Author Topic: Fanfiction by Helen (1_of_one on LJ)  (Read 54558 times)

one_of_one

Re: Fanfiction by Helen (1_of_one on LJ)
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2007, 04:18:44 pm »

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2007, 08:26:59 pm »
This chapter was so sweet - well of course it was Valentine's Day so it's an apt description. I'm so glad "we" get the weekend together.  ;) Leslie K

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2007, 03:42:02 am »
SO much loveliness, as always   :)  I could just feel Jack's nervous anticipation at getting back with Ennis again, you wrote that so wel. Aww to his sweaty hands and sick nervous feeling;  I can really get how he must be feeling. I swear, when he finally got there my hands were sweaty too! 
The whole trip up to Ennis's house was described so beautifully with such eye for detail - that's one of the things I so love about your writing - the description of the moors, the mountains and the sea was absolutely lovely   :)  Love how you had Jack watching the setting sun:

Jack closed his eyes, the disappearing rays of sunlight casting a golden glow across his face.

Lovely   :)

And Ennis's first reaction...that was just perfectly Ennis. You NEVER get them wrong. It's always just how it should be. And their kiss! Omg, so much passion and longing *swoons* 

This is so absolutely gorgeous to me *sigh* I'm just in Heaven that they are back together again:

Jack shunted himself off the settee and knee-walked over to Ennis, coming to rest behind him and wrapping his arms round his narrow waist. "I was so !@#$ gutted Ennis," he murmured into Ennis's hair, nuzzling at the back of his neck and resting his head on Ennis's shoulder     

Love LOVED Jack cooking and setting the table like that! And their gifts for each other were just perfect! Ennis's gift to Jack just squeezed my heart, how utterly lovely. I can just see him working away at it, night after night, just for his Jack    The ox symbol is perfect, so right  And the halter for Sage was the best idea ever! I loved Ennis's reaction, loved how perfectly you wrote that   :)
Their loving was wonderful, loved how Jack took charge like that. You know how I love a Forceful!Jack LOL  ::)  ;D

But I'm crushed now   :'(  Their first evening together and Ennis gets called out!!!!! *SIGH* Oh well....hope he gets back soon and I must say I do love him for doing this volunteer work  :)   Well done for thinking of this  :) Yet another thing I love about this story; it sure isn't predictable! Loved how Jack put the porch light on to welcome Ennis back; a truly lovely sweet little touch   :)  Jack putting the star back in the window was wonderful too   :)

SO looking forward to tonight!  This chapter will be on my mind for a long long time. I loved it. So much. Sometimes it's just scary how much!   :D

:-*  :-*  :-*

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2007, 09:52:52 am »
Jack shunted himself off the settee and knee-walked over to Ennis, coming to rest behind him and wrapping his arms round his narrow waist. "I was so !@#$ gutted Ennis," he murmured into Ennis's hair, nuzzling at the back of his neck and resting his head on Ennis's shoulder     

Oh June, I loved that line too... there were so many great ones in this chapter...

this story just does something to me that I can't describe. From the very first chapter it's been something really special. I love it Helen! There is something about the combination of your writing style, their almost isolation every time they are together, those lonely moors and the constant storm and the warmth of the fireplace, it just grabs my heart. I love it.
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2007, 01:40:35 pm »
Oh June, I loved that line too... there were so many great ones in this chapter...

this story just does something to me that I can't describe. From the very first chapter it's been something really special. I love it Helen! There is something about the combination of your writing style, their almost isolation every time they are together, those lonely moors and the constant storm and the warmth of the fireplace, it just grabs my heart. I love it.

..and I agree with all of the above!  :-*

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Some Sweet Life
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2007, 03:48:51 pm »
Afternoon.

Have read MW and GH and enjoyed both of them very much.  Different settings, different times, yet similar feelings and needs for Jack and Ennis to come to terms with. 

But, I need a SSW fix!! Want to see how Jack and Ennis of 1963 deal with being 19 in a new State, new commitment to each other, new responsibilities, new problems to overcome.  Looking forward to that. When can we expect it??!!

Thanks again for writing so much and so well.  You have a gift which we all appreciate.  Waiting patiently....

one_of_one

« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2007, 05:17:42 pm »

one_of_one

« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2007, 05:19:07 pm »
Link to fic status on all fics:

http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/42284.html

Sorry cwby30, there will be no more SSL  :(

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
SSL
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2007, 02:12:49 pm »
Mornin'.

With others, sorry to read that you decided not to continue with it.  But, it happens, and your other stories are very good.

Can you provide the link to the rewritten Chapter 6?  Would like to compare it to what I read before, so I can have the completed version. 

Thanks...and keep on writing!!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2007, 02:32:02 pm »

Ohh, mine too, Mandy! I'm completely in love with this story. And I admire and appreciate H so so much for writing it and spending so much time getting it as perfect as every chapter always is  :)