!  Thank Gawd Ang discovered cowboys!  Nice mountains.

~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
Re: Crouching Sensibility Hidden Meaning
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 09:35:48 am »
 ;D I can see how the non-Asian audience might go "hunh?" but I loved that movie. I grew up reading the stories and watching these kinds of films. The martial art sequences were just beautiful to watch.

*edit- spelling
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 09:24:51 pm by starboardlight »
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 09:58:22 am »
Try it again when you're in a different mood Ray! It's a great movie. Maybe this will help: Jen is Ennis and the Mongolian guy is Jack. The comb is the shirts. Does that help??
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 10:32:13 am »
;D I can see how the non-Asian audience might go "hunh?" but I loved that movie. I grew up reading the stories and watching these kinds of films. The marshall art sequences were just beautiful to watch.

OMG, I love martial art stories, and watches many many martial art movies.  They have martial art stories in Thai, Nipith?  Or you read them in Chinese.  :o

EDIT: For spelling.  Thanks, Leslie!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 10:49:24 am by JennyC »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 10:42:08 am »
I loved this movie and I'm not Asian. I have to say, though, I don't remember any marshall arts sequences. Martial arts, maybe?  ;)
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 10:45:40 am »
Hmmm - Chris and I were talking about this movie just yesterday, and he assured me I was completely strange (althought I don't think he was so kind in his assessment of me) for not liking it.  But I didn't.   Didn't dig the story, didn't dig the martial arts, didn't dig any of it.  Don't want to try again either. 
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 10:47:54 am »
I loved this movie and I'm not Asian. I have to say, though, I don't remember any marshall arts sequences. Martial arts, maybe?  ;)

That's right, going back to edit my post.  :P

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 12:01:38 pm »
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, Ray!  Loved it.  I'm a sucker for those balletic fight sequences with all the pretty colors and stuff.  Plus, being an Ang movie, it actually had some intelligence thrown in. 8)  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 09:21:55 pm »
OMG, I love martial art stories, and watches many many martial art movies.  They have martial art stories in Thai, Nipith?  Or you read them in Chinese.  :o

EDIT: For spelling.  Thanks, Leslie!

they were translated to Thai. as well as the movies dubbed to Thai. There are some Thai martial art, but nothing as spectacular as Chinese.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 09:25:22 pm by starboardlight »
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 09:22:40 pm »

he he. yeah, that's what I meant. typing too fast before coffee and all.  ;D