Author Topic: Fanfiction by Helen (1_of_one on LJ)  (Read 54057 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Fanfiction by Helen (1_of_one on LJ)
« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2007, 04:46:14 pm »
**SPOILERS**

Oh my God ~ this was a hard read  :'(  It's all just one big mess now  :(  And my heart breaks for both of them  :'(  Damn those insecurities of Jack  :'(  God, and he was so so happy; looking forward to cooking and being together and sharing a bottle of wine... Well, all I can do now is hope for the best for both of them *sigh*
I absolutely adored the tune Jack was whistling and the reference to the Dozy Embrace   :)

The closing lines were so beautifully sad:   

Jack squeezed his eyes shut so tight that they hurt, keeping the tears inside, not letting them escape, because once a drop or a trickle escaped the floodgates would open and they would come flooding out, and he didn't know how he would ever stop them if that happened. What had he just done? He was a mess, always had been always would be, and now he'd just f***ed up the best thing that had ever happened to him. Ennis was right, sorry wasn't enough, never would be enough. Jack knew that he'd just thrown away the most important thing in his life; thrown it away because he just couldn't believe deep down that anyone would put him first. But Ennis had done, and he'd told Jack he loved him. And what had Jack done in return; just f***ed it all up. "I love you too," he whispered into the palms of his hands, but Ennis would never hear him.

*SAD SIGH* I really need the next update. Beautiful writing H  :)  Thank you   :-*

Oh and I loved the song choice for this chapter.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2007, 09:20:12 pm »
off to read!! Yay!  :D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

one_of_one

« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2007, 06:43:27 am »
Here we are everyone...Chapter 18 of This is the Modern Way

http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/41656.html

Epilogue will be next week. :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2007, 09:01:02 am »
**SPOILERS**

THANK YOU SO MUCH H for ending my favourite fic so beautifully   :)  It made my entire day, knowing this sweet Jack and Ennis are safe and together again   :)  And whoooohooo for Jack not taking the coke! Thank fuck for that  I am SO proud of him! I was really scared he'd snorted it for a second  :(

Your opening lines were wonderful, I got sucked in immediately! Aw and that poor guy!  ;D   I would have crossed the street too!   ;D  I too was so frustrated at Ennis losing the way! and was so relieved he ran into Lureen and I was feeling so utterly sad for Jack  :'( These lines were hard to read but so lovely too:

He was slow as he walked, his mind hooking onto memories of him and Ennis; feeding ducks at the park, the night they met in the bar, waking in the mornings sometimes with Ennis holding him, wrapping Jack in his arms as if to protect him from all that was bad in the world

These lines were sweet perfection, it's just how I imagined it would be if they got back together again. So lovely, so so sweet. Such gorgeous writing H: 

"Ennis?" Jack swung off the bed, looked him up and down, a smile hesitating to form at the side of the mouth. "What are you doing here?" He held out a hand, tentative, unsure.

Ennis stepped up to him, brushed trembling hands down Jack's arms. "Why didn't you answer the door? I thought...I thought..." He trailed off, pressing his forehead against Jack's. He continued in a ragged whisper. "Jesus Christ, Jack.."

Jack closed his eyes. "I never expected to see you again, thought it must be someone looking for Paul or one of the other guys."

Ennis could feel Jack trembling, or maybe it was both of them. "Oh god." He wrapped his arms round Jack, squeezed him tight against him and felt soft breath against his hair. They stood like that for a long while, Ennis breathing in the very essence of Jack, the Jack he thought he'd lost with every unanswered thump of his fist against the front door.

At this point we still didn't know if Jack had snorted the coke or not and I was just so utterly relieved he hadn't and I LOVE your Ennis for trusting Jack and believing in him. That's what Jack so needs and he'd better start believing in Ennis now too  :)

Jack was on top of him again, their mouths touching, hands grabbing at shirts, searching out skin. "Yeah," Ennis whispered. "Celebration it is."   

BEAUTIFUL story ending *SIGH*  :)  SO much to celebrate .... the beginning of their new life TOGETHER.  :)   I'm so happy now  :)  MW has been one hell of a ride; so many ups and downs and I've LOVED every bit of it. I have loved the WONDERFUL way you have written this, so much, and have cared, loved and cried for your Jack and Ennis all the way. So once again, thank you H, for this gorgeous, sweet and wonderful ending. You are such an amazingly gifted writer and have entertained us with so many beautiful stories for such a long time now and that's just absolutey brilliant   :-*

Really looking forward to the epilogue   :)

:-*

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2007, 05:39:25 pm »
I was going to leave feedback about how wonderful Helen's story, "This is the Modern Way" is but I can't think of anything that Bigheart hasn't already said! Thanks, Helen.
cc33 / Leslie

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2007, 01:20:23 am »
I was going to leave feedback about how wonderful Helen's story, "This is the Modern Way" is but I can't think of anything that Bigheart hasn't already said! Thanks, Helen.
cc33 / Leslie

Ditto, June leaves the world's best comments!

I love this story so much and I am so sad to see it end  :'(

Thanks for sharing your talent with us Helen!!  :-*
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2007, 06:46:07 am »
Aww Mandy!  :-*

one_of_one

« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2007, 03:51:12 pm »
Hello peeps :)

The epilogue of Modern Way will be along in a day or two; I've been delayed by a couple of RL problems.  My plan is to have two epilogues in fact!  one detailing the end of the story, and the other, well, a lack of plot features highly in the other part, unless you count two horny men with filthy minds and high sex drives as being a plot... 

:d)

I'm taking special requests for that part; if anyone wants them to get up to anything in particular just let me know on here, by PM or comment anonymously on the last post of my LJ.  Anything goes basically, although I can't promise to be able to include it.  I'll do my best, though. :)  Let me know within the next day or two. :)

Helen :) XX

one_of_one

« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2007, 05:14:20 pm »
This is the Modern Way, epilogue.  No action, just Jack and his thoughts.

http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/42116.html

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2007, 06:20:19 pm »
Aww the very last chapter :( The very last time I'll be reading about your sweeeet and brave MW Jack and Ennis :( I know you're ready to let them go but it's hard for me; you know how much and for how long I've LOVED MW and especially your darling Jack *sigh* He's doing great now, isn't he?  :)

This was a WONDERFUL picture of their life together, with all it's ups and downs. Very realistic to me, how they really have to get used to being together all the time now. I'm very very happy to see that even though Jack hates the baby he still LOVES the wonderful life he and Ennis now share together. As you pointed out to me earlier, maybe when the baby is older and less demanding he'll be able to like it more. I hope so cause it's a huge important part of Ennis's life and I can see that this would piss Ennis off a bit.

YAY!! for Jack getting a better paid job and with LD's rivals too!!  :)

I just adore the image of them spending so much time together, FINALLY, making out for hours on end YUM!  :D LOVE LOVE LOVE all their wild passion. Love their movie watching and their snuggles on the sofa too *SIGH*  :)

I just love your characterisations of Jack and Ennis; Ennis as the calm, strong and reassuring one and Jack as the chaotic and impulsive one. It's spot on, always. And they are just so right and good for each other. I love them so much.
I also love that Ennis flushed away Jack's weed. I believe that in time, with Ennis's love and support, Jack will be able to stay away from drugs completely.

THANK YOU H for giving them this life together. I know it's not going to be a bed of roses but they are finally TOGETHER and have a place together, jobs and Jack is thankfully getting there too.  :)
I LOVED this and am VERY VERY sorry to see it end, truly, even though you ended it beautifully ♥ Your last lines were really beautiful, I'll never forget that first time either in 'The Perfect Day' chapter :)

They came here a lot now, but Jack would never forget that first time when he'd brought Ennis and hoped something good might happen in his life for once.

And amazingly enough, it had.

A perfect ending  :)

I'm going to have MW bound and will treasure it, always. Thank you also for the dedication, it means a lot to me, I've loved helping you along the way  :-*
Chasing Cars has become an absolute favourite of mine  :)  I love it to death and it so suits MW.

:-*