Author Topic: Gay Detecting Radar  (Read 16303 times)

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
Re: Gay Detecting Radar
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2006, 12:20:52 am »
Barb & Lynne -

Quote from: Lynne on Today at 11:49:27 am
Now, see that's ENTIRELY different - I rationalize that as complete fantasy, myself  .  But I daresay that if Jake were an awful actor or dumb as a rock or came across as a total jerk, we wouldn't be nearly as obsessed with him sexually.

BINGO!  There are plenty of (almost) equally physically attractive actors out there who meet one or more of those other criteria and as such don't do a thing for me.  He does everything for me because he's the entire package, the real deal, the whole nine yards...  He's just got it goin' ON.  All of it.  All the time.  Did it just get hot in here, or is that just him?  ;) 

So, I won't be seeing either of you over on the "Hot Cowboy" thread?  Y'all just don't know what you're missing... ;)

But, in all seriousness, I think if someone is attracted to someone else, either over time or initially, they do fantasize that they have a shot even if in all reality it is ridiculous.  So if a straight (male or female) was attracted to someone gay or vice versa, they would generally, without conscious consideration, be disappointed to find out that person is not available to them. 

And, I think you will find it does occur vice versa. 

Sorry to continue travelling down this distant OT road.  AND, I agree that Jake appears to be the whole package - hope that's not just a fantasy.
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline ekeby

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2006, 12:32:50 am »
I think maybe the original question should have been "are wives looking at their husbands differently?" and wondering if they maybe have had hidden bbm relationships. Especially the ones that go hunting and fishing!

Re gaydar: As I get older, I find it works less and less well. Especially with young people. People under 30, forget it. Unless they have an OGT (obviously gay trait)--I have no clue.
I complain too much. That teacher don't like me. Now it's your turn.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2006, 08:59:14 am »
Barb & Lynne -

So, I won't be seeing either of you over on the "Hot Cowboy" thread?  Y'all just don't know what you're missing... ;)

But, in all seriousness, I think if someone is attracted to someone else, either over time or initially, they do fantasize that they have a shot even if in all reality it is ridiculous.  So if a straight (male or female) was attracted to someone gay or vice versa, they would generally, without conscious consideration, be disappointed to find out that person is not available to them. 

And, I think you will find it does occur vice versa. 

Sorry to continue travelling down this distant OT road.  AND, I agree that Jake appears to be the whole package - hope that's not just a fantasy.

OK, so it's true - I am just weird.  ;)  And I don't think it's just a fantasy.
No more beans!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2006, 03:18:37 pm »
OK, so it's true - I am just weird. 

OMG Barb - why be normal...we've got plenty of that already!  Can't imagine that's worth aspiring to.

;)
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2006, 03:24:45 pm »
OMG Barb - why be normal...we've got plenty of that already!  Can't imagine that's worth aspiring to.

;)

Don't worry - it's not that I mind or anything.  In fact I'm rather proud of it.  :)
No more beans!

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2006, 09:53:18 pm »
And I don't think it's just a fantasy.

I don't think so either, but then I've been fooled before (well, maybe I just fooled myself, really  :( )
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2006, 09:11:10 am »
I don't think so either, but then I've been fooled before (well, maybe I just fooled myself, really  :( )

As have I.  But look at it this way - now we're both too jaded to not see the forest for the trees.
No more beans!

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2006, 09:33:09 am »
Quote from: YaadPyar

Quote from: ednbarby
Don't worry - it's not that I mind or anything.  In fact I'm rather proud of it.  :)

Guys! Or should I say girls! You make me laugh!

I'm with you on this - why be 'normal'? Boooring! I've always liked and been attracted to the crooked, the weird, the crazy, the underdog! Fascinating.

Re exoressuib - I don't really like the word 'queer' either. Though with the shows like 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy' etc, it does make that word a little more 'acceptable', if I may say.

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2006, 06:18:37 pm »
AND, I agree that Jake appears to be the whole package - hope that's not just a fantasy.

Several folks have mentioned Jake being the "Whole Package", but not Heath.  Why?  Is Heath a jerk or a player or something in real life?  What's the scoop?

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2006, 06:34:07 pm »
Several folks have mentioned Jake being the "Whole Package", but not Heath.  Why?  Is Heath a jerk or a player or something in real life?  What's the scoop?

I think firstly the fact that Heath is with Michelle, and seems to have settled into family bliss, maybe makes him less attractive, or should I say less "available".....and lets face it, he does dress a bit weird sometimes.....

Now Jake.....pure sex appeal, no matter what he is wearing or is'nt wearing...mixes with the fun crowd, always smiling, seems very adventurous and open about himself.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection