Author Topic: Fanfiction by Helen (1_of_one on LJ)  (Read 54430 times)

Helen

Re: Fanfiction by Helen (1_of_one on LJ)
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 03:00:33 pm »
Hi folks! :)

As of Tuesday 1st August I'll be on a two-month trip to the USA. During that time I won't be updating any of my series.

I had hoped that before leaving I would have at least another chapter of both Modern Way and Some Sweet Life ready and up for your enjoyment. Alas, I've been so busy with preparing for the trip, and also dealing with some unexpected family stuff, that I haven't been able to do so.

I can't promise that I'll be able to add anyone to the Modern Way filter either whilst I am away. When I get back I intend to remove the filter and let anyone read the series. The lovely Sheera has betaed all the previous chapters and I will be revising the current entries then posting, probably weekly, to Wranglers and BBSlash.

Whilst I am in America I'll be visiting Mineral Point, the setting for Some Sweet Life, so readers will be able to enjoy some extra realism there - and also some pics of various locations. :)

So please don't worry folks, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth and deserted my stories!! Ennis, Jack, Uncle Harold et al will be back in the Fall.

Helen xx

mvansand76

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 07:44:30 am »
Oh Helen, how can you do this to us?

;)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 08:17:38 am »
If ya can't fix it, ya got ta stand it!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Helen

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 08:41:59 am »
Oh Helen, how can you do this to us?
;)
If ya can't fix it, ya got ta stand it!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry  :'(

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 02:40:58 pm »
Happy birthday, Helen, off in fanfic heaven!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Helen

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 08:44:25 pm »
Thanks so much!!  Sorry I haven't been able to get in touch before now...!

I am currently in Wyoming *grin* visiting the Tetons and other places.  Then on Monday I'm off to Calgary for a few days *bigger grin*

At the end of next week I will be in Wisconsin doing some recceing for Some Sweet Life.

Thanks for the good wishes, and I'm looking forward to getting back to writing!!

Helen :)

mvansand76

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 07:08:09 am »
Thanks so much!!  Sorry I haven't been able to get in touch before now...!

I am currently in Wyoming *grin* visiting the Tetons and other places.  Then on Monday I'm off to Calgary for a few days *bigger grin*

At the end of next week I will be in Wisconsin doing some recceing for Some Sweet Life.

Thanks for the good wishes, and I'm looking forward to getting back to writing!!

Helen :)

That's a lot of big grins!!!  ;D Have fun, Helen!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2006, 07:29:25 am »
hey Helen!  By now you would have met up with June ... I hope the two of you are having great fun.  I saw some pics of the barbecue in San Antonio but you didn't look very happy... hope things have improved!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 05:06:42 pm »
Helen, dear, how were your travels?  And now that you're back, will you be updating soon for us?

I heard your time through Wisconsin wasn't the greatest... sorry about that... I went to school in Madison... anyhow would love to hear about it if you feel like blabbing!

=)
Kelly
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Helen

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 06:46:37 pm »
Hi kelly :) - yeah, Wisconsin wasn't the best experience, I had a couple of minor disasters coupled with migraine, exhaustion and just had to get on a plane home at the first opportunity.

I will be updating soon.