Author Topic: Fanfiction by Helen (1_of_one on LJ)  (Read 54394 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Fanfiction by Helen (1_of_one on LJ)
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2006, 11:49:45 am »
Hi! Yes, let's get back to good old English...  ;D

Uhm, I just read a bit of Modern Way, the first few lines and it's very AU, isn't it? VERY AU....Will I like this? I always like the stories that are not toooooo AU... Guess I just have to find out. I was kinda disappointed too when the writer of If I Asked started an extreme AU after that great story of hers...
Yes it is  :) but I thought you knew that?
I pretty much like everything, including AU!AU's   :)
OH, I'm completely in love with Amy's Shade of Grey!! Hehehe, we really have different tastes, don't we?
Hmmm, please give MW a chance, read 2 or 3 chaps and if you're still not really into it because it's too AU for your taste just stop reading it  :)

mvansand76

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2006, 10:13:20 am »
Hmmm, please give MW a chance, read 2 or 3 chaps and if you're still not really into it because it's too AU for your taste just stop reading it  :)

I will, definitely!  :)

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2006, 10:25:46 pm »
I will, definitely!  :)

Yes! Give Modern Way a chance!! I also didn't think I was into AU!AU but I love this one... also Amy's Shades of Grey... these two girls are making me seriously consider writing my own AU!AU when I'm done with my current...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2006, 04:50:09 am »
Yes! Give Modern Way a chance!! I also didn't think I was into AU!AU but I love this one... also Amy's Shades of Grey... these two girls are making me seriously consider writing my own AU!AU when I'm done with my current...
*excited squee*
Please do!
I'll read it f'sure, I really like your writing style  :)

mvansand76

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2006, 09:54:25 am »

I read This is the Modern Way and liked how it was written (very well, just as with Some Sweet Life), but overall, I did not really like the story line. Personal thing I guess.  ;)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2006, 12:30:39 pm »
I read This is the Modern Way and liked how it was written (very well, just as with Some Sweet Life), but overall, I did not really like the story line. Personal thing I guess.  ;)
That's okay Mel, at least you gave it a try  :)

Offline frannie

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2006, 06:05:13 pm »
I like this story.  It is very 1984.  I think it's the darkest of the AU!AUs. With my other two favorites - SOG and WandT - I am hopeful of a happy ending.  I wonder if this one is going to have a canon ending.  Jack doesn't look able to cope with a continued relationship with Ennis, not the way it is at present.  And the writer hasn't given us any reason to beleive that the two of them will make it.

I think Jack will become a drug addict and Ennis will not leave Alma, and then Jack will die from drugs.  Heartbroken.

And I will need a large box of tissues and some valium.

But the sex is good. 

mvansand76

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2006, 06:41:01 am »
Yes it is  :) but I thought you knew that?
I pretty much like everything, including AU!AU's   :)
OH, I'm completely in love with Amy's Shade of Grey!! Hehehe, we really have different tastes, don't we?

Hehehe... I just saw the post I made that you responded to about Modern Way and I also mentioned Shades of Grey and that I was disappointed that she started an AU!AU, but I gave SOG a try too, because I really LOVED IIA.... and now I really like it, it's such a riveting story, I am glad I gave it a chance!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2006, 07:34:49 am »
Hehehe... I just saw the post I made that you responded to about Modern Way and I also mentioned Shades of Grey and that I was disappointed that she started an AU!AU, but I gave SOG a try too, because I really LOVED IIA.... and now I really like it, it's such a riveting story, I am glad I gave it a chance!
I'm glad too Mel!

There's a SOG thread here on Bettermost, check it out!  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2006, 07:45:52 am »
I like this story.  It is very 1984.  I think it's the darkest of the AU!AUs. With my other two favorites - SOG and WandT - I am hopeful of a happy ending.  I wonder if this one is going to have a canon ending.  Jack doesn't look able to cope with a continued relationship with Ennis, not the way it is at present.  And the writer hasn't given us any reason to beleive that the two of them will make it.

I think Jack will become a drug addict and Ennis will not leave Alma, and then Jack will die from drugs.  Heartbroken.

And I will need a large box of tissues and some valium.

But the sex is good. 
Well, if she does that I'll definitely need to share your valium. I can't imagine that happening though.

OH yes, I agree, the sex is HOT!  ;D