Author Topic: Fanfiction by Helen (1_of_one on LJ)  (Read 54456 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Fanfiction by Helen (1_of_one on LJ)
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2006, 05:38:33 pm »
I didnt say you should change it, I just didn't know what it was!  (sounded dirty).  Actually I thought maybe you misspelled "washrag"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

one_of_one

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2006, 04:58:23 pm »
Chapter Ten: Lost in Despair

http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/30763.html

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2006, 05:23:22 pm »
excellent, Helen.  You are writing something that is completely original and goes very deep into the same psychology of Ennis and Jack that I believe the original BBM explored, only in a completely modern setting.  Brava!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

one_of_one

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2006, 05:35:57 pm »
Thanks Louise!  And thanks also for what you said about the last chapter too :)  I remember way back when I had the idea for this fic...just putting them in a modern setting and see what happens.  And funnily enough the world isn't much different really...but then people will always be the same, won't they  :)

H x

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2006, 06:08:02 pm »
yes, exactly.  And now we have the most inconceivable alternate realities... but really... turning the clock forward to where "gay" means something a little less radical, but still... we are faced with the same conflicts within Jack, within Ennis, and the personal strife each brings to their desire to be together.

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2006, 05:52:13 am »
excellent, Helen.  You are writing something that is completely original and goes very deep into the same psychology of Ennis and Jack that I believe the original BBM explored, only in a completely modern setting.  Brava!

I so agree Louise. You really don't need much more than this, do you? Just Jack and Ennis and Helen's beautiful way of writing about them.

:)

one_of_one

« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2006, 05:47:25 pm »

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2006, 11:40:22 am »
** SPOILERS**

*SIGH*

This chapter left me sick with worry for Jack  :(   I was like NO! Jack, please don't, please let that cell phone of yours ring so you might have the courage to stay away from that package in the cupboard 
I'm just reeling with the way Helen writes so much longing and despair into each and every chapter of this truly wonderful story. I'm amazed at her ability to be able to do this each and every time. I really feel their pain and loneliness and it cuts my heart out every time. These lines hit me hard:

He sank down to the floor, letting his head fall onto his knees, and wrapped his arms around his shins. Just call me, Ennis.

Ennis really NEEDS to be with Jack now, desperately, and if he doesn't do that soon I'm so afraid Jack will completely lose it  :(  I can't bear to even think about that. He doesn't belong with Alma anymore, he's barely hanging in there and I hope he'll come to realise this very very soon. I so wished he'd called Jack  :(  I can't wait for the next chapter, wish it was Friday already. I so wonder how that will go and what Alma will have to say to him! God, I almost wish Alma had found out he was lying about the over time, that way he might have been forced into telling her what was going on.....
I also love Helen's detailed and descriptive writing; the description of the bedroom, the colours - it's so....Alma lol I hated the plastic plant! LOL I love the attempted paper clip heart too, it's such a lovely touch. So sweet   :)
I really loved these lines too:

A mixture of heat and ice curled round his heart when he thought about Jack, a curious blend of tenderness and anguish.

I think this story is just overwhelming and again I'm amazed at Helen's ability to make me feel this way. I feel so much for her Jack and Ennis. I think her way of writing is absolutely beautiful and I can't thank her enough for this truly wonderful story. I'm always sad after reading one of her updates but I have faith she'll do right by 'our' two lovely boys.

Oh, I almost forgot ~ I also really love the song lyrics, they are so right for this chapter. I don't know the song  :(  I hope to be able to download it from the net somehow   LOL ~ will probably take me ages!  I really love and admire how carefully you pick and choose each song for each of your updates. It's great! I'm SO looking forward to that fanmix!   ;)

Thank you Helen, so much   :-*

one_of_one

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2006, 10:23:15 am »
http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/32733.htm

Chapter Twelve: Bitter Sweet Symphony

Hope you enjoy :)

H xx

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2006, 07:08:22 pm »
http://1-of-one.livejournal.com/32733.htm

Chapter Twelve: Bitter Sweet Symphony

Hope you enjoy :)

H xx

I always enjoy! That was such a good chapter  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73