Author Topic: Chris Threads Archive  (Read 137967 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Get Well Messages for Chris
« Reply #390 on: July 31, 2006, 08:57:58 pm »
Chris is a smart man, he knows who his friends are, he knows we love him and he will be so pleased and embarassed   to read all this but it's true.

That is very true Vic... especially about the embarassed part, LOL, Chris doesn't do well with sentimentality, but he'll love all of this anyway!

We love you Chris! I can't say it enough, you're the best of this board and it isn't the same without you  :) :'(
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #391 on: July 31, 2006, 09:47:51 pm »

We're holding onto you, Chris.  Keep getting better, dude.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #392 on: July 31, 2006, 11:06:08 pm »
Just got back from being away, and out of computer touch, for four nights. Yeehaw! I'm so happy to hear the good news!  ;D ;D ;D

We're all beaming health and strength and happiness your way, Chris!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #393 on: August 01, 2006, 02:24:32 am »
I played "Ave Maria" both on the violin and cello for you tonight Chris. I hope,  somehow you heard it.

Don't give up, buddy! We're all here for you.   :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

vkm91941

« Reply #394 on: August 01, 2006, 02:47:32 am »

You know what they say....A Smile a day chases the sickness away...Laughter is the best Medicine :laugh:

Chris if you're up to reading Greetings have Shea type a line or two here for you or send us word via PM that your feeling better, folks are getting ancy waiting, the waiting and no news for days is so HARD for your friends because we care about you buster... :-* :-* :-* VERY much!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #395 on: August 01, 2006, 03:28:00 am »
Hope the bright colors cheer you up some!   :-*

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #396 on: August 01, 2006, 07:21:15 am »

Chris, you better come back here soon! Ya know, we won't stop posting this silly stuff unless you tell us to!! ;D

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #397 on: August 01, 2006, 07:42:21 am »
To share in your love for movies Chris,   I popped a CD in my car radio of the Movie soundtrack for "Oceans 11".     Lovin the funky Jazz music and bits of dialog they have interwoven into it.   I had the BBM soundtrack playing earlier too of course! 
 ;D

vkm91941

« Reply #398 on: August 01, 2006, 11:40:12 am »
Here's your smile and a thought for today combined in one ( My brother told this to my Dad in the hospital last night) ;)

It is pouring rain in the flood plain of the Mississippi Valley, and the rising river begins to threaten all manner of private homes, including that of the local Rabbi.

With water coming into the ground floor, a rowboat with police comes by, and the officer shouts, "Rabbi, let us evacuate you! The water level is getting dangerous."

The Rabbi replies, "No thank you, I am a righteous man, who trusts in the Almighty, and I am confident he will deliver me." Three hours go by, and the rains intensify, at which point the Rabbi has been forced up to the second floor of his house.A second police rowboat comes by, and the officer shouts, "Rabbi, let us evacuate you! The water level is getting dangerous."

The Rabbi replies, "No thank you, I am a righteous man, who trusts in the Almighty, and I am confident he will deliver me."

The rain does not stop, and the Rabbi is forced up onto the roof of his house. A helicopter flies over, and the officer shouts down, "Rabbi, grab the rope and we'll pull you up! You're in terrible danger!"

The Rabbi replies, "No thank you, I am a righteous man, who trusts in the Almighty, and I am confident he will deliver me."
The deluge continues, and the Rabbi is swept off the roof, carried away in the current and drowns. He goes up to heaven, and at the Pearly Gates he is admitted, and comes before the Divine Presence.

The Rabbi asks, "Dear Lord, I don't understand. I've been a righteous observant person my whole life, and depended on you to save me in my hour of need. Where were you?"

And the Lord answered, "I sent two boats and a helicopter, what more do you want?"

The divine sent YOU a Real family & friends who love YOU, an on-line cyber family & friends who love YOU, highly trained Doctors, Nurses, technicians and Therapists who are all working hard toward your recovery AND a beautiful baby boy who needs and misses YOU his Daddy.  What more do you want?  Unless of course it is this biography  of the Lovely Julia, your avitar and dream girl, filled with BIG Ol color photographs and her filmorgaphy that I have just for you to oggle as you recover...as soon as I know where to send it...that is  ::) 

« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 11:42:46 am by vkm91941 »

vkm91941

Re: Lighting Candles and Prayers for Chris (merged threads)
« Reply #399 on: August 01, 2006, 12:09:03 pm »
totally shameless and self interested bump to the top of the page...so sue me I love my friend.... ;)